Are you the only person on Team9000 who...?

I can hear the static of an active television clear into another room, and no, I don't mean the static fuzz of a disabled channel. I'm talking about the static electricity that buzzes on a television screen while its on. The screen could be black and appear off, but I can tell when it's on or not..
I can do this as well. I heard a buzz once, went downstairs, found the TV was still on. Happened serveral times since. I also can hear the buzz my CRT monitor's power indicator light makes when in sleep mode. I have to turn the monitor fully off when I go to bed, or else the sound the light makes when it blinks will keep me awake

Until I was like...16 or so, I had the habit of walking only on my toes while barefoot...like how a Covenant Elite from Halo walks (only example I could think of). That's how I walked all the time.
I used to do this too and that is the exact same analogy my little brother came up with! Elite walking! Best way to describe it. I don't think I have done it unconsciously for quite a while though. Instinctively, yes - though I noticed when I did.

She means the sound of the diode/bulb being powered on and off, likely the relay/switch clicking as well. It's merely a sensitivity to higher frequency sounds as opposed to wires in the brain being crossed. I have the same issue - if there is a tv or speaker in the house that's on, I'll know and become focused on it. If I'm around it for too long, I'll develop a headache. It's actually bad enough that I can tell when a cable is live (power running through it) if it's over 600V and is actively drawing power.

Until I was like...16 or so, I had the habit of walking only on my toes while barefoot...like how a Covenant Elite from Halo walks (only example I could think of). That's how I walked all the time.
When I was about 15 me and my family had to move into an apartment complex. We were on the third floor, so we actually had to Elite Walk (or just tread lightly) every single day for about a year. Then when we moved into our new house I couldn't stop walking the Elite Walk until a month later cause I was so used to it.

I have a tendency to walk so quietly, that I can sneak up on people who supposedly have great hearing. Having lived with me for so long, they start to glance around themselves at random intervals to make sure I'm not around. I usually scare the shit out of people, and they yell at me for it.
The opposite is true for hardwood floors. Having chronic flat feet from a dual case of congenital talipes equinovarus, I can't walk silently on hardwood/vinyl floors. When I walk on said floors, any form of pressure forces all air out from beneath my feet. This is normal, but with the way my feet are shaped, it makes a seal to the floor that, when broken, makes a suction cup release sound. If the floor is a kind of glued down vinyl, like we have, I can force my feet to make a seal, and pull the vinyl off it's foundation. It sounds like a wet flipper when my feet hit the floor, and a suction cup when it comes off. Wat.

I can braid. but i never learned; some girl gave me three pieces of string, next thing i knew i was braiding/braided them. i guess it's subconcious or something. but i think it's cool

I have a tendency to walk so quietly, that I can sneak up on people who supposedly have great hearing. Having lived with me for so long, they start to glance around themselves at random intervals to make sure I'm not around. I usually scare the shit out of people, and they yell at me for it.
The opposite is true for hardwood floors. Having chronic flat feet from a dual case of congenital talipes equinovarus, I can't walk silently on hardwood/vinyl floors. When I walk on said floors, any form of pressure forces all air out from beneath my feet. This is normal, but with the way my feet are shaped, it makes a seal to the floor that, when broken, makes a suction cup release sound. If the floor is a kind of glued down vinyl, like we have, I can force my feet to make a seal, and pull the vinyl off it's foundation. It sounds like a wet flipper when my feet hit the floor, and a suction cup when it comes off. Wat.
It sounds like your vinyl flooring is not glued down properly. Properly installed vinyl will rip apart the wood underneath before separating. My knowledge of this is from my period as a floorlayer, specializing in camping trailers and rv's

My dreams :sleep:

I have a dream that repeats every year, it's actually really creepy but I got so used to it already. It started when I was really young maybe 5-7? When I was 13-15, whenever that dream repeats I just wanted to do what I had to do and be over with it already, but now I am just curious to what should be the ending since I always wake up before I can read what the note being said on the end. I already dreamed about it this year, so I am just hoping it repeats next year to just actually look at the details closely and hope I can remember it.

Most of my dreams are nightmares yet it has the dramatic structure of a real story. (Like it was from a film) It's not rare for that to happen almost all my dreams are like that. (but I never know the ending of my dreams.. (It always have the rising action and climax but never the falling action and resolution.))

If I ever wake up too early in a dream, that dream would continue a day later or at least a month. (I'm pretty sure this happens to most people.. )

Whenever I have a dream with people in it, (this happens most of the time) I watch them die in front of me and I can never do anything to help.

(This happens sometimes, but it happens... ) Whenever I get alone after everyone died, I get trapped somewhere and I have to finish a puzzle. It sometimes get too intense that I give up and realized that it was a dream and I try to wake up or just go with the flow and finish it.

(Fun Fact)
When I was young, my dreams were too emotional and real that I cry right after I wake up and scream since I thought I was still dreaming..

I always get shivers when I rub my hand on a piece of textile. I fucking hate it. I don't know why.

I also can't stand objects which are close to my eyes. Although I know nothing will happen I can't sleep next to corners etc. Especially when I have headache.

Stealth-walking is a great way to freak out some friends, I speak of this as someone who constantly does that ;)
I always get shivers when I rub my hand on a piece of textile. I fucking hate it. I don't know why.
This is me, but with corduroy and velvet. I can't STAND either of those types of fabric.

I only do that while wlaking up or down the stairs, since my feet got too big a few years ago and I started to trip far too often.

Everytime i get into a tv show or video game, i start to dress like the main characters untill i find a new tv show or video game... help

I hate the sound when you scratch a chalk board, but the tingling the goes through my skin because of the sound makes me love it

I'll probably type a lot so sorry in advance.

I can't sit still for long without moving atleast one part of my body. I can't sleep still either, I always have to move to a different sleep position. I have a fear of deep water, mostly in lakes and murky bodies of water, and I won't dare swim in the ocean. When I'm in public, I always feel like someone is looking at me and I start to feel uncomfortable. I hate small talk. If you're going to talk to me, lets have a full conversation otherwise don't bother talking to me. I'm introverted. I get annoyed when I feel like someone is wasting my time. My mind is always racing. It never slows down unless I listen to music. Doing so usually lets me clear my head and relax. I'm a deep thinker, a good listener, and I'm very open minded. I always had a fascination with the weird and unusual. Ever since I was like 3 or 4yrs old, I always dreamt of flying especially at night. One day, I hope to learn how to fly a plane and make my dream come true.

That's all for now.

I'll probably type a lot so sorry in advance.

I can't sit still for long without moving atleast one part of my body. I can't sleep still either, I always have to move to a different sleep position. I have a fear of deep water, mostly in lakes and murky bodies of water, and I won't dare swim in the ocean. When I'm in public, I always feel like someone is looking at me and I start to feel uncomfortable. I hate small talk. If you're going to talk to me, lets have a full conversation otherwise don't bother talking to me. I'm introverted. I get annoyed when I feel like someone is wasting my time. My mind is always racing. It never slows down unless I listen to music. Doing so usually lets me clear my head and relax. I'm a deep thinker, a good listener, and I'm very open minded. I always had a fascination with the weird and unusual. Ever since I was like 3 or 4yrs old, I always dreamt of flying especially at night. One day, I hope to learn how to fly a plane and make my dream come true.

That's all for now.

The part about not sitting/sleeping still applies to me. I can't sit in class without shaking my leg or something

Back