XenForo Upgrade

Just a few things I've stumbled upon pretty quickly.

Clicking on a profile picture causes some of the information to get cut off.
Clipboard01.jpg

While I absolutely love the fact that pictures are full size again AND that signatures are finally back, some signatures are now a little distracting on some pages. I had to remove the image from my own signature to make it look more civilized.

Clipboard02.jpg

And my final finding is that comments in blogs no longer allow gaps between paragraphs (for lack of better terminology).
Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Hot damn things look sexy again. And woo full images.

Can't find anything other then what st theo and Thee posted. Also I'm curious does updating Xenforo or has anything been put in place to combat the spam?

Love the green dot next to are pics, Now we know who's on. And I totally forgot my epic little banner. Like the new tweaks Sonic :thumbsup:

Huh,
I still see them.

Yeah, I kinda like the signatures, a lot.
If... there's a limit on them.
It allows me to be dumb and have everyone see it whenever I want.

Nothing more fun than a signature which takes up a whole montier space.

The only real problem I see is that the gray on gray of the quote box, it makes it a little hard to read. The gradient for the red and white, and gray to darker gray feel a little unnecessary, as well as making it a bit hard to read names and text within them. Beyond that, I think things look very nice.

Huh,
I still see them.

Yeah, I kinda like the signatures, a lot.
If... there's a limit on them.
It allows me to be dumb and have everyone see it whenever I want.

Nothing more fun than a signature which takes up a whole montier space.
Huh, must be because I'm on my phone right now. If they're still there, then that's great. But on my phone they don't show up.

Huh, must be because I'm on my phone right now. If they're still there, then that's great. But on my phone they don't show up.

Very possible.

And it might be a good sign, since I'd imagine signatures are actually horrible on phones due to size, images taking bandwidth, ect, ect.
Also if wootykins is making that a conscious choice, it'd mean good signs for signatures sticking around.
But it's probably not that situation I just explained but whatever.

Eitherway, I like em siggys.
They're neat.

I preferred the simpler, more utilitarian look we had before, especially when going into a thread and having half my screen (or more) be someone's forum signature. And I agree, those pink gradients just don't fit, even considering the other changes. But if the upgrade reduces the spam, hallelujah.

Just a few things I've stumbled upon pretty quickly.

Clicking on a profile picture causes some of the information to get cut off.
View attachment 144573

While I absolutely love the fact that pictures are full size again AND that signatures are finally back, some signatures are now a little distracting on some pages. I had to remove the image from my own signature to make it look more civilized.

View attachment 144574

And my final finding is that comments in blogs no longer allow gaps between paragraphs (for lack of better terminology).
View attachment 144575
View attachment 144576
today I learned my signature looks like arse, I might actually have to put work into it again :p ( it probably never helped that I always had signatures off)

and fixed :p

also I like the nice ui changes, it isn't that noticeable but still really nice non the less

Last edited:
The gradients make things harder to read. I wouldn't mind them going back to the solid red they were before. The post editing tools both for standard and under More Options are gone, but the commands still work.

I love this updated XenForo. But the white-red gradient is a bit much. The site feels fresher, and to me, that's pretty important.

Well now...this is pretty... The gradients make for difficult reading. I like that we have our forum titles back, but if they're here to stay, then we need to update them. And maybe a better delineation between what are/are not signatures? The dashes just don't cut it. Otherwise, I'm liking the newer look.

Back