Civ 5

For those who play this game single-player often enough to care, I have a list of mods I use which I feel improve the game. These are just the ones I use that modify the game in some way and do not add wonders/civilizations (I have plenty of those)

ICBM Nuclear Missile
Buildings - Upgrade System
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes
Capture Great People
Resource - Mint Include Copper
Strategic Resource Buildings
Quick Turns
Less Warmonger Hate
City Limits
Wonder Race
Fortress Borders
Terrain - Terrace Farm Extension
War - Less Damaged Captured Cities
Culturally Linked Start Locations

For those who play this game single-player often enough to care, I have a list of mods I use which I feel improve the game. These are just the ones I use that modify the game in some way and do not add wonders/civilizations (I have plenty of those)

What is your impression of the Building Upgrade Mod?

ICBM Nuclear Missile
Buildings - Upgrade System
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes
Capture Great People
Resource - Mint Include Copper
Strategic Resource Buildings
Quick Turns
Less Warmonger Hate
City Limits
Wonder Race
Fortress Borders
Terrain - Terrace Farm Extension
War - Less Damaged Captured Cities
Culturally Linked Start Locations

This game is like crack to you, isn't it?

What is your impression of the Building Upgrade Mod?
Sorry, I responded to this before but apparently close the paged before posting.

The mod is good, I often find times where nothing I can build is anything I really need, so I can just upgrade one instead. It has an increase in maintenance so it does make it so you can't just build them unless you really need them so it's not OP or anything.

Personally of all of those I like Fortress Borders the most. Able to secure luxury and strategic resources in areas that would be a terrible position for a city.

While it is extremely useful, I feel like it just makes the game too easy. One of the most important parts of the game is knowing the risk and reward of where to build cities and the mod takes away the risk. Of course I also dislike the Culture bomb because you can steal land but meh, nothing I can do about it.

While it is extremely useful, I feel like it just makes the game too easy. One of the most important parts of the game is knowing the risk and reward of where to build cities and the mod takes away the risk. Of course I also dislike the Culture bomb because you can steal land but meh, nothing I can do about it.
Well, I do agree it would be nice if they made it so the AI would actually use the fortress borders the same as you, but the idea itself isn't something I dislike.

But the AI though just ignores the fact that forts have borders and thus, as usual, never build forts.

Shut up and take my money.....

You know the kicker is I've been playing this since Civ1 came out and all the subsequent versions. The game itself is still very much the same, but I keep coming back for more and more....

Guess this proves, sometimes you get it right the first time.

Shut up and take my money.....

You know the kicker is I've been playing this since Civ1 came out and all the subsequent versions. The game itself is still very much the same, but I keep coming back for more and more....

Guess this proves, sometimes you get it right the first time.
I still find myself playing Civ 4 more than any other version, and with that being the first Civ game I played I get a similar feeling.

Back