U.S. Congress secretly passes National Defense Authorization Act.

Keyblade474

A few nights ago, Congress passed a bill (with a 93-7 vote, none abstaining. Some senators even urged to limit the debate and move straight to the vote) that authorizes the U.S. Military to detain, torture, even assassinate American citizens on U.S. soil - worse, with no trial or lawyer. They need only ACCUSE someone of being anti-government or being connected to terrorism. This could apply to nearly everyone - including peaceful protesters.

Thoughts?

Sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-detain-americans-indefinitely_n_1119473.html
http://www.nationaljournal.com/nati...s-veto-of-defense-authorization-bill-20111117
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.1867:

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

So basically if I said "I hate the government" I could get a bullet to the brain?

What the fuck are they thinking?

Our government is slowly turning into the Chinese government.

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

So basically if I said "I hate the government" I could get a bullet to the brain?

What the fuck are they thinking?

Our government is slowly turning into the Chinese government.
They must be starting a WW3 or something

You know a country is fucked when the Government doesn't even trust its own citizens with freedom of speech and the right to believe what they think is right.
5 years from now, at this rate, America is at risk of being in serious trouble.

You know a country is fucked when the Government doesn't even trust its own citizens with freedom of speech and the right to believe what they think is right.
5 years from now, at this rate, America is at risk of being in serious trouble.
dude, america was in serious trouble 50 years ago. as far as i'm concerned, it's beyond hope now.

Oh shit... people in my family have been pulled over by the cops for "looking terroristy."

Now I guess my dad can get shot in the head for having a big nose.

americans... can't explain that
everyone should just move to the netherlands

and not only because weed is legal...
I'd love to take you up on this offer.

If you honestly think the PRESIDENT is to blame, then you obviously don't understand the problems with a 95-7 in favor vote. You don't need a new President. In fact, I think Obama is possibly the best thing to happen to your godforsaken country in 50 years. You need a new GOVERNMENT.
Although we aren't in as big a shit pit as we were with Dubyah in charge, Obama has let the country down on over 75% of his promises he made when he was elected into office. True the government needs a re-structuring but Obama hasn't been keeping up on his end of the deal either.
This country has a million different problems and nobody seems too keen on cleaning up the mess.

Actually, I believe Obama plans to veto it.
Only issue... vetoes can be repealed. If they just vote for it again, he can't do shit against it.

If you honestly think the PRESIDENT is to blame, then you obviously don't understand the problems with a 95-7 in favor vote. You don't need a new President. In fact, I think Obama is possibly the best thing to happen to your godforsaken country in 50 years. You need a new GOVERNMENT.
:thumbsup:

Back