L'Inspecteur
G. Distinguished Rogue
dirty Lime Sneaky Spats of Sneaking

9AFE9080D0517283827AAD0D26DEFB0B7ED51061

4B7439F67C6566AAFA9C9D0FA9BE6C0A1DB9557F

F2600FA90DBBAA731707D8F333C51C00F14A4B98

It's a Victorian police theme.
Pretty snazzy, eh?
I'd love it.. If the Spats weren't lime...

I'd love it.. If the Spats weren't lime...
I'm trying to get a non-Lime pair. The deal was too good to pass up, however, considering I bought them for a key, and an unpainted dirty Spats is worth a key, and Lime raises the price of anything by at least a key.

I've just obtained the Scorch Shot, and I already have a Detonator. Replace this with it, or what? I like the Detonator because when you taunt, and anybody is caught in it, you get an insta-kill. But, the Scorch Shot doesn't have any bad side effects.

Advice, please. :confused:

I've just obtained the Scorch Shot, and I already have a Detonator. Replace this with it, or what? I like the Detonator because when you taunt, and anybody is caught in it, you get an insta-kill. But, the Scorch Shot doesn't have any bad side effects.

The Scorch Shot has bad side effects though...

Also, that taunt is the HADOUKEN (is allowed caps because PYROS), which all pyro secondaries other than the SS have.

Anyway, try playing with both of them. After a while, you'll be more comfortable with one than the other.

The Scorch Shot V.S. Detonator. Here we go.

Both:

Set multiple enemies on fire with a single shot
Have a taunt kill (Det's being the hadoken, and SS's will instakill if the enemy is close enough to you, if not, it will just shoot them.)

Detonator:

+Don't have to be accurate, due to the detonation
+Will crit burning targets who are hit directly
-The explosion hurts you more than your standard flare will. Spamming the explosion near you can kill you quick.
-Detonating at the wrong time will end up just wasting your time and ammo, with no one being hurt. Timing is everything.

Scorch Shot:

+Zero secondary mechanics. Point, shoot, several enemies burning
+Knockback can really mess up a push.
-Accuracy is needed in order to light multiple people on fire. Miss, and you've wasted a shot.
-50% less damage, and no crits v.s. burning targets. Speaks for itself.

Personally, I use the Scorch Shot, not only because I currently don't own a detonator, but because I find its mechanics to be the most enjoyable. Hell, it's even a good counter pyro weapon, thanks to the range and knockback.

The Scorch Shot V.S. Detonator. Here we go.

Both:

Set multiple enemies on fire with a single shot
Have a taunt kill (Det's being the hadoken, and SS's will instakill if the enemy is close enough to you, if not, it will just shoot them.)

Detonator:

+Don't have to be accurate, due to the detonation
+Will crit burning targets who are hit directly
-The explosion hurts you more than your standard flare will. Spamming the explosion near you can kill you quick.
-Detonating at the wrong time will end up just wasting your time and ammo, with no one being hurt. Timing is everything.

Scorch Shot:

+Zero secondary mechanics. Point, shoot, several enemies burning
+Knockback can really mess up a push.
-Accuracy is needed in order to light multiple people on fire. Miss, and you've wasted a shot.
-50% less damage, and no crits v.s. burning targets. Speaks for itself.

Personally, I use the Scorch Shot, not only because I currently don't own a detonator, but because I find its mechanics to be the most enjoyable. Hell, it's even a good counter pyro weapon, thanks to the range and knockback.
Also both can allow you to Flare Jump.
The Scorch Shot is better at this because it's automatic, it does less damage to you, and you go higher.

So I would use the Scorch Shot.

Also, if we're going pictures of our mains:
Vorsprungcurrent.png

Also both can allow you to Flare Jump.
The Scorch Shot is better at this because it's automatic, it does less damage to you, and you go higher.

So I would use the Scorch Shot.

Also, if we're going pictures of our mains:
View attachment 133515
Pyro1: Hot literally
Pyro2: Hot metaphorically
I'd post mine, but I'm too poor for anyone to actually be any form of impressed. =_=
And I've been enjoying stabbing it into 4176 people's backs since!

Back