• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest 28: Origin Story

I joined team9000 through classic made some stuff i dont remember, joined the soviet madness (cool17) got builder like 40 weeks ago.
got beta from a friend (hademar) joined t9k beta, ate some cheese...

Over on year ago I picked up classic and went for some random server. I saw T9k and had a laugh over the name and picked it. Now forward to now and I am still here and still playing classic. Love this group to much to quit it.

Started Minecraft around a year ago, and played 6 months just SSP, then eventually join T9K classic (like most of us) and built a castle. Got cool and then builder, and then I built something and tried to get Engineer through building.. :facepalm:

I joined MC Classic through looking at servers. I read the "/rules," and made my account on the forums. I started by building a 1-UP sprite, which in doing so, I accidentally griefed a sign. I got kicked by JerzeyLegend and I hopped back on and started building again in the back. I also built a castle, Ecuadorian Flag, some other stuff which I can't remember... etc. Then I got cool. Afterwards, I submitted my application for builder... built more stuff… etc. Then I got builder at about 40 or so hours.
I really should get on more often…
-Taco.

started playing minecraft classic about a year ago found the server on the list that had the most people which happened to be team 9000.

I was bored a year ago and had a weeks vacation infront of the computer so I checked out this "Minecraft Classic" thing that'd I'd heard about but not actually tried.
The first few servers where shit so after awhile I decided that the one with the most players on had to be at least semi-good.. but it wasn't.. it was AWESOME! :3

I found team9000 when the team was formed on justin.tv by wooty & co. I knew most (all?) of the founding members previously through various shenanigans on justin.tv. Ozy IS MY HERO! <3 <3

Wooty and Ozy were streaming Fable 3 on Justin.tv and I was helping them farm gold. Ozy told me to jump on mumble and then my life was changed for ever.

Well back in da day I found T9K when me and a friend were looking for games to play and we found Minecraft Classic. First server I found was just some random server that was horrible, we stayed there for a few days and were like "Time to find a better server." And it was just by chance that I happened on T9K's server. Then history was made that day.

Classic server list ---> Classic Server ---> Survival Server ---> Forums

THAT IS ALL :D

Joining random servers every minute was fun, but Team9000 was different, it looked so...great. What really attracted me was the name of the server itself, and the fact that it had a limit of 300 people to be logged on. So...during school, on the legendary day of February 9th, 2011, I joined Team9000! I saw the sign, actually typed /rules (unlike the majority of guests), and started building! My first guest world was 121 I believe (could be 122), and my first build was the creeper cube! During my guest days, I looked up to the mods and admins a lot, and the fact that I AM a mod now means a lot. Helping people with grief and trolls, alongside the titans of T9k! It's magical! Er...uh...awesome. I meant to say awesome.

I found Team9000 on Minecraft.net. It was my first minecraft server I connected to. At first I was not sure what I was going into. It was awesome. On my first joining I was obviously still a noob. Something clicked in my head when I saw all the griefed buildings. (Some colored names were talking about no mods being online for hours). So I thought I would grief a bit myself. Obviously a stupid idea. I managed to paint like 10 blocks at maximum, when a builder spotted me. He asked me what I was doing. I said I'd rebuild it, which I did and he let me off without telling to the mods. After that I roamed the guest world and tried doing my first "serious" build. It was "Ropz", written. It looked like an easy task for a noob. I disconnected and tried some other servers.
It seemed like all other servers don't compare to T9K. But the server was down and I was struggling to remember the server's name. All I could remember was "Team.... something" So I searched the server list. Searched again. And again. Then looked up WoM, which some guest suggested I should download. Downloaded and installed it.
I connected to some other servers on the list. I still could not get Team9000 server out of my head. So I decided to look for it again.
And there it was, Team9000 in all of it's glory.

Heard of minecraft from a classmate. Tried classic. Joined a server my friend joined, which happened to be T9K server. Friend was a griefer, I wasn't :D

Well, I was playing Minecraft Beta on a PvP server, and once I got bored of it I found Team9000.
Magicfordummies led me to OxyTown and shortly after I met ThaProfessor and HawkeTech,
and I became a resident in Tower Bay!

I started playing Minecraft via Alpha after hearing about it on Reddit. After a few months, I decided to give classic a try. I tried a few servers and wasn't impressed. I happened upon T9K and liked what I saw in the guest worlds (I still miss the constant T9K highway) and ended up staying. I'm nearing 1,000 hours (and thats sans Cashm AFK hours <3) so I obviously enjoy things here.

It was random, the third server I ever tried. I never bothered to go to another server after finding it in the list of servers on the minecraft site.

I found it less than a week ago after i made a minecraft account.ive only been playing for a week. so i went to opticraft or w/e first, it was way to laggy so i came here and found what i was looking for! :D

Well in my early days on minecraft I played (clasic) and the only thing i did was grift. I really had a grifting problem but thanks to the team9000 server i changed. And now i am a respected citicen in both server (clasic and beta).

Well i started playing minecraft classic, joined the biggest server, started to build... and then i got griefed. So i griefed back :D never got banned tho :/. Probably shouldn't be saying this. Then the next time i logged back on which was like the next day i tried it again and did not grief this time. i feel in love that day.

Back