Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

When we will get to 1.8

Considering the fact that the current edge of the world is about 8000 blocks in any direction, will it be possible/wanted to:

Have a portal from spawn to a town/protected outpost near the newly generated terrain or,
Have an easy access to such terrain or,
Have a badass protection command on a rail that would be built by the community towards the current world's borders.

All of these suggestions in order to get access to the cool terrain features of 1.8

Happy exploring,
We loaded the world in a 1.8 snapshot and reverted it back to the stableness of 1.7.10. The new terrain will auto generate in the world without needing expansion or wiping. The cost, however, were overworld chests having nothing in them. This is why we have the crystal system to make up for it. Any chest that hasn't been disturbed /should/ have their loot restored when we are officially 1.8.

Any chest that hasn't been disturbed /should/ have their loot restored when we are officially 1.8.
Umm, only if the chunk hasn't been loaded. Maybe. I just checked in 1.8 with 2 chests, loaded up 1.7 and only opened one, then in 1.8 both were empty. I don't see why a chunk that's never been loaded would have that problem, though.

This change was made a week or so ago, but animals/peaceful mobs will only be visible to players within a 16 block range. This does not apply to hostile mobs, which have a 48 block range. Less laggy (fps-wise) animal farms without harming mob grinders (I'm a bit biased towards mob grinders :p).

This change was made a week or so ago, but animals/peaceful mobs will only be visible to players within a 16 block range. This does not apply to hostile mobs, which have a 48 block range. Less laggy (fps-wise) animal farms without harming mob grinders (I'm a bit biased towards mob grinders :p).
So that's what that is..... Huh....

I was wondering, when I loaded into 1.8 yesterday , I immediately found Mesa. Will that generate in as well? Or only outside of the 8K (Unless its already here and I just have not yet found it :unsure: )
Mesa MC.png

Back