The Official T9K Pokemon League

Yeah, I don't want to be the champ. I want to be a gym leader. Remind me why I can't be a gym leader?
I haven't really grasped what's going on here very well, but from what it sounds like Chiba was trying to say, is that you would be too difficult to defeat to be anything but the Champion.

Why hasn't anyone applied to be the dragon trainer? They're so powerful, and it's not like they have any... er... weaknesses or anything.

>_>
<_<

Yeah, no.
You're down as the Bidoof Gym leader, like you asked.

What more do you want? :confused:
Why hasn't anyone applied to be the dragon trainer? They're so powerful, and it's not like they have any... er... weaknesses or anything.

>_>
<_<
Because dragons have the annoying habit of being some of the most difficult to level/breed.

Remember to spread the word to people about this. Otherwise, the entire project will never get out of the hanger, let off the ground.

Because dragons have the annoying habit of being some of the most difficult to level/breed.

Remember to spread the word to people about this. Otherwise, the entire project will never get out of the hanger, let off the ground.

We've got 10 people pledging to be gym leaders. That's a pretty damn good roster if you ask me. Four of those ten would be E4, so 6 gyms to go through. That's almost as many as the regular game. Hopefully the gyms are more challenging than the game.

Speaking of the game, OR/AS are coming out in about a month. How goes the progress of getting the details of the league set up? Are you planning on having things ready soon after launch day?

So...are there people you have to fight to get to the gym leaders? Can I be the loser that has a useless pokemon and says "TO GET TO <WHOEVER> YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME" but immediately is destroyed?

We've got 10 people pledging to be gym leaders. That's a pretty damn good roster if you ask me. Four of those ten would be E4, so 6 gyms to go through. That's almost as many as the regular game. Hopefully the gyms are more challenging than the game.

Speaking of the game, OR/AS are coming out in about a month. How goes the progress of getting the details of the league set up? Are you planning on having things ready soon after launch day?
Waiting to see all OR/AS has to offer before I put the final touches on the details, which might be a week+ after the launch. Other than that, things are as planned so far. Also, the initial plan is to take it further than the games, by giving each type a representative. Similar to how Gary had 10 Kanto badges in the show. (Inb4 that image is posted.) This way, it's more of a challenge, and no one's favorite type gets left out. This would also encourage creativity when designing and planning teams. (Although, this might just be wishful thinking.)

Just saying: If we lack the numbers to start then, this will be on hold until we do. I'm not going to change things, unless really broken, once things get started.

So...are there people you have to fight to get to the gym leaders? Can I be the loser that has a useless pokemon and says "TO GET TO <WHOEVER> YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME" but immediately is destroyed?
As hilarious as that sounds, it's just going to be hopping from one gym leader to another. However, it's entirely up to you if you want to do that. :p

4x Ice weaknesses.

4x Ice weaknesses everywhere.
Nevermind the Fairy type weakness now.

Just saying: If we lack the numbers to start then, this will be on hold until we do. I'm not going to change things, unless really broken, once things get started.

So, if there aren't enough trainers to be a gym leader for each type then you don't want to start the league? Am I understanding correctly?

I just assumed you were never going to let me be the bidoof gym leader and never checked. I've got to go do copious amount to of research into bidoof breeding.

Nevermind the Fairy type weakness now.

So, if there aren't enough trainers to be a gym leader for each type then you don't want to start the league? Am I understanding correctly?
Correct. However, at the rate things are progressing, it shouldn't be more than a month after the launch of OR/AS.

Correct. However, at the rate things are progressing, it shouldn't be more than a month after the launch of OR/AS.
Would you prefer me to gather some IRL friends and bring them to Team9000 for the league? They are unlikely to participate much in the forums, but I know a few who might be eligible to fill in some gyms.

Would you prefer me to gather some IRL friends and bring them to Team9000 for the league? They are unlikely to participate much in the forums, but I know a few who might be eligible to fill in some gyms.
We'll see. We still have time before things are ready, anyway.

Day 1: Captured my first bidoof. Her name is Doofus, she will be the mother of my army of Bidoofs. Attempting to obtain a second everstone while training her to fight on her own.

Back