• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest 28: Origin Story

My friend at school tells me he plays this game all the time called MineCraft. He says TNT in caverns is the best part about it. So I go to "MineCraft.com" and it redirects me to MineCraft.net. So It says, "BUY NOW" and I'm like, no. So I started out solo "world" on classic. It was a bit boring, considering I'm all alone with unlimited objects, so I started doing stupid things. After building a gigantic, misshapen, miscoloured word, I figured, Heck, why not try multiplayer? So That was what I did. I go looking around on some servers. One I was building My house and this guy kept replacing it with water, and some guy was advertising worldofminecraft.com to fly. Of course, I think it's a virus, considering mass advertisements on the previous games I played like RuneScape led to bots advertising websites that sold gold that gave viruses. Anyways, I decided to quit immediately after that horrible incident. I then went to another server, built a small brick house, put chairs and a counter and put a "Bakery" word/sign on the front of the building. I thought this server was nice, considering it has roads paved through the entire map. Nope. Instantly This guy flew to me and completely destroyed my building. I was devastated. So when he went to build, I destroyed his blocks instantly. I was banned for grief. So then I go back to the server list on my browser. I see Team9000Gaming +hax, so I joined. Thinking it would be a completely modded server, I was like, hey this is col. I liked how my buildings would stay intact when I logged back in, or with only a few blocks missing. The banner popped up, want to be promoted? and it displayed this website. So I go, and it shows me what to do. I made an account and bascially logged every block I placed took a picture, and submitted it. I am still that cool rank today, but it doesn't matter because now I do beta. Anyways, after some of the awesomes told me about worldofminecraft, I considered it safe. The client made me do much better building, (Thought my buildings are still eyesores) I was happy. (I also still remember every second I begged Admiral360 and Alfisonson for water/lava)

So, I was watching, browsing YouTube as usual. And then something happened that changed the rest of my young life. No I joke, but what happened was I saw a new upload by HouseholdHacker. The video was about free games. And yes, yes it was Minecraft Classic. It then took me just a few minutes to download the game and get a go at it. The first server I joined, the best server ever. I was there starring at the huge spawn walls surrounding Guest spawn. And then I started making my own spawn wall. Apparently I was deleting someone elses wall, well it was more like me making it look better. But that did not stop me from building my own brick spawn wall. Here I am, griefing stuff. Nah joke. :)

Almost exactly a year ago, I started hearing about Minecraft, and I finally decided to Google it. I watched some gameplay of the alpha version on YouTube, and it looked amazing, so I went to the website and saw the links for classic (free to play!). I messed around on some servers, building small houses and what-not, but they were mostly deserted and I wanted to find some other people to build with. Since T9K was already getting popular, it caught my attention with its sizable number of users. That's when I began building airplanes. My third one was a big red passenger plane. When I was almost finished with it, another user named Wooty asked who's plane it was, and I said it was mine. Then he said, "how do you feel about grief?" Oh god, I thought, it's a griefer. No matter what I say he's probably going to grief my plane... I ended up just saying "I'm against it."

And then I was Cool. :D Also addicted.

I found Team9000 by accident but it turned out to be a good one as it was the best organized community i have ever seen. I was looking on the server list when i saw they have both minecraft classic and survival. I entered them both but i felt that i should chose the classic way because i was a huge fan of sprites and because of the don't grief sign. I was so attracted to this that i started building and after a week or so i got promoted to builder. It was great to show that romanian players are talented and can make a career on this server. Currently the school occupied my time but whenever i got some free time i start my computer and have some fun with the other Team9000 players building and sharing ideas.

Well, I first found the Team9000 classic sever and started playing on it. A few days later, I became interested when something popped up on the chat saying "Join the forums at Team9000.net!" I didn't join the forums until I got banned for griefing (I don't do it anymoar, so please don't say something like "OMG!!!! He should be banned now!!! >:0") so, I joined the forums and had my ban appeal accepted. And that's how I found out about Team9000.

*P.S: I like pie :D

I remember someone saying 'Ahhh, Minecraft is amazing, you should try it someday', then I went on minecraft.net, tried to play beta, but then realised you had to buy it :)3). After that I saw singleplayer classic and I remember feeling so proud of myself just for digging a hole to bedrock and then getting back up (again, :3). Then I got bored and went on multiplayer. I saw Team9000 near the top, and I thought I would give it a go. It turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Since then, I have developed so much as a person, learning to talk to new people, learning to help the community as much as I can, learning to be respectful to my peers. Then I bought beta and found the server, and gained more respect, becoming a fairly well-known member. Thank you for so much, Team9000! :D

I was searching for beta servers around January when I found a site called mcserverlist.net where on the front page showed a server called Team9000. I joined and loved it. I quit minecraft for a couple months then returned. When I returned I decided to get more involved with the T9k community and made a forum account. THE END!

Ha! This is very interesting indeed. My name is David Miyatake, and this is how I ended up here, in this very spot, no the other one. Around the beginning of April, I was starving for video games. I have already beaten pretty much every game for every console, excluding recent releases. At my high school, 99% of the guys I hang out with have the same problem. I consulted half of them, and my answer was Minecraft. Before I got my credit card, I couldn't've bought the Alpha version of Minecraft, however I later discovered that there was a free version. For a while, my friend Homicidal Ryan and I tested around 40 different Minecraft servers, until we struck gold.You may say that most of the people in Minecraft Classic were the most altruistic back then, but alas, back then it was every man for themselves to reach from guest, to cool, to builder, and further beyond. I've met many people who were benevolent and some who were asperous. I've recently made friends with many of the administrators and moderators. Currently I am a carefree builder who is waiting tolerantly for engineer. After the first 2 months of strolling in Classic, I worked with Mumble and finally joined the Mumble server. There, I've met many other people and played many games with them. I've spent a total of $200 on games and such to gift and play. Now I play Killing Floor, Team Fortress 2, and others religiously. Until I discovered this wonderful haven for gamers, I've been joining different communities who were careless and disrespectful to other's privacy and self being. And now, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the story of my being here!

Like many others, I found Team9000 through Minecraft Classic. Once I saw the epic builds, and great moderation, I fell in l00v with T9k. Getting on Mumble with everyone just made it all the more enjoyable.

I remember first joining the t9k server. I got a warm feeling that i really didn't get from any other servers. It was clean, and well kept. People were friendly to me, especially Alimber. Alimber actually seemed like a god at the time, because he was so friendly and everyone seemed to know him. I'm not saying that he isn't a god now but...Anyways, i have certainly come a long way. I never expected to find myself in a leadership position on the t9k classic server, but i am happy to have gotten the chance to see the community grow and prosper. I am amazed at how awesome, accepting, and downright amazing the people are here in t9k. I could not imagine a better group of people to hang out with.

I was riding my exact replica of twilight sparkle on a rainbow across the map no scope then i flipped open my laptop and found this server of epic that first off destroyed my computer it was so awesome. Then i got a new one then went to the website team9000.net.... thats how i found this server

Well, I first encountered Team9000 on the Minecraft Classic server. It was my first time online through Minecraft and it was an interesting experience. I've met some pretty chill guys on the site and I have had some nice conversations, arguments, and moments with a lot of them.

I found team9000 by scrolling through the classic servers, and i wanted to experience mincraft, even if it is only classic. When i say team9000, i instantly said "it's not over 9000!!" in my head. This made me smile, and decided to try out this server.

I found Team9000 quit by pure chance. My friends told me they played minecraft and I was like, whats that? I ended up on minecraft.net testing out the free outdated version (Classic) and I picked Team9000 because they had the most players on at the time. I wanted a big server to play on and show off my work. I have from been here ever since playing random rare bouts of classic and used to play allot of beta.

I found Team9000 probably back in Feburary, 2011. I had gotten Minecraft Beta in December, but had just found out what Classic was. I started on another classic server for a month, but the people there weren't friendly and there was very little moderation. I decided to look at other servers, and I saw that "Team9000" had a lot of people on it and it was at the top of the list. I joined it and noticed right away that the main world was pretty sweet. It had organization and flair that no other server I had been on yet had. I decided to try and build something; and was promoted ingame for a build that I had made. The server was huge, and it was full of friendly people. I delved into other areas of the site (Forums, Beta, Mumble) and have found that this gaming community is among the best I've had the pleasure to be a part of.

i had looked through the servers and found team9000. people were talking about promotions so i decided to join.

you know what, with only some hours left till the end of this contest i am going to compete :3
Basically it all started with me, looking trough a LOT of minecraft lets-play's on youtube, when i though, meh, for a change i could go and check the game out, so i did, at first it spewed that BUY NAO image right in my face and i was like.... uhh no thanks, i started classic SP getting bored extremely fast i decided to switch to classic online, i joined a lot of random servers where the scenario was always pretty much the same, a crap-load of random towers builds and pretty much looking like /fun then joined t9k, thought hmm this is pretty amazing no grief awesome builds pretty organized and stuff (me looking around /main) i read the rules and off to my first guest world it was 33 i believe, started off with building a giant pen*s, yes.... tho a mod was there pretty fast and instead of banning me forgave me and helped deleting it, from there started my rise trough the ranks :D now i'm proud to say i am an engineer on the t9k server :)
i have many fun moments here, and i intend to stay here for as long as i can...

Earlier this year, sometime in March, school began to drag my spirit down. Looking for a place of refuge I decided to check out Minecraft (I'd been thinking of doing so for a long time). At a loss for parental cash as tests were approaching I mostly played classic. Scrolling through servers, only Team9000 struck my eye. I then proceded to construct beautiful sctructures and enjoy those built by others. I have never been on another classic server since.

Well it went a little something like this...

After being shunned from my old server (I was a High ranking Admin) by the founder for making pony pixel art, I looked for a new server. in the light I saw a server in the dark, I saw... Team900 I joined only because of it's 200 people on, I had fun ya'll seem'd cool so I stayed.

That's It, What did you expect? An epic Ballard?

Back