• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Woodkeep planning

Where should Woodkeep be located

• Snow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Desert

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Island/beach

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Forest

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thee_pro has accepted his nomination and is now the Head Guard of WoodKeep.
Shouldn't we have a vote? I think u should make a separate thread with a poll, me or him, I think it's only fair, so other people can vote, please ustulo?

Shouldn't we have a vote? I think u should make a separate thread with a poll, me or him, I think it's only fair, so other people can vote, please ustulo?
New thread would never be needed, and thee_pro is one of the very most trusted and well-liked people on the entire server.

Now that the taiga biome has been reimplemented, a Nordic town will be even easier than before. Also, we will be a farming town, and will supply the Federation with wood. Also, since apples now drop occasionally from trees, we could be exporting those as well.

As for hotels, I'd say not. All "hotels" turn into one giant fugly block. We could, however, design a very nice inn, although we shouldn't need too, because we won't be letting in noobs anymore, riiiiight?

I have been emphasizing this for awhile now. Is Woodkeep going to be a Nordic kind of place? If so, I would rather have no piston gates and all redstone contraptions should be underground. Also, we want this place nice AND efficient because nobody wants to live in a town that is either ugly or does not get anything done. Also, it was not a hotel, it was an inn. :p
:thumbsup:

Also, I think that we should transform the unclaimed land in the rolling fields besides WoodKeep into massive farms with windmills.

I do not believe my house design would fit in with a Nordic design theme, would I have to build near the town rather than in it at this rate?

Since pyro is mayor I think he should decide
I do agree with Zach on this one, even though I'd be honored to be the Head Guard, it seems selfish to take it from someone who has had prior relations with Woodkeep without the overall consensus of the town residents and higherups. But if it does come down to me getting it, Zach just know you will have an entirely clean slate in my eyes, I would not judge you by past behaviors. If you were to be one of my guardsmen, follow rules and any instructions given and you'll do fine. But dont disobey orders and do something of your own that you may believe is benefitting the town without asking first.

I do agree with Zach on this one, even though I'd be honored to be the Head Guard, it seems selfish to take it from someone who has had prior relations with Woodkeep without the overall consensus of the town residents and higherups. But if it does come down to me getting it, Zach just know you will have an entirely clean slate in my eyes, I would not judge you by past behaviors. If you were to be one of my guardsmen, follow rules and any instructions given and you'll do fine. But dont disobey orders and do something of your own that you may believe is benefitting the town without asking first.
I think we can both be co-head guards, can we both agree to co-head guard? I think it would be better having 2, incase one is offline, what do u say thee?

I think we can both be co-head guards, can we both agree to co-head guard? I think it would be better having 2, incase one is offline, what do u say thee?
I've never heard of co-head guards before, and probably for good reasons as I can only guess that an argument over something guard related between the 2 in charge would just make the guard look bad. But one of us could become 2nd in command incase the head guard is away, that person would only have final say if and when head guard is away. But it isn't our call now, its up to Pyro and Ustulo to make the decision, along with anyone else who wants to throw their vote into the pot.

I've never heard of co-head guards before, and probably for good reasons as I can only guess that an argument over something guard related between the 2 in charge would just make the guard look bad. But one of us could become 2nd in command incase the head guard is away, that person would only have final say if and when head guard is away. But it isn't our call now, its up to Pyro and Ustulo to make the decision, along with anyone else who wants to throw their vote into the pot.
Ok, I thought it would be good so we can have 2 of us decide over something incase one of us judges wrong, but 2nd in command sounds fine

Ok, I thought it would be good so we can have 2 of us decide over something incase one of us judges wrong, but 2nd in command sounds fine
I'm not saying only the head guard would have any say. Basically, if a lower ranking officer comes up with an "improvement" they believe would benefit the guard or the town then they will tell the Head Guard, the Head Guard will then be tasked with figuring out if it will actually be beneficial. He will make any adjustments to the idea that he personally believes needs to be changed and will run the idea back through the guard team in its revised state.
Every guard will have a say in what happens within the guard system, but the Head Guard will be the only guard position allowed to actually finalize the action and put it in motion.

Head Guard would still need to consult with the higherups as well for every decision that affects the entire populace of the town rather than just areas involving the guard as the Head Guard still needs to follow the set codes and regulations for the town.

Basically even if one of us becomes 2nd in command in the guard, we will still have just as much say in what happens, we just wouldn't be able to finalize it without the Head Guard's stamp of approval, unless he is away.

Back