Test your computer Speed. Compare Scores 2!

My potato.
computer score.JPG

One thing I've learned from running this program on multiple computer, is your score gets inflated by 1000+ or so if your OS is on an SSD. It's not a great scorer in terms of accuracy but it gives you a general idea.

Also, I'm surprised to remember that this is my original thread and the fact that it is still alive is pretty cool.

score.png

(My score is still basically the same as the one on Page 3 because it's the same computer.)

One thing I've learned from running this program on multiple computer, is your score gets inflated by 1000+ or so if your OS is on an SSD. It's not a great scorer in terms of accuracy but it gives you a general idea.

Also, I'm surprised to remember that this is my original thread and the fact that it is still alive is pretty cool.

View attachment 143295

(My score is still basically the same as the one on Page 3 because it's the same computer.)
It doesn't inflate your score if your has an ssd. Your computer really is a lot faster. Hard drives have archaic technology that's super slow.

That's like saying 'One thing I've learned about this program is that having a faster processor increases your scores'

It doesn't inflate your score if your has an ssd. Your computer really is a lot faster. Hard drives have archaic technology that's super slow.

That's like saying 'One thing I've learned about this program is that having a faster processor increases your scores'
I know, I have had a computer with the OS on the SSD. It's a lot faster. I should have said "The score should not be taken as a sheer comparison of hardware". But it's a speed test so I guess that's obvious.

I know, I have had a computer with the OS on the SSD. It's a lot faster. I should have said "The score should not be taken as a sheer comparison of hardware". But it's a speed test so I guess that's obvious.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The ssd is part of the hardware. Why would it effect the way you view scores?

I have no idea what you're trying to say. The ssd is part of the hardware. Why would it effect the way you view scores?
I was under the impression that that final score is a composite score of all the hardware, and that the SSD score is tacked along with the other scores. Conventional hard drives being very slow compared to SSDs meant the SSD score would be hundreds of times higher than the HDD scores, so I thought it was slightly skewed. I wasn't taking into consideration that the SSD would speed up everything else, so I think I'm just looking at this wrong.

I think he's trying to say that it shouldn't increase the score by a huge amount just because of an SSD.

If your computer is a pile of shit, but you have an SSD, it's still a pile of shit. It shouldn't be telling you your computer is amazing overall because of an SSD.

Back