Xbox One

Sadly, I think I'm actually going to buy an Xbox One...

But only because it has an exclusive title that I'm really looking forward to.

(I think they over-did the whole opening gameplay part though, to the point where it seemed to be a ripoff of 'Saving Private Ryan' storming the beach scene...)

Microsoft caved in. Now I might actually buy a One. But I'm sure there's a catch.
When watching the things that they were making with the new Xbox, I never got the feeling that they were making huge leaps in graphics etc. Now it just seems like they're making a pretty Xbox360 exclusively for douchebags. I'll stick with PS4.

Edit: quoted wrong post, fixed

The catch is, they still want $500 for it.
not the mention the "all spying kinect", the near impossibility for indie devs to publish their games without going to a big company, and the unknown capability of the hardware and or software. minus all dat, it's all good!

not the mention the "all spying kinect", the near impossibility for indie devs to publish their games without going to a big company, and the unknown capability of the hardware and or software. minus all dat, it's all good!

How much do we need? I'm sure only half of the PS3s 8GB is going to be used. I use 4 tops on BF3 and that's while running windows.

Sadly, they're not doing this because they care, they're doing it because they were vastly losing pre-order sales to PS4.

They only listened when their competition started kicking their ass.

Has there been any data release to back this up? I've been keeping an eye for some and haven't seen any. I know that during E3 PS4 pre-orders were going 3:2 to the Xbone, but that didn't seem like much of a gap between the two companies.

MS bowed to pressure from consumers, which makes me happy. I'm glad to know that in some ways, we still have the ability to make change in companies with our wallets and words. There are still some factors of the Xbone I don't like such as the always connected, always on (most of the time) Kinect, and MS policy not allowing indie devs to self-publish. I may buy a Xbone, but it won't be right away, I'll save my money and see how it and the PS4 perform for consumers when launched.

Relevant:
Angry-Joe-Show.jpg

Maybe they'd want to pay $100 more to watch TV?

But I think consoles shouldn't undercut each other in prices and result in lower quality products.
Here's the thing with consoles though.
You need the hardware to run the games. That's just about it. 16GB of ram isn't going to run a game much better than 8, you know?
The way I see it, you're paying $100 extra for your preference in Xbox exclusives.

Back