The Official T9K Pokemon League

ChibaMasato

Thank you, Zen, for the badgering.

Welcome, my fellow T9kers and Pokemon Trainers, to the official thread for the Pokemon League!

Do you have what it takes to climb the ranks and become a Pokemon master? Or maybe you'd rather be an official member of the League itself? Regardless, the road is long, and won't be an easy task. Are you up for the challenge?

If you said yes, you've already passed the first test. Well done!

Clearly, there are multiple sections for those that certain people are looking for in this post, so I'm going to break down the regulations official League members must follow.

LEAGUE REGULATIONS (MEMBERS):
1. SINGLE TYPE CLAUSE: Your team MUST all share one common type. If you specialize in, say, Rock Pokemon, all of your Pokemon need to have the Rock-type. Pulling a 'Lance' is unacceptable. (I.E. No Pokemon that 'look' like they should be that type, but aren't.)
2. You are allowed to exchange Pokemon in your party for others as long as they still obey the Single Type Clause, but should you do so, you need to inform the Administrator (Me) as your team has to be registered. This is to prevent cheating, as neither combatant will know of the others' Pokemon until the match. Should someone blow the whistle on someone's team, all guilty parties involved will be punished, based on the severity of the offense.
3. You are free to resign from your position whenever you'd like. Don't not get the idea that you are forever anchored to that position.
4. Continuing from that, you can challenge the rank above you on the ladder at any given time for their position. You have 2 tries to beat them. If you fail both, you remain where you are. Should you succeed, the positions will be switched, and the challenge numbers reset. Note that if a challenger has beaten one, but the order switches, the challenger still has to defeat the defeated member, despite them being lower on the ranking list now.
5. Once you are set in position, you can choose any battle style you wish. Single, double, triple, rotation, it's all up to you.

APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Name (Duh.)
2. Type (NOTE: If someone else wants the type, it will be a best-of-three match using the teams you planned to be a member with.)
3. Why you want to be a member. (Give some thought to this. I'm serious.)'
4. For kicks (and potential prizes in future), Design a badge/emblem. Make it no bigger than 100x100 pixels. Get creative. Name it. Be proud of it. I'm not looking for super details, nor something that is legit 100x100. Take your time with it. Or have someone else do it for you. There are plenty of art-y people here in T9k who I'm sure would be happy to help.

NOTE: Any bit of trolling in the applications will immediately make it dismissed and unconsidered.

CHALLENGER REGULATIONS:
1. In order to start the challenge, your team must be registered with the Administrator. You are NOT allowed to exchange your Pokemon mid-challenge. Go in prepared for anything.
2. The only information you will get of your next opponent will be their type. Devise a strategy before challenging them.
3. Should you lose 3 times to the same member, you are given the option of backing out of the challenge. Doing so resets your progress.
4. Should you lose to ANY member of the Elite Four, you have to re-battle all of them again, just like the games.
5. Should you reveal any information to other challengers of the League members' teams, you WILL be forcefully removed from the challenge, and prohibited from ever entering the League again. Cheating is not tolerated.
6. There is no Champion status.

GENERAL REGULATIONS:
1. All teams are permitted EITHER 1 Legendary Pokemon OR 1 Mega-Evolution. Your Mega-Evo must be registered as your Mega-Evo when registering you team in order for you to use it. Should a team contain more than one Pokemon who can, only the registered one can use its Mega form. If you are caught using another Pokemon as your Mega-Evo, you will be removed from the League, regardless of your position. The Mega-Evo must also abide by the Single Type Clause for members, but the Pokemon itself before the Mega-Evo does not. You must evolve it immediately if you plan to use it, should that be the case. Legendary Pokemon that can Mega-Evolve are prohibited from doing so.
2. Be sportsmanlike. If you lose, take it with grace, and don't make a fool of yourself, or complain about how it was 'unfair'. It's a strategy game.
3. Tiers are not a thing. Never were, and never will be. Feel free to enjoy yourself while making your team. Creativity rewards those willing to put forth the effort.
4. No offensive nicknames, please. I'd like to think we're mature enough to not name a Steelix Dildo, or a Cloyster Vagina, or a Jynx Blackface. Be respectful.
5. Don't be a dick. Seriously. Just don't be.

APPLIED :

Zennai - Steel
Kitty_Bojingles - Fire
Neighslayer - Ghost
Thee_pro - Flying
ConcietedCupcakes - Water
ABarbeau - Dark
RedBox - Electric
Moondoggy23 - Rock
StTheo - Ice

NewspaperCrane - Bidoof

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all that out of the way, the official start date for the League is still unknown, but will likely be after the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. For now, prepare your minds, plan your applications, design your badges/emblems, design your teams. I'll reveal more on the registration process when we're closer to launch date.

I likely won't participate, as I don't have a 3/2DS, but is it okay if we cheat in our pokemon?

Where is the line drawn for this? Cheated natures, etc, etc.

1. Name: Zennai
2. Type: Steel

3. Why you want to be a member: You already know how hyped up I am for this. LET ME IN!

4. May I present the Alloy Badge:
sIAmxQl.png

In other notes, would there be restrictions on updates to our teams? I might change a move here or there on my team while I figure things out. That may happen often.

Also, I'm personally going to hold "don't be a dick" to "don't use Speed Boost Blaziken." Please.

EDIT: Since it seems everyone below is coming up with trainer names, I'll go with "Stella." Yes, I picked the female trainer, she's positively adorable.

1. Name: (T9K;What I go by: ) Kitty! (Pokemon Trainer name: ) Belgium
2. Type: FIREEEE
3. Why you want to be a member. Throughout the various generations of pokemon I have almost alwa- ... nevermind that, I've always gone with the fire starter. I'm also an aries and feel a rather deep connection to anything fire related. I've always liked heat and warmth, and all that fun junk. Not to mention I've played pokemon since I was literally 5 years old. This would be an amazing opportunity to even bother to do something productive. I'd love to participate and am rather excited about this.
4. For kicks (and potential prizes in future), Design a badge/emblem
buut.png
<- :3c

1. Name: Zennai
2. Type: Steel
3. Why you want to be a member: You already know how hyped up I am for this. LET ME IN!
4. May I present the Alloy Badge:
sIAmxQl.png

In other notes, would there be restrictions on updates to our teams? I might change a move here or there on my team while I figure things out. That may happen often.

Also, I'm personally going to hold "don't be a dick" to "don't use Speed Boost Blaziken." Please.
Any changes made to your team, I will need to know about.

I likely won't participate, as I don't have a 3/2DS, but is it okay if we cheat in our pokemon?

Where is the line drawn for this? Cheated natures, etc, etc.
Cheating is not tolerated.

Any and all forms of cheating fall under this. If you're serious about this, then you can get your Pokemon without resorting to cheating.

1. Name: Thee Pro. Character name: Vogel (German word for Bird and doesn't sound too out of place)

2. Type: Flying

3. Why you want to be a member: Been avidly following the idea from the very start of you mentioning this happening. Always had a thing for flying types in the games, since if the right combinations are used, you can easily blow through most opponents while only having a few weaknesses. But there are ways to nullify the weaknesses to a point of course.

The reason I want to apply is because I know I have the potential to put up a good fight and my roster would take some serious thought as to how to beat it. There are quite a few combinations that would make it difficult for someone with only one type to just come in and steamroll my team.

4. For kicks (and potential prizes in future), Design a badge/emblem:
I'm not artistic enough to create an emblem, but my idea would be a kind of ornate looking shield with wings coming off the sides.
EDIT~ Kitty has made a badge/emblem for me.

1. SINGLE TYPE CLAUSE: Your team MUST all share one common type. If you specialize in, say, Rock Pokemon, all of your Pokemon need to have the Rock-type. Pulling a 'Lance' is unacceptable. (I.E. No Pokemon that 'look' like they should be that type, but aren't.)
So I take it this rule eliminates any potential for a wild card. Say for example, since I'm flying type applying for flying type, I can't go out of my way to secure an event Pikachu that knows Fly and use it in my team. It does not have the flying type attribute so it would be a no-go. Correct?

E4 Application

1. Name: Thee Pro. Character name: Vogel (German word for Bird and doesn't sound too out of place)
2. Type: Flying
3. Why you want to be a member: Been avidly following the idea from the very start of you mentioning this happening. Always had a thing for flying types in the games, since if the right combinations are used, you can easily blow through most opponents while only having a few weaknesses. But there are ways to nullify the weaknesses to a point of course.

The reason I want to apply for the E4 (despite there never being a flying type E4 member in any of the games, probably for a good reason) is because I know I have the potential to put up a good fight and my roster would take some serious thought as to how to beat it. I'm not trying to say that I'm better than anyone by applying for the E4, no. Nobody is superior. But I'm taking the initiative here and putting in the first app to become one.

If someone wants to apply for E4 after all slots are filled, and I feel they would stand a better chance than I would, I'd gladly let them show me what they can do. If they best me, they can have it of course, as per the rules.
4. For kicks (and potential prizes in future), Design a badge/emblem:
I'm not artistic enough to create an emblem, and being an application for the Elite Four I'm not sure if this would even apply since they don't hand out a badge. But my idea would be a kind of ornate looking shield with wings coming off the sides.
There is no applying for a select spot. Once things are ready to be set-up, there will be an elimination tournament between the applicants to determine placement.

So I take it this rule eliminates any potential for a wild card. Say for example, since I'm flying type applying for flying type, I can't go out of my way to secure an event Pikachu that knows Fly and use it in my team. It does not have the flying type attribute so it would be a no-go. Correct?
Correct.

There is no applying for a select spot. Once things are ready to be set-up, there will be an elimination tournament between the applicants to determine placement.
I will modify my post in a minute.

EDIT~ Done

Also, it's about time I finally dust off the ol' 3DS again. Put it in my closet until this was finally announced.

What about Gym Leaders? Will you be setting up Leaders among people who don't make it into the League/don't want to be part of the League?

What about Gym Leaders? Will you be setting up Leaders among people who don't make it into the League/don't want to be part of the League?
This has been discussed. Once every type has a trainer, we will all battle to determine position. Top 4 are Elite Four, the rest have their own gyms. Yes, that's more than 8 types left over, but they will all have their gyms.

Oho~ I was wondering when Zen would force motivate you into putting this up. <3

Name: Cupcake
Trainer Name: Cam
Type: Water Tribe
Why you want to be a member: I wanna be the very best like no one ever was. And also I want an excuse to use all these Pokemon I've been breeding for the past 5 months. And uh, bettering myself and my Pokemon through the trials of battle against worthy foes-*winded anime protagonist speech on friendship*. So, yeah let's do this I'm here for this.
Design a badge for shits and giggles:
Tide Badge:
aPFsWo7.png

This has been discussed. Once every type has a trainer, we will all battle to determine position. Top 4 are Elite Four, the rest have their own gyms. Yes, that's more than 8 types left over, but they will all have their gyms.
This, basically. The original idea was for there to be the standard 12 total, but I realized that people have different favorite types, and it would suck for their favorite type to not make it in, so.... Poof.

Now then, what's the consensus on legendaries? Chiba has allowed it, and it factors into my team selection.

Note, though, I am fair. There's no way in hell that I'll bring out a Dialga unless everyone else in the league plays just as dirty. I will not use any legendaries with a base stat total greater than 600.

So, then, who will hate my guts for using a legendary, and who all believes that none of us should use any at all?

Back