palutena.png

Mii Fighters
mii.png

And this is pretty cool
gold1.png

gold2.png

Okay. A few things.

1. HOLY SHIT SHE LOOKS FUN TO PLAY.
2. God damn. We need more animated Smash Bros. That's fucking cool.
3. Miis were obvious from the start.

Palutena was pretty obvious imo.
Gematsu leak is pretty much confirmed at this point.
Expect Pac-Man, Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men getting revealed soon. Lucas is gone (As if the poor kid hasn't suffered enough...)
...Sakurai, where the fuck is my playable Ridley announcement?
sakurai plz ;_;

4. I'm still not believing Gematsu. That leak came after the Palutena screenshot leak, so a guess would have been easy, same with Miis. While the Wii Fit trainer is still one that boggled peoples' minds, honestly, I don't think it was that much of a stretch, considering they included ROB in the last game. That might not make much sense, but they were trying to have a character to represent an attachment to a console. Wii Fit Trainer fits that bill due to the Wii Balance board. So, I'm still not going to believe it.
5. Dark Pit. We have another boss character, or Pit's special reskin.

Sakurai. Made. Freaking. Pac-Man. WORK.
Gets some of my hype back after that horrible bullshit invitational, HBox totally deserved the win.
Pacman's 'Waka Waka', as I'm going to call it, has me interested, though. Do you think it's a running attack, a special, or his running animation? I know he has attacks that utilize the form, but still.

Also, super pleased with the direction they took him. I was afraid he would have been done so much worse.

Pacman's 'Waka Waka', as I'm going to call it, has me interested, though. Do you think it's a running attack, a special, or his running animation? I know he has attacks that utilize the form, but still.

Also, super pleased with the direction they took him. I was afraid he would have been done so much worse.

Likely his dash attack. His special attacks seem to be retro Namco summons.

I'm beginning to try and speculate what some of the character's 'alternate skins' will be. Dark Pit appearing in the Palutena trailer is making me believe that he's Pit's alternate, rather than a stage boss like I thought previously. I can see it happening fairly easily, change the voice lines, different effects, and poof. Special skin for Pit. I feel like the development team might be taking a lot more from Project M than most people originally thought, and that every character would have a special version.

I'm beginning to try and speculate what some of the character's 'alternate skins' will be. Dark Pit appearing in the Palutena trailer is making me believe that he's Pit's alternate, rather than a stage boss like I thought previously. I can see it happening fairly easily, change the voice lines, different effects, and poof. Special skin for Pit. I feel like the development team might be taking a lot more from Project M than most people originally thought, and that every character would have a special version.

Except Dark Pit isn't one of his skins in the demo. I'd say he is the boss of Palutena's Temple.
Oh, and there was a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, which pretty much confirms Chorus Kids. Gematsu leak is undoubtedly confirmed at this point. Damn, I never wanted that shit to be true...
Oh, and the Character Select Screens show that the roster is either 47 or 51 characters. With Brawl veterans except Lucas, Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle + Gematsu + Rosalina, we reach 47 characters. Damn.

So I am pretty satisfied with the E3 coverage of Smash 4. I'm salty because no wavedashing/L-cancelling but it's not my game. I still really want a Wii-U port of Melee so we can never have to worry about hardware troubles ever again, but after 10 years what's a little patience?

As for the invitational, I was happy to see the players and commentators handle the event the way they did. Sure, Zero pulled some lame shit at the end to push it into sudden death, but I mean, it was basically his only option. If the tournament was using a normal ruleset Hungrybox would have been the winner. I hear that Sakurai and some Nintendo executives like Reggie got to hear from the competitive players about what they wanted from Smash 4, so that's probably a good thing.

Also, you can check out some videos of matches from the Best Buy event here: https://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp

Last video sort of related

tumblr_n73zyh4uVY1rw70wfo1_r1_500.png

Can't even be mad

Sauce

Roster finished years ago.
Sakurai, when recently asked about Mewtwo, said he was "thinking about it".
Extreme Mewtwo trolling in the Greninja trailer.
With all this teasing, I'd say Mewtwo is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Since Ridley is absolutely playable in my opinion (The same teasing happened with Palutena, and she's confirmed now), I seem to have found my two mains for Sm4sh.
Still waiting for King K. Rool and Bandana Dee though...

Back