The Official T9K Pokemon League

I could actually really use a second everstone (more than that, really).

Battle Geodude/Gravellers or Roggenarola in the wild, there is a 5% chance any of them are holding an everstone. Be sure to use an item-stealing move such as Thief. Coincidentally, Bidoof can be taught Thief.

Battle Geodude/Gravellers or Roggenarola in the wild, there is a 5% chance any of them are holding an everstone. Be sure to use an item-stealing move such as Thief. Coincidentally, Bidoof can be taught Thief.
I didn't know about the thief thing. Will have to try that. I've just been trying to catch endless amounts of gravellers on victory road. It wasn't going well.

I didn't know about the thief thing. Will have to try that. I've just been trying to catch endless amounts of gravellers on victory road. It wasn't going well.
It's a thousand times easier to do to get certain items. Use thief, run away. Also a lot easier on the pokewallet. :p

It's a thousand times easier to do to get certain items. Use thief, run away. Also a lot easier on the pokewallet. :p
A even better thing to do is to get a pokemon with the Frisk ability. It'll tell what item a pokemon is holding, so you can just run first turn if they don't have anything.
The pokemon that can have both Theif and Frisk are Stantler, Banette, Gothitelle, Tevenant, Gourgeist and Noivern.

Thought someone here would appreciate this:
DHeaZ0t.jpg

So, what process determines if a gym leader becomes an Elite 4 member? Are we doing a tournament with brackets, or a point-based everyone vs everyone thing?

So, what process determines if a gym leader becomes an Elite 4 member? Are we doing a tournament with brackets, or a point-based everyone vs everyone thing?
It's going to be an elimination-style tournament. Placement will be random, so prepare for your opponent to be anything.

So...are we battling with our team types? Or are we just battling with our normal battle team? 1v1 battle, 2v2? Deets, pl0x.
1. The team you plan on using in the Pokemon League will be the team you use in the tournament.
2. The style of battle will be determined by the combatants. If they cannot decide, then it will be a three-match set-up: One match in the style that person A wants, One match in the style that person B want, and if that ends in a draw, a third match will be done in a style chosen at random.
3. Keep in mind that even if you lose early on, you can work your way back up the ladder when the league is started.

Speaking of...

My original plan for the League's release date (I.E. with ORAS) is likely not going to be accurate anymore. It appears interest has died back out for the most part, and we have several types still unaccounted for. Until interest increases, shit's on hold.

1. The team you plan on using in the Pokemon League will be the team you use in the tournament.
2. The style of battle will be determined by the combatants. If they cannot decide, then it will be a three-match set-up: One match in the style that person A wants, One match in the style that person B want, and if that ends in a draw, a third match will be done in a style chosen at random.
3. Keep in mind that even if you lose early on, you can work your way back up the ladder when the league is started.

Speaking of...

My original plan for the League's release date (I.E. with ORAS) is likely not going to be accurate anymore. It appears interest has died back out for the most part, and we have several types still unaccounted for. Until interest increases, shit's on hold.

On hold? Seriously?? I've spent I don't even know how many HOURS breeding my Pokémon team to a point where I am satisfied and we're holding off? Is this because you're wanting a person for each type?

On hold? Seriously?? I've spent I don't even know how many HOURS breeding my Pokémon team to a point where I am satisfied and we're holding off? Is this because you're wanting a person for each type?
Actually, it's due more so thanks to the lack of interest. This thread has been revived how many times by now? As it stands, there isn't even evidence of people wanting to be challengers, let alone additional gym leaders. There's no point if no one takes the challenge, correct? The thing I'm waiting on the most is interest, not applicants. For all I know, when ORAS comes out, interest will spike, and we'll have more people than we know what to do with. However, I'm not holding my breath. I don't have the lung strength for it.

Actually, it's due more so thanks to the lack of interest. This thread has been revived how many times by now? As it stands, there isn't even evidence of people wanting to be challengers, let alone additional gym leaders. There's no point if no one takes the challenge, correct? The thing I'm waiting on the most is interest, not applicants. For all I know, when ORAS comes out, interest will spike, and we'll have more people than we know what to do with. However, I'm not holding my breath. I don't have the lung strength for it.
I've not been saying much in this thread because there isn't much to say at this point. From my understanding, you were going to post more information about the league, how the gym leaders were going to establish rankings, and other things like that. Had I known you wanted people to keep posting in here as a sign of interest, I would've done so. I also want to be a challenger, not just a leader, and I'm willing to bet my shiny Giratina that there are others here who feel the same. Don't mistake quiet anticipation with lack of interest. This is your baby, and we're letting you run with it.

I've not been saying much in this thread because there isn't much to say at this point. From my understanding, you were going to post more information about the league, how the gym leaders were going to establish rankings, and other things like that. Had I known you wanted people to keep posting in here as a sign of interest, I would've done so. I also want to be a challenger, not just a leader, and I'm willing to bet my shiny Giratina that there are others here who feel the same. Don't mistake quiet anticipation with lack of interest. This is your baby, and we're letting you run with it.
The only remaining things to discuss is the registration process, really, and talking about that now would be difficult, as I'm unprepared to keep track of things just yet. I've been working on my other projects at the same time as refining the details for this, and until ORAS comes out, I have no idea how shit's going to be set up, as some information has yet to be revealed about the games.

Furthermore, setting up shit is even more difficult than one might think, considering I have yet to play X & Y. This means I am going primarily on the data laid out for me on various websites to figure shit out, and not on first-hand experience. This is literally the best I can do for now.

Also, it isn't just those who have posted to stay seemingly interested that I'd like to see. I'd also like to see other people posting in this thread, either interested in just being a challenger, or becoming a gym leader, or hell, just plain curious as to wtf this is all about. I can't force people to be interested, and all I can do is sit and wait. I don't like the idea of postponing this longer than it already has been, mind you. The original plan was for it to be a thing when X & Y came out, and we see how well that worked out. However, despite that, if it needs to be delayed longer for the sake of it being successful, then I would hope everyone involved would understand that it would be for the better.

And before it gets brought up by anyone, yes. I have come to terms with the potential for this to crash and burn in a glorious fireball of failure. Just saying.

Speaking of...

So we can't change the 6 Pokémon we plan to use between battles?

Back