• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Server is Dying

I think we should start something to get people back into Team9000 ._.

Down with the PvP server and those butts that are there all the time :fuuu:

Remove permit requirement? :D

Eagle Pass is one of the most grief-free places on the server because of the permit requirement. My house was NEVER griefed, not one time! Neither was my Elm Creek house. But in HoboTown, a place where you DON'T need a permit, my entire street was griefed.

Bad idea.

I basically quit this server also. I was tired of my houses getting griefed IN FRONT OF admins (they werent afk either) and nothing was done. And when I submitted my grief report a week ago....well they still did not get to it.

Callum said:
We must stop lag! but that is only a matter of time. We need to advertise the site and get a larger attudence - why doesn't everyone introduce it to 2 more people?

:facepalm: you can't 'stop lag' without
A. Buying a new wifi router,
B. Buying a new local Internet thingy,
Or C. Moving.
Also, t9k has alot of people already, not counting the daily increase, also with more people comes more lag, therefore the only way to stop lag is to just deal with it, or any of the reasons above..

I actually miss the server before towns were introduced. Back before most of you were on it (no offense). When we had 2 areas, one for trusted regulars and one for new people. We were free to build where we wanted and the mumble was pretty active. Now it seems none of the people from back then play anymore, and now I am finding myself trying to find a new server.

I had a similar reply in another post. The population of server has been declining since Elm Creek. A lot of the players from Eagle Pass would go to EP and find everyone left to Elm Creek- but not all liked the EC theme- so they just sort of lingered in and out, and a lot of mini outlands cities were created- but exposed to griefers. A long the way a large amount of the skilled player base went off as a group to explore new servers in the name of Team9000. What they found were new concepts that for the most part function on other servers. PvP areas, land claiming, multi chat system (such as faction/guild only chat), etc. New ideas that added to the flavor of these servers and not only allowed you to build kingdoms- but allowed you to engage them in PvP battle.

I understand some of these plugins may or may not be possible on T9k- perhaps they have poor coding? Or they conflict with existing ideas such as portals. It would require an overhaul of the established system on T9k SMP. No easy feat and a PITA for admins. There's a also a lack of mods (not admins...mods) on the server to help things running smoothly. Admins are not always on- they have lives and they also play other games. Mods would at least allow a bit more oversight without direct server (admin access). That is entirely up to the admins.

My ideal SMP server would have a map where fixed # of Kingdoms can exist in PvP style. It may not really be plausible- but it would be an amazing feature. You may not be able to conquer a kingdom in a white list city or destroy it and its' civilian population there. You could however destroy their outpost castles and cities in an outland style pvp area. Example: You can be a civilian of the Cydonian Empire for example and live near an outpost castle in PvP outlands- and those selected/approve/whitelisted can build a home in the actual kingdom it represents (via a portal) where griefing is minimized and PvP disabled.

It is sad really, how almost every new member of Team 9000 thinks "Oxytown is a poorly constructed piece of crap, dude Oxytown sucks how could anybody have ever lived there". Oxytown is one of the most historic towns on the server, the FIRST city on the server, and honestly the best in my opinion. Yes, some of it is a bunch of random, disgusting cobblestone boxes and skyscrapers. At least in Oxytown you could build FREELY without some sort of retarded lapis lazuli block thing.

Give us admin or moderator, that is present more than 5m every month, and i will be really happy.
Hyperbole, but still so much true in my eyes.

IF you recall from the mumble meeting a few weeks ago, those who are epic/pro rank in Classic will be given moderator priviliges in SMP, it's only a matter of time for Wooty and Ozy to get the coding down so those player only have mod access, and not total access to everything like Wooty or Ozy have. Obviously, the both of them are at E3 right now, having a blast, so it probably won't be until sometime towards the second half of the month at the earliest that will be implemented.

As far as how things are going in the server, I think it's a natural progression of things. People come and go, especially when it comes to gaming. New games will come out and distract players and cause them to ignore their previous games. I'm just as guilty of such a thing. I haven't touched my 360 in MONTHS since I found T9K and Minecraft. I think Wooty posted a thread about this a few months ago how minecraft is like any other game, and over time it will lose its attraction and people will move on. Whether those people move on to other games and drag other T9Kers with them, or if they just leave altogether is up to that individual.

As far as how things are going in the server, I think it's a natural progression of things. People come and go, especially when it comes to gaming. New games will come out and distract players and cause them to ignore their previous games. I'm just as guilty of such a thing. I haven't touched my 360 in MONTHS since I found T9K and Minecraft. I think Wooty posted a thread about this a few months ago how minecraft is like any other game, and over time it will lose its attraction and people will move on. Whether those people move on to other games and drag other T9Kers with them, or if they just leave altogether is up to that individual.
I remember that thread too. Perhaps the time of Minecraft has come to an end in Team9000? :duke:

People haven't really moved on from Minecraft in general, they just moved on from the Team 9000 server.

I know, the ever popular blocktopia server is getting an INCREASE but we are getting a DECREASE in players, before you know the entire server will be like Ozy Town

Things seemed so great at the start of 2011 when I first joined. There were a ton of really great people who interacted with Team 9000 almost daily, but now, most of them are gone and it kind of sucks. Beta was fun, and still is, but there are tons of new players that just don't seem dedicated/respectful to the server, not to mention many unsupervised griefers roaming about the Outlands. Team 9000 was one of the top multiplayer servers on alpha/beta back in the year, but with all the new mods out there and people to create an amazing idea for a server, such as Kingdoms with factions with PvP with actual currency and what not. In order for Team 9000 to regain its former stature, it will also have to grow and develop with these new times and ideas.

But no matter what I'm staying with Team 9000 to the end!;)

I am still here and my mansion in EC is completed, now I am just turning the sandstone into lapis when I get lapis. I roam beta anywhere from jerzeylegends place to squad 9001 to my mining place to EC. I am on most days at some point.

Back