Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

I spend about 8 hours on a 1.8 single player world. Build a big ass thing in creative. Mess around with guardians, go into survival, die in seconds....

Forgot to save. Have no idea where build is.

I spend about 8 hours on a 1.8 single player world. Build a big ass thing in creative. Mess around with guardians, go into survival, die in seconds....

Am I correct in assuming that this was a superflat world? If so, I have experienced similar things: according to the wiki, the spawn is random every time. However, I find I can remedy this by issuing the command

Code:
/setworldspawn

Of course, that is only helpful if you can recall where your build is, which it seems you cannot. I recommend loading the world into MCEdit and looking for a group of generated chunks separate from the ones you are within currently.

I would be interested in seeing what you built, unless you were just testing things randomly.

Are all the voting sites suppose to count towards the reward points? Cause it seems like MCSF, MC-MP, & MCSCA votes don't count towards it, or even show a vote notice in-game.

Also, Theo, do you think you can provide a clean map of the generated Hinterlands terrain after the update? (Not one of those live updated maps like with towns.)

Am I correct in assuming that this was a superflat world? If so, I have experienced similar things: according to the wiki, the spawn is random every time. However, I find I can remedy this by issuing the command

Code:
/setworldspawn

Of course, that is only helpful if you can recall where your build is, which it seems you cannot. I recommend loading the world into MCEdit and looking for a group of generated chunks separate from the ones you are within currently.

I would be interested in seeing what you built, unless you were just testing things randomly.

I was building a full on sort facility.

Are all the voting sites suppose to count towards the reward points? Cause it seems like MCSF, MC-MP, & MCSCA votes don't count towards it, or even show a vote notice in-game.

Also, Theo, do you think you can provide a clean map of the generated Hinterlands terrain after the update? (Not one of those live updated maps like with towns.)
Some of them don't work for some dumb reason. I've thought about doing a biome map for the Hinterlands on the dynamic map.

So I read it.... And... not exactly sure how this could affect things...

<--Since this guy is pretty much computer illiterate.
Basically, one of the former lead developers of Bukkit submitted a DMCA notice (i.e. "They're breaking my copyright by distributing this") to have Bukkit and Spigot websites taken down. His DMCA has Mojang's COO quoted about their stance on GPL, but I think it's just being used as context. It could prove interesting as I'd love to hear more about the agreement between Curse.com (I hate them) and Mojang as it applies to the acquisition of Bukkit.

As how it could affect things - imagine Mojang being the only source of server software. No more Bukkit. No more Spigot. Just pure vanilla. I don't think it would happen, regardless of the various conspiracy theories people have about Mojang eventually moving everybody to "Realms". Not saying that it's not possible, but I would highly doubt it. Mojang's biggest problem is PR - it takes them far to long to respond to any wide-reaching impacting changes (ala EULA) as they happen.

Large part of the hate/love relationship with this server...we don't want it easy but may be worth seeing if it can be stepped down a 'smidge'

Large part of the hate/love relationship with this server...we don't want it easy but may be worth seeing if it can be stepped down a 'smidge'
...he was talking about single player though. However, on the subject of the server, if there's a way to stop the "higher difficulty based on how long people are in a chunk" thing, that would be good.

So, my take (short because phone):

Mojang is attempting to say they can shut down and make private the entire Bukkit project. Wolvereness, the third top contributor to Bukkit, is filing the DMCA saying that they can't do that, because at the time of Mojang's acquisition of Bukkit, the license was GPL, and they chose to allow that to continue. They could have locked down the project at the time of purchase, but didn't. Because of the terms of GPL, they can't make the code private without the permission of literally every contributor. Wolvereness is basically saying "you can't change the license just because you want to." He's right. Mojang is heavily in the wrong here.

As far as this server goes, it's probably best to wait and see what happens with Mojang. According to MD_5: "We wish to clarify that at this point it appears that Mojang does not support the takedown claim issued by Mr Wolfe."

As far as this server goes, it's probably best to wait and see what happens with Mojang. According to MD_5: "We wish to clarify that at this point it appears that Mojang does not support the takedown claim issued by Mr Wolfe."
I wouldn't expect them to support it either, after EvilSeph basically said "Bukkit is dead", Mojang fired right back and basically said "Uhm, oh really now? We think not."

When we will get to 1.8

Considering the fact that the current edge of the world is about 8000 blocks in any direction, will it be possible/wanted to:

Have a portal from spawn to a town/protected outpost near the newly generated terrain or,
Have an easy access to such terrain or,
Have a badass protection command on a rail that would be built by the community towards the current world's borders.

All of these suggestions in order to get access to the cool terrain features of 1.8

Happy exploring,

When we will get to 1.8

Considering the fact that the current edge of the world is about 8000 blocks in any direction, will it be possible/wanted to:

Have a portal from spawn to a town/protected outpost near the newly generated terrain or,
Have an easy access to such terrain or,
Have a badass protection command on a rail that would be built by the community towards the current world's borders.

All of these suggestions in order to get access to the cool terrain features of 1.8

Happy exploring,
Why would we need new terrain? See those little pink spots in the exposed stone of the Southbridge render? That would be granite, currently disguised (and functioning as) regular stone. Most oceans will be able to generate underwater temples as well.

Back