• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest 28: Origin Story

Wooty

Staff member
To enter this contest, you must explain how you found and joined Team9000. Then, choose a number between 1 and 150.

Numbers will be chosen at random, and the each lucky winner will receive a prize.

I joined T9K by just randomly clicking servers and finding the most players on it so I can see where the action was, once i joined, I was greeted by spamming noobs and huge one-block towers that I thought to be the awesome-ist build ever. Once I got acquainted with the whole server, I built a underground temple that "olleeollee" promoted me for. i spent most of my time as a builder with all of the awesomes, thechrishill,kelseyb,casham,guite, some others i do not remember :( those were the fun times with spawn walls [lol] and other things, now i'm a engineer and i have more friends on this server which grown and improved since a year ago :thumbsup:

ahh...my experience lets see...I discovered minecraft and I went to classic. Went to the server with the most people. Discovered team9000 classic. After which I got alpha and thought to myself...what was that awesome classic server I went to? Do they have a alpha server? Search it, joined it...and met professor and billy first. Then I met vic, and the list goes on. Glad I joined, Happy to stay, love to tolerate and love. :3

I joined the T9K back in March I believe. Back then, I had just discovered what Minecraft Classic was, with a small mix of 'smp'. I thought both were the same tbh. So with a friend from another game, we decided to go have so fun. Problem? Finding a server. We had ended up doing 2-3 servers until we landed on T9k. When I got here, I was treated well, people were nice and sow as the server. I especially remember Bobomastoras helping me with water lol. So we ended up exploring, and I ended up alone as my friend had to leave. From there, I found myself a small plot and built my first build. A small wooden house. I also recall bobo telling me to get wom, as i kept falling off my 'scaffolding' lmfao. This was back on Guest 128. The next day, I decided to go back, but wait a minute. New Map, my house is gone! General Panic, I ask what happened, and I am told it was just a new map and my house was OK. I started getting involved, and building to get a promo. To get to cool, I had built a nice wooden ship. My app got accepted so fast that I even had time to go edit my build, as a COOL member. That was plain sweet. To get builder was A LOT more work. I had built many things. I took part in some of Jerzey's contests, got on mumble and today, I am proud and honored to have been trusted enough to become an Engineer. My journey so far has been a good one, and I enjoyed all erm, ~392 hours of it. So yea, story of my life lol.

Before this I was playing quite a lot of ROBLOX, I still do sometimes. I also played RuneScape for like 2 weeks, and FreeRealms for about a month. Club Penguin as well. May I never go back.

I got minecraft in alpha, because a friend recommended it to me. I played singpleplayer until I got a nether portal, then I started playing multiplayer. So before this I was griefing and trolling classic servers. So I looked at a server list for beta and started doing the same. (I was banned from the T9k classic server as well, I apologized, it's good now )

So that went on, and then I found team9000 beta. I joined intending to troll, but the community was so nice to me I decided that this would be where I stop. So I joined T9K, and now i'm happily making my face in every guest world I go to on the classic server, and having fun on beta. I play many steam games like TF2 and Gmod, i've been playing those since forever.

It's not a great story, I have to admit. xD

Interesting story actually
Me, cathykiddo and scooterboo all used to play on a pixel art server before even discovering t9k, or atleast becoming active on it
We were a very tight server, I was an op on there and so were cathy and scooter
Eventually around january it kinda died out a bit, most of us became less active
I began producing music, and both cathy and scooter started playing on t9k
I was still in contact with most of the operators through hamachi so there was no need to hop onto the server
I had no contact with cathy nor scooter whatsoever
Eventually the server got disbanded all of the sudden, no warnings
In april, a wise operator said:
lark7zero said:
Lark: -offers co-ownership contract that involves EPIC STUFF-
Lark: Do you wanna cast Revivification on PAF and create a new and GREAT pixel art server? :3

And so it began

I named the server very similar to the original server, even made the main level as
Nuron wanted to see this famous server, scooter told him it died so they started searching for another server
I think one of the ops on my server promoted them instantly
Eventually cathy and im3nuron invited me to mumble
Eventually I got into other parts of t9k, such as SMP and classic

Touching, innit

Fantastic. Lettttssssss seeeeeee. Joined Team9k. Had NO idea what I was doing. Started building random stuff, kept at it, and now I'm awesome rank. More than happy to be a part of this community, the people I have met over the past year have amazing personalities. I hope to see this server go EVEN farther.

AKA: DAMN YOU 600 CHARACTER LIMIT.
Mkay. I got into minecraft via my (now) old clan. I remember seeing a vid on the front page featuring rails, so i guess that was quite a long while ago.
Well anyways I went to WoM first and got bored after about a month.
*fast forward to 3-5 years later*
" LOL Minecraft, I remember this. "
" Lets see. Oh, this seems like a nice server. "
" OMG PROMOTION SYSTEM, BUILD ALL THE AWESOME THINGS ."
" Lol derpaherp 4 block thingy that looks like a penis -.^ "
Banned *sadface*. Second chance!
*unbanned*
And promoted to builder. Jay.
And here I am.

This is a great milestone. I think ill join in
I joined many other servers before i joined team9000. They just were not good. Always griefed, admins just DIDNT CARE. So i took a look at team9000. I thought it was perfect. It was fun, and the admins acually cared.

I was looking through the classic server list and on the 23 october 2010, i came across t9k. i thought this was awesome. I stopped playing minecraft for a while but i came back earlier this year. my first build was a small house. i eventually made friends with the higher ranks e.g mikeymagic when he was builder :p. i then decided i wanted promo and now i am builder.

I joined the Classic server sometime around November or December. My first build was some goofy-looking pagoda-tree thing with a giant "MD" flag at the top of it. It was the best server I found, and I haven't left since.

One day i was like AHMGZ MINECWAFT IS KEWL? so i went along to the site only to find that you needed to buy the poo, i was like LOLWHUT? so i went to the outdated but free cheapo option and was like okay, which server here is NOT herped to the derp and with a swift click t9k was the one for me. Love at first sight :3

I was brand new to minecraft and didn't even have a paid account (I didn't want to spend the 20 bucks). I was looking through the server list and saw that this server had the biggest capacity and the most members. I joined and asked the question that pisses so many people off "where can I build". Of course I was met with many "Read the GD sign" responses.

I went to several servers, and came to Team9000 every now and then, it kept drawing me back. I built something guest, got promoted ingame, and have been here ever since.

I joined Team9000 on January 16th, 2011. I entered the server not knowing how to talk and ended up thinking all builders were gods. In the end, I finally figured out how to talk when I was cool rank and I worked my way up to where I am today. I love this server and everything it has given me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world

I joined the Classic MC server about 2-3 months ago. After a bit of a rocky start, I began to love the server and the people on it. I vanished recently for a couple of weeks, but now, I'm back in action and loving it.

Team9000 was the first classic server i joined and i built a house the first day, and the world got locked on me. i tryed to get water from a cool (phat_n_masks ) but couldnt understand why he couldnt make me water, thanks to his warning i was able to get screenshots of my house before the world was deleted Since then i spent 4 months on the server and over 360 hours and am currently ranked builder

I joined Team9000 5 minutes after discovering Minecraft Classic back in September 7 2010. I was known as nero201 back then. I've built some stuff got promoted to builder had some fun in the castle world with casham and the others then got bored by christmas. Then I got the money to buy Beta and made this new account for it.

Joined about 2-3 years ago, found l4d customs maps cast, got my first jtv account banned from the channel, then created this one, how long I have watched T9K is how long karmahurts has been active on JTV

Back