• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Woodkeep planning

Where should Woodkeep be located

• Snow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Desert

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Island/beach

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Forest

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We want people to be able to come in without being able to open doors and such. Therefore, we can't have a gate. A gateway, yes, but but a close gate.

And a stone wall will be hideous. Remember... we don't want to be a noob town again.

Currently the location Ustulo and I have located is at 687,-3681.
may not be final, still waiting on Ustulo to arrive and look it over

my idea for a wall
2011-12-03_09.56.37.png
2011-12-03_09.56.50.png
2011-12-03_09.57.05.png

Currently the location Ustulo and I have located is at 687,-3681.
may not be final, still waiting on Ustulo to arrive and look it over
The land is nice, but I think we can do better. When I'm less pissed off, I'll be searching the area for a better place.

:facepalm:
You can use a button.
No facepalm is necessary for my post because if you read a bit earlier, Zach stated that he wanted to use pressure plates.
I have an idea for the wall pyro, make it about 10 high out of stone brick, and a tower at each corner, the gate can be an alwase open draw bridge, and iron bars with pistons and pressure plates after that, the city can have a 4 wide 3 deep trench around it, and in the wall every 7 blocks can be a snow golem post, to keep mobs back from the waLl, If u wana use this can I lead the design?
May I also ask if I am going to be head of woodkeep guard?

Wow I haven't seen pyro in forever and I didn't know thee was part of woodkeep now. idk if I'm even still part of woodkeep anymore since I haven't really been playing survival in a while. Recently I've been on it though.

Hey, Pyrofire or Ustulo, should we have snow golems to protect the wall like Zach suggested? Or no snow golems.

Ustulo told me ingame that after we settle in and find a place, our 2nd priority is to find pumpkins, I asked him why.
He responded, to make snow golems, and for farms

Ustulo told me ingame that after we settle in and find a place, our 2nd priority is to find pumpkins, I asked him why.
He responded, to make snow golems, and for farms
Thee, me and my brother have started a 10 by 10 mine from surface to bedrock and we finally hit it, so we have started mineshafts at the bedrock, we Plan to cover it with dirt so people stop finding it, we have found many diamonds, iron, and evn some obsidian, after woodkeep is finished I will use the mine to fund woodkeeps expanding.
Sound good?

What are the coords of this mineshaft? It sounds profitable but it may be rather far from where Woodkeep may be settling; although that itself is currently unknown. I'm letting Ustulo decide if the location we found is good enough to settle in as I have found a zombie spawner nearby our shack and its quite close to the surface. Easy exp grinder.

We will see what happens.
Travel to and from might become difficult

Regarding snow golems, one of my plans all along was to have them in little "SnowGuard" Stations around the lands nearby WoodKeep, to make monsters try to attack them (best for zombies), or to be decoys that creepers will attack instead of an innocent player. Also, snow can easily be farmed with them, either for the purpose of a very easy to get weapon, or for building a quick thing like a tent.

Plus, you need pumpkins for the coolest light source ever, the pumpkin.

And the gate... it's tiny. We should have a BIG wall.

What are the coords of this mineshaft? It sounds profitable but it may be rather far from where Woodkeep may be settling; although that itself is currently unknown. I'm letting Ustulo decide if the location we found is good enough to settle in as I have found a zombie spawner nearby our shack and its quite close to the surface. Easy exp grinder.

We will see what happens.
Travel to and from might become difficult
The mineshaft is right outside spawn, walk out te doors and go straight, its near a wooden building, cant miss it, but yeah it's far from where woodkeep is going to be, but if the world hub makes a track to spawn and to woodkeep it will be easy to get to,

Back