The Official T9K Pokemon League

I am so majorly behind in Pokemon it's not funny. I before didn't want to do this but now I do and I am nowhere close and I only know what type I want to be (fairy) but not a name of how the badge should look.

I am so majorly behind in Pokemon it's not funny. I before didn't want to do this but now I do and I am nowhere close and I only know what type I want to be but not a name of how the badge should look.
Again, there's no rush. :3 Take your time.

Finished up breeding, levelling, ev training, getting items, and getting moves tutored. One of my Pokémon is in a regular Pokéball instead of a Luxury Ball, but otherwise my team is as perfect as they're going to get. Catching a legendary with Luxury Balls and no status condition is kind of hard - a couple of attempts ended in a Pokémon struggling themselves to death.

I don't understand EV training. Is it necessary? Does it even make a difference?
I don't do it, but I do know it makes a difference. Basically, to my knowledge, EV training is how people get their pokemon to have the stats they want.

For example, say you have a pokemon that you want to be really fast to evade attacks. You'd have that pokemon fight specific pokemon that give EVs (Effort Values) towards that stat when killed, so they end up being faster than they would noirmally. Without EV training, your pokemon get stats fairly randomly based on the random pokemon you fight, and might not end up optimal and have EVs in stats you don't care about.

At least that's how I understand it. I'll let people who actually EV train correct me on what I'm wrong about.

Each Pokémon has a number of ev (effort value) points that they can pour into hp, attack, defense, special attack, special defense, and speed. There's a limit on this, though, and you're able to max out 2 of the 6 stats. It's good to know which stats you want to rely on over the others and ev train with those.

Ev training can be viewed in the super training panel on the touch pad, next to Pokémon amie and the PSS. In XY and ORAS, ev training can best be done via super training (a mini game involving shooting balls into nets) or fighting hordes with a power item (power anklet, lens, etc.). If you don't like the evs you have, you can reduce evs with certain berries or a super training reset bag.

I don't do it, but I do know it makes a difference. Basically, to my knowledge, EV training is how people get their pokemon to have the stats they want.

For example, say you have a pokemon that you want to be really fast to evade attacks. You'd have that pokemon fight specific pokemon that give EVs (Effort Values) towards that stat when killed, so they end up being faster than they would noirmally. Without EV training, your pokemon get stats fairly randomly based on the random pokemon you fight, and might not end up optimal and have EVs in stats you don't care about.

At least that's how I understand it. I'll let people who actually EV train correct me on what I'm wrong about.
Each Pokémon has a number of ev (effort value) points that they can pour into hp, attack, defense, special attack, special defense, and speed. There's a limit on this, though, and you're able to max out 2 of the 6 stats. It's good to know which stats you want to rely on over the others and ev train with those.

Ev training can be viewed in the super training panel on the touch pad, next to Pokémon amie and the PSS. In XY and ORAS, ev training can best be done via super training (a mini game involving shooting balls into nets) or fighting hordes with a power item (power anklet, lens, etc.). If you don't like the evs you have, you can reduce evs with certain berries or a super training reset bag.
Not to mention that each Pokémon has different natures which can hinder or help certain stats. So, if you want a Pokémon that'll be faster than others, you'll want to breed one until it has the ideal nature to help that stat. You can look at your Pokémon's stats and determine which stat is being helped and hindered by its nature by the color of the stat. A blue stat is the weak stat and a red stat is the strong stat. This link has more info about the game's mechanics.

Hi. I just got a 3ds and the new pokemon x (will try new Ruby after wards). Is this still a thing? Any tips for the new games?

In regards to this thread, I suppose I have my first team ready.

There's a few things I need to do before everything is perfect, but I have a team in working order that I'd like to test out.

For sending Chiba the information about registering our teams, what is the necessary format?

In regards to this thread, I suppose I have my first team ready.

There's a few things I need to do before everything is perfect, but I have a team in working order that I'd like to test out.

For sending Chiba the information about registering our teams, what is the necessary format?
Things I need to know:

Pokemon (Duh)
Ability
Hold item
Moves

However, for right now, considering not everyone is ready, you don't need to register your team yet. If you can find someone else who is ready, feel free to have practice matches. I believe there are a few people who are ready for a test run.

Things I need to know:

Pokemon (Duh)
Ability
Hold item
Moves

However, for right now, considering not everyone is ready, you don't need to register your team yet. If you can find someone else who is ready, feel free to have practice matches. I believe there are a few people who are ready for a test run.

Very well.

I hereby decree that I'm ready to test my 'mons against others.

On another note, any bans on duplicate items on a team? Some people obey that rule, it's one option in the game. What's the stance here?

How complete are we? As in, how many teams are standing as of now
Very few teams are complete.

Currently, it seems only StTheo's Ice team is complete. Mine is usable, though with my options, there might be a Pokemon or two that I could replace.

As well, have you declared a type? Type list is on the front page. You can take a type that's already there, but you'll have to challenge the other person/people for that position.

Very few teams are complete.

Currently, it seems only StTheo's Ice team is complete. Mine is usable, though with my options, there might be a Pokemon or two that I could replace.

As well, have you declared a type? Type list is on the front page. You can take a type that's already there, but you'll have to challenge the other person/people for that position.
Was thinking Fire for a ragtag sunny day team or Steel for EXCADRILLLLL (jk)

In all seriousness though those are the two I'm leaning towards.

Edit:what are dream world abilities and how do I get them?

Very well.

I hereby decree that I'm ready to test my 'mons against others.

On another note, any bans on duplicate items on a team? Some people obey that rule, it's one option in the game. What's the stance here?
You can have whatever hold items you want.

Was thinking Fire for a ragtag sunny day team or Steel for EXCADRILLLLL (jk)

In all seriousness though those are the two I'm leaning towards.

Edit:what are dream world abilities and how do I get them?
Formerly a hidden ability only accessible through events or from the Pokemon Global Link in Gen V.

Now they are easier to obtain. You may find them through horde encounters or Friend Safaris in X/Y/ORAS, as well as through the DexNav in ORAS only.

(AND BY THE WAY: WEATHER ISN'T ABUSABLE ANYMORE)

Formerly a hidden ability only accessible through events or from the Pokemon Global Link in Gen V.

Now they are easier to obtain. You may find them through horde encounters or Friend Safaris in X/Y/ORAS, as well as through the DexNav in ORAS only.

(AND BY THE WAY: WEATHER ISN'T ABUSABLE ANYMORE)
It's still viable though ye?

Edit. Playing X atm and it's AMAZONG. I love all the details... From zigzagoons zig zag animation for tackle... To pikachus PIKA

Back