Team9000 Stream Revival

dpUppSw.png

eNwb8ea.png
Neither of those count as they are LoL loading screens. What's his stream look like when he's ACTUALLY in game?

Due to my schedule with school/eventually work, etc., I have been streaming later at night (the somewhere around 21:00-1:00 PST range). Let me know if you could work anything out of that.

Also, for the infos: http://www.twitch.tv/homerun09 is my page.
If you're really interested, send me a PM with your gmail(we're using google for organization and communication) and I'll add you in on things. And you can stream whatever time you want as long as it's not taken by someone else. This includes the terrifying hours of the morning US.

I consider the terrifying hours of US mornings to be between 5am and 1pm. If all things went my way.. I would sleep through those EVERY DAY. But I don't. So I can't. Weekends, though? If anyone is casting in that time frame.. sorry. I will likely not be there for shenanigans. XD Maybe if I move my computer directly into bed with me..
Aww yus. Toasty covers via overheating PC.

I consider the terrifying hours of US mornings to be between 5am and 1pm. If all things went my way.. I would sleep through those EVERY DAY. But I don't. So I can't. Weekends, though? If anyone is casting in that time frame.. sorry. I will likely not be there for shenanigans. XD Maybe if I move my computer directly into bed with me..
Aww yus. Toasty covers via overheating PC.
Yes, those are the terrifying hours of the morning. That's EDT btw everyone.

Of course that's prime time for Aussies...

I'm going to be watching some of these streams. Not gonna lie. You gais srsly. :D I am excite.

I have found your breed:

image.jpg

If you're really interested, send me a PM with your gmail(we're using google for organization and communication) and I'll add you in on things. And you can stream whatever time you want as long as it's not taken by someone else. This includes the terrifying hours of the morning US.

Sent you a twitch pm. \_( ツ )_/

I can't stream myself due to 'reasons', but I would be happy to join in on any multiplayer games that other people would host.

Also just like to say, for the record, that Borderlands 1 multiplayer has moved to SteamWorks and is available again. Hooray and all that.

It's possible, but I don't know that it will be a thing we do. The draw of a live cast is interacting between the audience and caster, I think.
The gamer recording wouldn't be around when the "rerun" would play.. otherwise they could just live cast. So who's gonna cast the recording? Why would people watch just any old game recording that they can't interact with, when there's a million other live channels?
If it's a recorded session.. I think it'd have to be something very special/entertaining to be worth throwing on the actual cast.
Might as well just live cast, even if it's during a slow off time, and then have it in the archive (Twitch does archives still, right?). If people want to go view it, they can.
Not much point in actually casting a pre-recorded video. At least, I don't feel so.

And also no. But also yes again.

The way Twitch VoD's currently work are as follows.
Unpartnered streams VoD's stay on Twitch for 14 days.
Partnered and Turbo stream's VoD's stay on Twitch for 60 days.
Any stream VoD can be exported to Twitch, however, if your VoD has been muted, the exported VoD WILL still be muted.

And also no. But also yes again.

The way Twitch VoD's currently work are as follows.
Unpartnered streams VoD's stay on Twitch for 14 days.
Partnered and Turbo stream's VoD's stay on Twitch for 60 days.
Any stream VoD can be exported to Twitch, however, if your VoD has been muted, the exported VoD WILL still be muted.
You don't need to use the VOD in order to rebroadcast. You can use your own recording of it and use that in place of whatever Twitch records.

It's possible, but I don't know that it will be a thing we do. The draw of a live cast is interacting between the audience and caster, I think.
The gamer recording wouldn't be around when the "rerun" would play.. otherwise they could just live cast. So who's gonna cast the recording? Why would people watch just any old game recording that they can't interact with, when there's a million other live channels?
If it's a recorded session.. I think it'd have to be something very special/entertaining to be worth throwing on the actual cast.
Might as well just live cast, even if it's during a slow off time, and then have it in the archive (Twitch does archives still, right?). If people want to go view it, they can.
Not much point in actually casting a pre-recorded video. At least, I don't feel so.
I agree with you on the fact that streaming a rebroadcast is nearly pointless, but it is done on a professional level by WCS and LCS as well as by certain individuals when I presume they are sleeping. Using rebroadcasts allows for "marathons" of streaming, as Dansgaming does in October.

As Ollee said, the archiving has been changed and VODS exist for a set number of days before disappearing.

So if we did that, it'd be kinda more for filler as needed/desired? And someone would have to keep and be responsible for casting all those videos, if they can't be permanently archived on Twitch.
I'm not totally opposed to that. Just discussing the need/doability/blahblahblah.

So if we did that, it'd be kinda more for filler as needed/desired? And someone would have to keep and be responsible for casting all those videos, if they can't be permanently archived on Twitch.
I'm not totally opposed to that. Just discussing the need/doability/blahblahblah.
Correct. If you want to permanently store any recordings, someone outside of Twitch will have to store them in order to prevent mutings brought about by their copyright system and to keep them around.

Rebroadcasting is more for those who missed the initial show or whatever it may be. It could also be used to maintain a 24 hour status on a stream. Filler describes this action quite accurately.

I didn't mean non-stop streaming. I meant that if one contributor was in a time zone where most people were asleep or not using twitch, then we schedule it so that video gets rebroadcasted during the next time when most people are awake and using twitch.

I didn't mean non-stop streaming. I meant that if one contributor was in a time zone where most people were asleep or not using twitch, then we schedule it so that video gets rebroadcasted during the next time when most people are awake and using twitch.
Yeah, but if most people are awake and using Twitch, that's when we want to LIVE stream.

Back