• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Prototype blueprints:
WorldHub.JPG

NOTE:

The colours are not meant to be final.
The arcs are meant to be thicker than what is pictured.
The 'amenity' tower (main tower) continues down onto the plaza.
The arcs and main tower are meant to be covered in torches.
Block types yet to be decided.

The WorldHub itself will be its own town. However, it will remain neutral, and have preferences set so that anyone can access it. The idea is that people cannot access chests, or physically destroy the town.

Either underground or within the plaza (yet to be finalised), individual towns hold their outposts. Each outpost will be limited to a single chunk (yes, this WorldHub is gonna be massive). These outposts are locked off - they are a little haven for each town that they can trade from and keep valuables.

Rail systems connect every town to the WorldHub. These rail systems will be able to be accessed from under the WorldHub.

There will be a 4-chunk gap enforced between the perimeter and the WorldHub.

The main tower contains amenities for all members to use.

One person will act as the caretaker for the WorldHub. (I wouldn't mind being this person, but it's up to who people want to be the caretaker). The caretaker, for authoritative purposes only, is the mayor of the WorldHub. They do not hold any special ruling powers or priveledges in the Federation (other than any other member). They will be in charge of physically editing the WorldHub. Otherwise, the mayoral position is only so that the area is controlled.

All towns will contribute to the building and upkeep of the WorldHub (the plan is, however, that it will become self-sufficient. There would be ample room for any self-sustaining amenities.)

The WorldHub itself will contribute any gains it makes (for example produce from farms contained within the WorldHub) to Federated towns.

The WorldHub is the centre of the Federation.

Thanks for your patience guys. Remember that this is all suggestion, and is viable to change. (In fact, I would like to see some change / feedback.)

We could use the top of the tower as a security post, too.
The very top should be a bell tower, used to maybe draw attention to other players... And underneath, a party room!

I don't think DiamondFortress should be right next to the hub. We don't want towns too close to the Hub, and letting a single town close to the Hub would not be good, it makes the rest of us want to be closer, and if we move closer, we get mashed together.

Also, I still need that application from DF, an idea of what it will look like, and a list of people who will be living there. A single person town is no town.

Wait what kind of application are you requiring here, Ustulo?

You don't have to worry about it, you and your towns are already in.

In order to protect security in the Federation, we must do joining Applications. By doing that, it can prevent anyone from joining a town and griefing. We should all have the same format. What i think the format should be is:

1. Username
2. Minecraft Experiance
3. Building Style (if you have one)
4. T9k Experiance
5. Why do you want to be in (town name here)
6. What good would you do to the Federation

--------------Applying----------------
To enter the Federation, one can enter in two ways: A town join or a single person join.
The easy is single person, which is applying to a town that you think you wan to be part of. Ask the mayor of the appropriate town and work something out, we don't have control over that.
The other way is a town join, which is the way Mayors and Assistants, if they read this, would join. To join, apply on this thread about why you should be allowed to join. We please ask that you try to not have a ghost town, active players are best. Also, ONLY keep people that you have complete trust in, the last thing we want is to let thieves or griefers in. Everyone in your town must be completely trustworthy.
Another thing is buildings. We ask that you not allow ugly buildings, cuboids make of wooden planks or cobblestone buildings, unless otherwise directed by a town theme. You should have a Hotel/apartment building that players who might need them to live in.

By caretaker do you mean the "mayor" position?
Caretaker as in the person responsible in it's organization and construction. He'll be part of a town that claims the tower or the main structures in town and have assistant privileges.

By caretaker do you mean the "mayor" position?

No. I'm not trying to be in charge - quite the contrary - I think that all governing of the Federation should be done by a council of all the mayors of towns. The caretaker position is a technical position - if you think about it, it would just be a 'puppet' or 'authoritative' position. The WorldHub would be its own town, right? It would just be open to everyone to use it (except for editing - we don't want grief). Someone would need to be the 'mayor' of the 'town'. I'm suggesting that should be me. It just means I'm in charge of editing the WorldHub, and appointing temporary assistants to help with construction.

The point is that someone needs to hold the 'mayor' position so that the town can exist. By further connection, that person would be in charge of editing the town.

Not trying to be arrogant - I would really like to have this caretaker position - but it is a little bit of a self-sacrifice. It would mean I could never be aligned with any one town, or conduct any ventures of my own. I just want to serve the community, and I think this is the best way I can do it. If others are happy with it, then I'll be more than happy.

I think what can happen is that I and a few other people should run ahead and unofficially claim a suitable area for the WorldHub. Then, resources can be mined, which then cane be sold to claim land. Then, people give their gains to me, and I make the town. After the first claim, everyone is free to go off and make their towns. However, then they need to donate some resources to the upkeep of the WorldHub (not for my monetary gain, but so that I can claim land and build). Once the thing is done, I'll personally work to continue to build the WorldHub. Any gain I get (e.g. when I mine down to make the railways), I will give to Federated members.

The main focus for the Federation in the new world's infancy should be to get the WorldHub up and running. Even if towns aren't made, a safe spot will still exist. Once I get ample help to build the WorldHub, everyone is free to go off and build their towns. Then, I'll just be giving away all wealth i come across.
The aim is to have the WorldHub as a self-sufficient entity. For example - if a massive wheat farm is made at the WorldHub, I'll give all the wheat away.

No. I'm not trying to be in charge - quite the contrary - I think that all governing of the Federation should be done by a council of all the mayors of towns. The caretaker position is a technical position - if you think about it, it would just be a 'puppet' or 'authoritative' position. The WorldHub would be its own town, right? It would just be open to everyone to use it (except for editing - we don't want grief). Someone would need to be the 'mayor' of the 'town'. I'm suggesting that should be me. It just means I'm in charge of editing the WorldHub, and appointing temporary assistants to help with construction.

The point is that someone needs to hold the 'mayor' position so that the town can exist. By further connection, that person would be in charge of editing the town.

Not trying to be arrogant - I would really like to have this caretaker position - but it is a little bit of a self-sacrifice. It would mean I could never be aligned with any one town, or conduct any ventures of my own. I just want to serve the community, and I think this is the best way I can do it. If others are happy with it, then I'll be more than happy.

I think what can happen is that I and a few other people should run ahead and unofficially claim a suitable area for the WorldHub. Then, resources can be mined, which then cane be sold to claim land. Then, people give their gains to me, and I make the town. After the first claim, everyone is free to go off and make their towns. However, then they need to donate some resources to the upkeep of the WorldHub (not for my monetary gain, but so that I can claim land and build). Once the thing is done, I'll personally work to continue to build the WorldHub. Any gain I get (e.g. when I mine down to make the railways), I will give to Federated members.

The main focus for the Federation in the new world's infancy should be to get the WorldHub up and running. Even if towns aren't made, a safe spot will still exist. Once I get ample help to build the WorldHub, everyone is free to go off and build their towns. Then, I'll just be giving away all wealth i come across.
The aim is to have the WorldHub as a self-sufficient entity. For example - if a massive wheat farm is made at the WorldHub, I'll give all the wheat away.
You'll still count as a mayor though :D
You can get houses in other towns!

So the mayors should be, (Cant remember the other towns joining, just using caprica and woodkeep atm) for caprica, Masterbuffalo97 and I, and for woodkeep, pyrofiredelta.
Just for a fact, every town that joins in will be a part of worldhub. Just to get this right, all towns that join worldhub will be a part of worldhub. (citizens and mayor) As of what pyrofire said:
Pyrofiredelta said:
The assistants would only be the mayors, no1 else.
We will only promote temporary assistants for the building of worldhub. The town outpost thing is Not the plan, and was never going to be. Every town will basically be added to worldhub. Origionally this was a 3 town allience. Pyrofiredelta, Masterbuffalo, Adrian and I will be in charge of worldhub. Vor, you seem like you really know what your doing, so I say you will be caretaker. And for ustulo, please back off. You have changed this thing more than what it needed to be. Vorsprung, I will discuss if you should be mayor or not, no offence ustulo, but it is not your decision.

Back