The Future of Team9000 Minecraft

Do you have a better idea? :3
A manager, a "council" of volunteer staff, and lots of community input for major decisions. If you have multiple people in full control, you will have fights. One person who can look at the bigger picture and who has full veto power is sure to guarantee a single direction for the server.

A manager, a "council" of volunteer staff, and lots of community input for major decisions. If you have multiple people in full control, you will have fights. One person who can look at the bigger picture and who has full veto power is sure to guarantee a single direction for the server.

Pretty much what I was trying to say, though it did not come out as such. The biggest issue though is: Who'll do it. We have plenty of people, only trouble is that they do not fit one of Woot's four qualifications, the biggest one being age. That alone narrows down who'll run the server greatly.

Oh hello, you know someone who could run our server? :D
I believe he is saying that he fits all four of them. Or at the very least age. There are a lot of people over the age of 18. Just finding one that fits for all three of the remaining needs is the issue.

I believe he is saying that he fits all four of them. Or at the very least age. There are a lot of people over the age of 18. Just finding one that fits for all three of the remaining needs is the issue.
The only thing I'm truly hesitant on is the non-compete. If it would require me to shut down my own box, then I can't - I run other things on my server, such as Requiem PokeCraft, a kid-friendly Spoutcraft server (imagine a bunch of screaming 5-12 year old players - it's like CoD, only 17x worse), as an off-site backup for my important stuff, and some of my friends have access to it for their own private servers as well.

honestly gurw I think one of the more important things for woot might be that you don't try to emulate the T9K server on one of your own, or take and copy it. I think as long as whatever you do else where is your own unique server then Woot might be ok with it. I personally would be but I can't say that I really matter, I mean not quite a year yet. Best of luck in either case though.

If only I had the knowhow and the better internet, I would immediately jump to it. Granted, I haven't been back as much anymore, but it doesn't mean I don't think of T9K any less.

If the no-compete doesn't involve removing your own servers, I definitely vote gurw... or dama if he were up to it.

If I had the time and internet, I would love to do it - but i'm not 18 till July, and i have my HSC. I am good with computers though, so whoever gets the job can always ask me for help.

Also, we could have one person managing the server software, mods, etc, and for in-game administration, the town Mayor's could have full control on what happens in their town, with a council of long-term, trusted players managing the rest, e.g. complete bans, etc.

If the no-compete doesn't involve removing your own servers, I definitely vote gurw... or dama if he were up to it.

Color Legend:
great!
maybe ok?
baaaad

Requirements:
- Someone with passion for minecraft": check
- Someone with a passion to learn or a history of admin / dev experience: would love to learn, but don't really have much experience
- Someone with experience with linux: only know a few basic things, but have a linux comp I can practice+learn with
- Someone with experience in running various server mods for Minecraft (tekkit, etc.): only really have a little experience of using a few bukkit mods... not much
- Someone willing to sign a short duration non-compete (after all, you'd be getting full access to our systems, we don't want you running off with them :D): check
- Someone over 18 years of age.I am an old geezer so...

Other requirements not officially posted/might want to be considered:
- Has a good amount of time: maybe, maybe not. depends on our coursework for this summer semester
- Wouldn't favor sides/people/animals over others or abuse his/her position: check

Too much orange in comparison to green, so probably not the best choice. I'm also honestly not sure how people would feel about me being the one running things. Heck, most of the people on t9k don't really know me. :p

Gurw would probably be a decent choice since he has some experience running a server that people actually logged on to.

I'm all for letting us spotlight community servers. I think it's time to bring team9000 minecraft to a close. We've been at this a long time, and things have been slowing down for a long while. I know it's tough to say good bye to something that we've all spent so much time with. Something that we all love so dearly, but honestly, I think it's about time we move on to minecraft and focus on something else. Instead of focusing on getting our minecraft server updated (And popular the first month after a wipe), we should move on to something new.

Team9000 isn't a minecraft community. We're a gaming community. While minecraft has been instrumental in our growth, it's not the only thing we do here. There are a lot of special things going on here that you won't find anywhere else on the internet. Team9000 launch is a service that other communities could only dream of. The video player has always been awesome, our Mumble server is second to none. We're getting our own video game (Maybe two!). We've grown so much over the years, but minecraft isn't all that we are.

We can move on from this, there is a whole other world of video games out there. Moving to servers run by our amazing community members may be the best thing for minecraft on Team9000. After all, the server has been suffering for a lack of focus for a while now. It has always been "Why can't we have Tekkit... or PVP... Why aren't beds enabled?" well, the answer now is... if you don't like the way one of the servers is made... make one yourself. We have a great group of people here, many talented in running servers, with a great passion for minecraft, but not everyone likes to play Minecraft the same way. Supporting those in the community who have the vision and assets to create there server, and maybe even proving them with some support, could bring team9000 to a whole new level.

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. With or without minecraft, we'll still be team9000. We'll still be here, and We'll still be awesome.

I don't exactly qualify for the second one, nor am I well-known, but can help in other areas if need be.

Back