To my Aussie friends (SRS BZNS)

oozinator

So yeah, I heard on the news that America and Australia are gonna be closer buds because of the growing importance of East Asia and Oceania regions. Gillard and Obama just held a joint press conference where they confirmed plans for a more active military cooperation between the two nations.

As an American, who has made several Aussie friends on T9K, I welcome the new closer relationship, but sometimes I wonder if American presence, specifically American military presence, is welcomed in Australia.

From what I gather, it seems like public opinion is split, but I'd like to hear from you guys.

Here's a clip, so you guys know what I'm talking about.

I chose the AJE clip because it has more Australian respondents than other videos and news articles I've found.

I don't care about this personally, It might do good, it might do bad. only time will tell. There's Just the only thing I didn't like about america was a long ago, when McNamara said none of Americas allies helped in the Vietnam war.
:facepalm:
That's all in the past though, I can see both sides benefiting from this.

I do believe that active military cooperation will be a positive thing but some issues that could arise from it are the possibility of unnecessary military bases in Australia.

Meanwhile in Australia...

I swear... for an industrialized country, you guys have way too many big ass bugs. It's no wonder you guys need some allied reinforcements. I guess its a good thing too that Vorsprung is a pyro.

I think the Chinese just want the kangawoos.

But they got pandas already... or are they just collecting all the cute wild animals around the world?

If that's the case, America's safe from invasion.
I can't really think of any cute wild animals here.

But they got pandas already... or are they just collecting all the cute wild animals around the world?

If that's the case, America's safe from invasion.
I can't really think of any cute wild animals here.
mech_01.jpg

white-coat-seal-pup.jpg

Back