• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Who would own the hub? I would oversee the hub if i werent already mayor of woodkeep...
A public servant, who doesn't act in a town. The Hub should only have one or two people in it, DiamondFortress would not be a good plan to be the Hub. Representatives from each town would then build a building or two in the Hub, in the style of their town, for use pretty much as an embassy.

Alternatively, the Hub could be outposts of the towns that are in the Federation, connected together.

the hub is owned by NO ONE, fyi :3

DutchCheese knows how it's done.

The Federation should gain enough money / equip to create the Hub, as a town of it's own. Then It could connect to all other towns.

The Federation should gain enough money / equip to create the Hub, as a town of it's own. Then It could connect to all other towns.
The Hub won't be a town, though, I don't think DiamondFortress would be well suited to be the Hub.

I just want to preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be bossy, or aiming to be in charge of anyone.

I do have a plan for the hub. What my plan revolves around is making a large, protected area which is the hub. It would serve as a massive marketplace that people could do their business in, and would house all the different stations that connect each federated town.
The hub (I'm going to refer to it under the moinker I came up with, 'Worldhub') would be a neutral, protected (so claimed) area that members of federated towns would have access to.
The idea is that Worldhub allows people to switch (so open doors and use buttons, etc.), but would not be able to be worked on unless you were the caretaker of the Worldhub.

I'm happy to sacrifice my plan to make my own town if a caretaker was needed for the Worldhub.
So, to summarise:

Any one town will not be the Worldhub. This would lead to power struggles, and all sort of strife. Your plan is out of the question tacodude. No offense.

The Worldhub itself would be a very large claimed area that anyone could access but not edit.

The Worldhub would work as the main rail station, that connects to every town in the Federation. It would serve as an access point, so all towns would be connected.

Worldhub would serve as a market- and dealing-place for all players. A potential idea is that federated towns could have outposts within the Worldhub area that they could work in. Otherwise, just a neutral place.

I have an idea that the main feature of the Worldhub is a massive skyscraper that contains amenities on each floor - for example, one floor for smelting, one floor for crafting, one floor for trading etc.

I would be happy to sacrifice my aspirations for making my own town for serving the community as the caretaker for the Worldhub.

I will draw up my designs for the structure soon.

Now, I want to know what you guys think. I reckon it is a solid plan; but I don't want to go too far out on a limb if I offend people or they want a different plan for the hub.

In order to protect security in the Federation, we must do joining Applications. By doing that, it can prevent anyone from joining a town and griefing. We should all have the same format. What i think the format should be is:

1. Username
2. Minecraft Experiance
3. Building Style (if you have one)
4. T9k Experiance
5. Why do you want to be in (town name here)
6. What good would you do to the Federation

Do we still have to do an application if we're already a part of a city in The Federation, like Caprica?

I just want to preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be bossy, or aiming to be in charge of anyone.

I do have a plan for the hub. What my plan revolves around is making a large, protected area which is the hub. It would serve as a massive marketplace that people could do their business in, and would house all the different stations that connect each federated town.
The hub (I'm going to refer to it under the moinker I came up with, 'Worldhub') would be a neutral, protected (so claimed) area that members of federated towns would have access to.
The idea is that Worldhub allows people to switch (so open doors and use buttons, etc.), but would not be able to be worked on unless you were the caretaker of the Worldhub.

I'm happy to sacrifice my plan to make my own town if a caretaker was needed for the Worldhub.
So, to summarise:

Any one town will not be the Worldhub. This would lead to power struggles, and all sort of strife. Your plan is out of the question tacodude. No offense.

The Worldhub itself would be a very large claimed area that anyone could access but not edit.

The Worldhub would work as the main rail station, that connects to every town in the Federation. It would serve as an access point, so all towns would be connected.

Worldhub would serve as a market- and dealing-place for all players. A potential idea is that federated towns could have outposts within the Worldhub area that they could work in. Otherwise, just a neutral place.

I have an idea that the main feature of the Worldhub is a massive skyscraper that contains amenities on each floor - for example, one floor for smelting, one floor for crafting, one floor for trading etc.

I would be happy to sacrifice my aspirations for making my own town for serving the community as the caretaker for the Worldhub.

I will draw up my designs for the structure soon.

Now, I want to know what you guys think. I reckon it is a solid plan; but I don't want to go too far out on a limb if I offend people or they want a different plan for the hub.
I swear dude, you can read my mind. I was lazy enough not to post this in the first post, but this was exactly what I had in mind.

I'm gettin' there, dudes! Got some schoolwork t' deal with first. :(
my_robot_does_my_homework_t_shirt_1_1-p235857491892851578qixv_400.jpg

Back