The LGBT Thread

63396_4670214750181_1548152407_n.jpg

So, I dunno if this has already been stated or what, and i'm not completely sure it's the same for each country, but here are my thoughts as far as gay marriage. I'm even going so far as to write it, show it to higher level educational administrators, such as my principal and such. maybe even send it to state senator:

Why do we have gay marriage as an illegal thing? In this country, the United States of America, we were founded on the basis of freedom for all. Sure, it took some time and hardships for those freedoms to be extended the way they should've been in the first place, but why hasn't gay marriage? I know your answer before you even say it. "It's against the bible blah blah blah". Bullshit. Our nation is Led on the separation of church and state. So, that means that anything in the bible cannot be used to ban or disallow any action, correct? The Bible doesn't even truly mention gay marriage as a whole. How can you, the people and power that lead a nation, sit back and say that Gay marriage is not allowed, yet support the separation of church and state?

The church cannot influence the law
I wish someone would remind people here of that. A restaurant can be fined and their liquor license revoked if any beer, wine, or hard liquor is poured in view of an underage patron because, apparently, seeing the bottle will immediately turn the kid into an alcoholic. Other offenses by the local theocracy include, but are not limited to, cheers and applause when a high school junior proposes to his girlfriend on a church-owned plaza followed by the usual affectionate behavior (with tongue, according to some spectators) but pepper spray and charges of disturbing the peace for a man who gave his boyfriend a peck on the cheek. He sued the city and lost.

I wish someone would remind people here of that. A restaurant can be fined and their liquor license revoked if any beer, wine, or hard liquor is poured in view of an underage patron because, apparently, seeing the bottle will immediately turn the kid into an alcoholic. Other offenses by the local theocracy include, but are not limited to, cheers and applause when a high school junior proposes to his girlfriend on a church-owned plaza followed by the usual affectionate behavior (with tongue, according to some spectators) but pepper spray and charges of disturbing the peace for a man who gave his boyfriend a peck on the cheek. He sued the city and lost.

Wow thats harsh. If you dont mind my asking, where do you live?

Holy Bullshit Batman!

I'm happy to say I've successfully seen the revoking of religion-based laws and bylaws in my city several times during my lifetime.

If you dont mind my asking, where do you live?
Under my desk, away from all the batshit crazy people around here. There's a reason I try to only go out late at night for grocery shopping or whatever. It's safer. Muggers, meth heads, and rapist creeps I can deal with pretty easily; their activities tend to justify the use of lethal or near-lethal force. Bible thumpers who've only read the bits that tell people what NOT to do (and generally misinterpreted every one of 'em)? Fuck no. Can't run away from all of 'em, but can't just kick their asses either. Best to just avoid them altogether whenever possible.

Well said. The church cannot influence the law - else the church becomes illegal in and of itself.

This is the exact argument I've been having with numerous people for years. Sadly I always end up upset and just shaking my head because I tend to find that what always happens is the person/people I'm talking with just either 1) make excuses, or 2) Pussyfoot around the question and never give a straight answer... It's quite annoying. Then again if you look around at numerous places you'll find that the "separation" isn't so separated as "they" (the govm't) would have you believe.

This is the exact argument I've been having with numerous people for years. Sadly I always end up upset and just shaking my head because I tend to find that what always happens is the person/people I'm talking with just either 1) make excuses, or 2) Pussyfoot around the question and never give a straight answer... It's quite annoying. Then again if you look around at numerous places you'll find that the "separation" isn't so separated as "they" (the govm't) would have you believe.
If you don't like it, do something about it. Bring it to the attention of people around you. Make a list of said actions and laws, and use it as an example of how your government is failing the founding fathers.

If you don't like it, do something about it. Bring it to the attention of people around you. Make a list of said actions and laws, and use it as an example of how your government is failing the founding fathers.

That's actually some of the tactics I employ :-D

Back