• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Community Minecraft Project

Server ip: -snip-
[...]
Our server has been live for a few months.

Let's not forget it had a former life quite some time ago, maybe in the beta 1.8-1.9 or 1.0 time range? At both times it's had lots of members of the T9K community on it. It was where I went whenever the T9K server was down.

Suffice it to say that I do not believe mrn2itiv's server (phyzion) should be tracked, as not only has he not posted anything on t9k since january, he couldn't even post here himself, instead had one of his players do it. I do not feel he has been a contributing member of this community for many months, and as such his server (which went public around the time of his last post) should not be tracked as a community server unless he can show dedication to t9k.

I remember he had a town in the 1.0 world, and again in the 1.3 world I think, although I don't know about the most recent world. Does being a somewhat well-known member of the server count at all towards being part of the "community"? Admittedly I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is "no" and hence I'm not really a member of it either. Due to circumstances outside of my control, the amount of time I have available to do anything that could be classified as fun fluctuates a lot, which would probably affect people's view of how "dedicated" I am to the "community", so I'm not very inclined to make those sorts of judgements about others.

I think that whether or not the admin is a "member of the community", if (a) a reasonable number of the players are, and (b) the admin is willing to comply with the rules set out in this thread, then those would be the most important criteria to me.

Let's not forget it had a former life quite some time ago, maybe in the beta 1.8-1.9 or 1.0 time range? At both times it's had lots of members of the T9K community on it. It was where I went whenever the T9K server was down.

I remember he had a town in the 1.0 world, and again in the 1.3 world I think, although I don't know about the most recent world. Does being a somewhat well-known member of the server count at all towards being part of the "community"? Admittedly I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is "no" and hence I'm not really a member of it either. Due to circumstances outside of my control, the amount of time I have available to do anything that could be classified as fun fluctuates a lot, which would probably affect people's view of how "dedicated" I am to the "community", so I'm not very inclined to make those sorts of judgements about others.

I think that whether or not the admin is a "member of the community", if (a) a reasonable number of the players are, and (b) the admin is willing to comply with the rules set out in this thread, then those would be the most important criteria to me.
I'd be willing to look at a simple post count. The fact that he's been pretty much completely inactive for six months and suddenly is interested when there's a chance t9k will promote his server seems particularly suspect to me. If his intentions are to be a member of this community again, I will stand down. However, from where I'm standing, it looks like he sees this as nothing more than a way to increase his playerbase. And again, he still hasn't shown up here, merely sent a player.

Shadicx texted me about this and after Gurw's first post I didn't feel very compelled to dignify it with response. Seeing as it is continuing, I might as well nip this in the bud. After all, when only one person is talking, who will people listen to?

Shadicx posted this here because it was his idea and it's his prerogative as pretty much the head admin on the server. He asked me if I cared if he did it, and my response was something to the effect of "It's up to you. I don't give a..." And that was a true statement. I didn't, and I don't. This has nothing to do with T9k in particular. I am not an active mc player anymore. Haven't been for quite some time. Why do I maintain a server? Well, there are a couple of convoluted reasons. I have made friends who still enjoy it. They like the server, how it performs, how its set up, and the level of control they have to keep things in order. Plus, I have the resources to do so at pretty much no cost to myself, other than what very little time it takes to maintain the server. I have written scripts and management interfaces for the >100 servers my company maintains, so having one more penny-ante daemon in the mix is really no big deal. Call it spitting in the ocean. The backups manage themselves, the server reboots and manages its own memory and cpu utilization, my SIEM monitors the logs for errors and other issues allowing me to respond with a ssh command at a glimpse, so it's pretty much a well-oiled machine. That leads into the third fact, which is I DO IT WELL. So, if you're good at something, people like and use it, and it costs you pretty much nothing, why wouldn't you do it?

As for inactivity, I know I have been. Gaming isn't exactly a priority in my life. But, even back when I did enjoy playing more and spent plenty of time on T9k playing, I posted very little. Unlike some people :rolleyes: I'm not a loudmouth who feels the need to comment on everything. It's my nature - I do what I do and say little about it.

But now that you've brought the cat out of the bag, I will talk a little bit. I'm pissed about the fact that I'm even here writing this. I have other things to be doing, but I'm not going to let Gurw's poison spread uninhibitedly.

The fact of the matter is, Gurw is just acting on an old grudge. You see, he was part of Phyzion at one time - when T9k survival first went offline and supposedly wasn't coming back. The server was started to be a lot like t9k was in the 1.8 days. Part of that was that I wanted even the mods to have as close to a 'player experience' as possible. As such, commands such as /give and entering creative mode were restricted, even for the admins. Gurw wanted to be a 'partner' in this endeavor, and I'll admit up-front I was VERY uncomfortable about it. I didn't trust him. I even told him I didn't. Honesty has never been a problem for me. Anyway, he pushed and pushed for enabling a remote administration tool. With this tool, he had rcon capability (the ability to issue direct server commands as though he was sitting ON the server console). It made me really uncomfortable, but I acquiesced. Well, it turns out my concerns were valid. You see, our friend Mr. Gurw, when other admins weren't on, was using the rcon to give himself full op access. During which time, he did things like using worledit to clear out large areas of land underground of everything but the ores and diamonds. He even crashed the server and corrupted part of the world by doing this. Then there were the STACKS UPON STACKS of diamond block and emerald block he gave himself. On last calculation, the diamonds alone ended up being the equivalent of around 11,000 diamonds. Anyway, Mr. Gurw got ousted, and I guess his little feelings are still hurt. SMH

In closing, though, I don't care if it gets listed or not. Again, it isn't my bag. Ultimately I provide a quality service, free of charge, that people are welcome to use. If they don't want to, that's up to them. I'll tinker with it here and there, especially since 1.6 is out and it adds a few interesting things, but ultimately I'll go inactive again, only to pop in every now and then just to check on things. Ultimately, it's Shadicx's world. He gets to choose configurations, moderators, etc. I'm just the semi-silent owner who keeps the technical side smooth.

Shadicx texted me about this and after Gurw's first post I didn't feel very compelled to dignify it with response. Seeing as it is continuing, I might as well nip this in the bud. After all, when only one person is talking, who will people listen to?

Shadicx posted this here because it was his idea and it's his prerogative as pretty much the head admin on the server. He asked me if I cared if he did it, and my response was something to the effect of "It's up to you. I don't give a..." And that was a true statement. I didn't, and I don't. This has nothing to do with T9k in particular. I am not an active mc player anymore. Haven't been for quite some time. Why do I maintain a server? Well, there are a couple of convoluted reasons. I have made friends who still enjoy it. They like the server, how it performs, how its set up, and the level of control they have to keep things in order. Plus, I have the resources to do so at pretty much no cost to myself, other than what very little time it takes to maintain the server. I have written scripts and management interfaces for the >100 servers my company maintains, so having one more penny-ante daemon in the mix is really no big deal. Call it spitting in the ocean. The backups manage themselves, the server reboots and manages its own memory and cpu utilization, my SIEM monitors the logs for errors and other issues allowing me to respond with a ssh command at a glimpse, so it's pretty much a well-oiled machine. That leads into the third fact, which is I DO IT WELL. So, if you're good at something, people like and use it, and it costs you pretty much nothing, why wouldn't you do it?

As for inactivity, I know I have been. Gaming isn't exactly a priority in my life. But, even back when I did enjoy playing more and spent plenty of time on T9k playing, I posted very little. Unlike some people :rolleyes: I'm not a loudmouth who feels the need to comment on everything. It's my nature - I do what I do and say little about it.

But now that you've brought the cat out of the bag, I will talk a little bit. I'm pissed about the fact that I'm even here writing this. I have other things to be doing, but I'm not going to let Gurw's poison spread uninhibitedly.

The fact of the matter is, Gurw is just acting on an old grudge. You see, he was part of Phyzion at one time - when T9k survival first went offline and supposedly wasn't coming back. The server was started to be a lot like t9k was in the 1.8 days. Part of that was that I wanted even the mods to have as close to a 'player experience' as possible. As such, commands such as /give and entering creative mode were restricted, even for the admins. Gurw wanted to be a 'partner' in this endeavor, and I'll admit up-front I was VERY uncomfortable about it. I didn't trust him. I even told him I didn't. Honesty has never been a problem for me. Anyway, he pushed and pushed for enabling a remote administration tool. With this tool, he had rcon capability (the ability to issue direct server commands as though he was sitting ON the server console). It made me really uncomfortable, but I acquiesced. Well, it turns out my concerns were valid. You see, our friend Mr. Gurw, when other admins weren't on, was using the rcon to give himself full op access. During which time, he did things like using worledit to clear out large areas of land underground of everything but the ores and diamonds. He even crashed the server and corrupted part of the world by doing this. Then there were the STACKS UPON STACKS of diamond block and emerald block he gave himself. On last calculation, the diamonds alone ended up being the equivalent of around 11,000 diamonds. Anyway, Mr. Gurw got ousted, and I guess his little feelings are still hurt. SMH

In closing, though, I don't care if it gets listed or not. Again, it isn't my bag. Ultimately I provide a quality service, free of charge, that people are welcome to use. If they don't want to, that's up to them. I'll tinker with it here and there, especially since 1.6 is out and it adds a few interesting things, but ultimately I'll go inactive again, only to pop in every now and then just to check on things. Ultimately, it's Shadicx's world. He gets to choose configurations, moderators, etc. I'm just the semi-silent owner who keeps the technical side smooth.
I specifically left my personal grudge against you out of my posts. I'm not so unprofessional as to air dirty laundry, unlike some people :rolleyes: . My stance against Phyzion being promoted here has nothing to do with our personal or quasi-professional past. My intent was to point out the lack of community participation you have shown in the last months. Since your own stance on the issue is that you don't give a ..., then by your own indifference, I rest my case and stand down. Even so far as Shadicx's participation here, unless I'm mistaken, it has been nearly as absent as your own. I'll say it again, it's my belief that tracked and promoted servers should be run by (addendum: and preferably staffed by) active community members. If either you, or Shadicx, decided to return and, even if not active forum-wise, hopped on Mumble or TF2 or anything else the majority of us do; I would completely stand down. There is no grudge so strong that I would block a member of this community. I may not like you, and you may not like me, but had you or Shadicx been a little more present in the last six months, I wouldn't have said a thing.

Regardless of your posts or mine, the decision lies with Woot. If you want to continue to slander me personally, know that I neither care, nor accept your claims. Also, it seems rather childish. Come on, we're both adults.

The term slander doesn't apply, as what I stated is pure fact. Logs don't lie. If you think I'm just wanting to damage your reputation, that's just silly. If that was my intent, I would have gone on a tirade about your behavior back when it happened. I did not. Believe it or not Gurw, you were never even banned from the server. I am, however, pointing out that your opinion on this matter might be a bit biased, much like the cows who advertise to 'Eat Mor Chikin'.

Regardless, as I said I'm not a conversationalist, and I don't play other games. Unless this place becomes a think tank for infosec, enterprise virtualization or other advanced Infosys topics, expecting me to be "more active" on T9k just isn't going to happen. But, that's irrelevant to an extent. There are a lot of people at T9k I really like and respect. Most are honest, hard working players and I think the environment we've tried to create is one many of them would like. The system is fast, stable, and well-maintained.

Overall point: if Shadicx wants to go down this route, I support his effort. If he doesn't, that's fine too. I have absolutely nothing to gain from this. The only people with something to gain are players who want quality - ie T9k as a whole.

For the time being we are withdrawing our application until we can gather further information. I will be sending woot a private message containing some of our concerns and questions. We would like to thank everybody for the input they have provided us with and look forward to seeing more.

Thanks again,
Shadicx

I'd be willing to look at a simple post count. The fact that he's been pretty much completely inactive for six months and suddenly is interested when there's a chance t9k will promote his server seems particularly suspect to me. If his intentions are to be a member of this community again, I will stand down. However, from where I'm standing, it looks like he sees this as nothing more than a way to increase his playerbase. And again, he still hasn't shown up here, merely sent a player.

That's being kind of bitter and jumping too conclusions when no facts have been presented.
Someone could turn to you as well and assume that you don't wish for his server to be listed because you don't want to lose your players to his. See what I mean? :p

On another note...
What are the requirements for this?
There is not many Team9000 active member that have the ability to upkeep a server. Do we hide among-st ourselves? Or do we expand out over the world giving it all a taste of Team9000 by listing any trusted server that our members can vouch for?
I too have not been active on here at all, but I am still a trusted member of Team9000! <3

That's being kind of bitter and jumping too conclusions when no facts have been presented.
Someone could turn to you as well and assume that you don't wish for his server to be listed because you don't want to lose your players to his. See what I mean? :p

On another note...
What are the requirements for this?
There is not many Team9000 active member that have the ability to upkeep a server. Do we hide among-st ourselves? Or do we expand out over the world giving it all a taste of Team9000 by listing any trusted server that our members can vouch for?
I too have not been active on here at all, but I am still a trusted member of Team9000! <3
I actually like the Phyzion server itself. It is a well-run, fast server, and you'll never hear me say that mrn2itiv is lacking knowledge when it comes to the IT department, nor will I speak against Shadicx's abilities as an admin and website developer; they are both experts in their fields, just as I'm sure they wouldn't question my abilities as an electrician, which is my field. The only issue I have is that they have both been noticeably absent for a very long time, and suddenly popped up when this opportunity presented itself. If they (or as has been said, even just Shadicx) is willing to return to t9k, and follow the guidelines set out by woot for their website, my issues will be dealt with and I will happily encourage both their promotion and the increase in their playerbase.

Thank you Gurw. We have decided to withdraw our application for the time being due to the website requirements. In the future, we may try to list again. I regularly check in on the forums but rarely post :/. I'm going to work on that though. Look forward to seeing you all around the minecraft community.

Happy mining,
Shadicx

Thank you Gurw. We have decided to withdraw our application for the time being due to the website requirements. In the future, we may try to list again. I regularly check in on the forums but rarely post :/. I'm going to work on that though. Look forward to seeing you all around the minecraft community.

Happy mining,
Shadicx
As such, I hereby withdraw all of my previous objections. Looking forward to playing with you again.

Ohai :D

I would like to see if i could get my Hexxit server tracked.

I have no thread for it. *EDIT* I made a thread for it here.

There is no white list.

There is no password.

It allows status queries.

To run it you will need to use the Tekkit launcher (Hexxit pack)

Domain is csimiami14.no-ip.org

Also the server is non PvP (just thought i would add that :p)

Is there no thread for this anywhere? How does anyone know about it?
I actually just started this server today lol. So instead of making a thread I thought I would put it here instead.

*EDIT* I made a thread for it (see my above post)

This is very sad... but change i guess is inevitable so rather then be depressed I shall adapt and move on. Could someone post where to download the old server map i cant seem to find it and would like to continue working on the town i spent literally hours and hours clearing and building. Thanks alot Team9000 for everything was a blast while it lasted :D

Ah, first time I've seen this. Should have checked through the forums more :confused: . Its a shame its going, it was the first server i logged into when i purchased Minecraft, but its for the best i see, since the server has been unusable for a long time :( i look forward to meeting old friends on another server sometime, it would be great to see you all again!

Back