Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Southbridge Application
IGN: Ryzen_Up
Length of time with Team9000: Erm, a week or two
Last official map you played on: The current one (August 29th 2014)
One veteran member (has been here longer than 1 year) to vouch for you: Tsysin
Approved

I know of one issue so far with the Nether passage; I play on a very low setting, so I can't see the two ghasts that float nearby.

So, I am curious, what texture/resource pack is everyone using? I'm using Sphax PureBDCraft myself, but i am always in the market for a good texture pack.

Conquest_: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...rce-packs/1242763-conquest-wip-weekly-updates

Chromahills: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...x-chroma-hills-rpg-cartoon-official-seus-pack

Now on to my post:

I have built a self sorting storage system for my town to use. Requires a lot of hoppers, but it's still nice, and consumes a lot of time... which I like.

I found the system on Youtube, modified it for lights and stuff, but then I added a rail system from my house to the sort system.

So when I'm done digging or whatever, I drop stuff I want in public storage inside the chest, it triggers an inverter and calls for a cart. The cart comes, takes what's in the chest, and leaves. Dropping it into the sort system on the other side.

I <3 it. Now I'm going to built carts to other houses in my town.

Empty hopper:
IsoOJPl.jpg

Placing cobble in queue chest:
xbOv5Pz.jpg

Light and cart call triggered:
s1FTFKt.jpg

Cart Arrives:
9j4fYts.jpg

Cart Empties Chest and Hopper and Triggers call to leave:
fwkuYRv.jpg

Cart dumps into sort facility (not nearly complete):
ZzpQjm4.jpg

Southbridge Application
IGN: Ryzen_Up
Length of time with Team9000: Erm, a week or two
Last official map you played on: The current one (August 29th 2014)
One veteran member (has been here longer than 1 year) to vouch for you: Tsysin

Played with Ryzen on several different servers.. Totally Trustworthy.

So, I am curious, what texture/resource pack is everyone using? I'm using Sphax PureBDCraft myself, but i am always in the market for a good texture pack.
I use 3 different resourcepacks.
The first isThe Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker I use this for any SMP or SSP vanilla stuff I do. It's a very good semi-HD pack that I highly recommend for someone that wants a cartoonish resourcepack with a real feel to it that doesn't scream basic.

The second is just Sphax I use this one for anything mod related.

The Third is a custom one that I can't really give out. But it's base is off of Faithful.
I highly recommend this one for someone who wants a laid back resourcepack, It makes everything look almost the same, but with a more HD quality "Someone didn't spend 5 minutes drawing with crayons" look.

EDIT: I forgot two things.
1st is that the Wind Waker pack has some few textures that aren't complete yeeeet. Like sheep and villagers.
2nd is that I also use CUDA Shaders. This is a shader pack made for people with slower PC's. I love it because it mainly makes lights better. Though now that I see there's a V4 I'm interested in the additions. I'll get back to you on that slower PC thing.

I have a admin request. If I could please have a double chest of bedrock blocks for my sort system. It won't be used as anything but a block for filters. Once I'm done, you can come take it away from me.

I have a admin request. If I could please have a double chest of bedrock blocks for my sort system. It won't be used as anything but a block for filters. Once I'm done, you can come take it away from me.
What if you used something you would never make a lot of, like crafting tables?

I suggest using whatever is going into that chest. If you don't have five of that item, use an item that you don't intend to store, like eggs or something like that.

I suggest using whatever is going into that chest. If you don't have five of that item, use an item that you don't intend to store, like eggs or something like that.

My system requires 22 items per filter. I'll try to figure out something I'll never drop in a chest. Problem is, if I EVER drop that item in, the system is screwed.

My system requires 22 items per filter. I'll try to figure out something I'll never drop in a chest. Problem is, if I EVER drop that item in, the system is screwed.
Try one of the flowers. Or maybe a notch apple. One of the potions that don't do anything?

EDIT: Potions that don't do anything: thick potion or the other useless base potions.

Try one of the flowers. Or maybe a notch apple. One of the potions that don't do anything?

Golden apples are extremely expensive. Flowers won't work because I get those and expect to dump them in.

I think I'm going to use haystacks... I have only crafted those once, and it was to decorate my stable.

Now to get enough iron to craft 100's more hoppers.

On a personal level, I know you well enough to believe that you would not abuse the ability to place bedrock, and the access to said bedrock.

However, if we do this for you, we have to do it for everybody. And therein lies the problem.

I use eggs because once you have a few chickens and a decent wheat farm, eggs become useless, and they belong in the garbage disposal.

Golden apples are extremely expensive. Flowers won't work because I get those and expect to dump them in.

I think I'm going to use haystacks... I have only crafted those once, and it was to decorate my stable.

Now to get enough iron to craft 100's more hoppers.
A thick potion would work too. Compass, map. Furnace cart, chest cart. Trapped chests (unless you use those for compact storage), fireworks. Wooden tools.

Another thing you can do is just name the buffer items - i.e. name 21 pieces of cobblestone "Joizey". If a piece of regular cobblestone block comes thru, it'll keep on going and won't break the sorter. Obviously it's a bit XP intensive naming that many blocks for as large a sorter as it sounds like your building.

A thick potion would work too. Compass, map. Furnace cart, chest cart. Trapped chests (unless you use those for compact storage), fireworks. Wooden tools.
non-stackable items don't work, because they send the equivalent of a full stack worth of redstone strength.

Another thing you can do is just name the buffer items - i.e. name 21 pieces of cobblestone "Joizey". If a piece of regular cobblestone block comes thru, it'll keep on going and won't break the sorter. Obviously it's a bit XP intensive naming that many blocks for as large a sorter as it sounds like your building.

Not a bad idea, I have an XP grinder, so that wouldn't be too much trouble, just time intensive is all.

However, I think for now hackstacks might do

I didn't even think of that. But in my case the point is moot, because the only thing I'm storing is blocks. Any stackable item works for me.

I used eggs because I happened to have hundreds of them (thanks alfi)

Back