• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest 28: Origin Story

I was banned from my main server, and then i found team9000 minecraft classic, It took my mind of the whole ban, and i havent left the server since :3

I joined Team9000 because it was the most populated Minecraft classic server. One thing led to another, and here I am today.

The number I picked represents the year I was born.
I also picked it for theh roight raisins!

Well, I joined awhile back on the 6th of October, 2010. I originally found it through my brother who had got on Minecraft before me, and pretty much just joined random servers. He had me join Team9000 because of the museum. I remember being like "Oh holy god damn crap" >.> Anyways, my brother didn't really get on it anymore after that, but I decided to build a couple days after.

I was on Guest15, and after seeing the bazillion 1x1 towers in contrast to the museum, I kinda was thrown way off, lol. Anyways, I couldn't really decide what to make, so I just made a boring 6-sided die, lol. After that I though "Oh, it would be cool to make a statue of my skin", so I started working on it. I had only started the feet when some came along to grief it ._. This was before history, so after calling for help because of a griefer, the griefer started yelling that I was griefing him. Unfortunately at the time, there wasn't anyone on, if I recall. So, the thing got destroyed. I then moved on to the island on the side, to be further away from people that would grief. It took me quite a few hours to finish the thing, especially since I had not gotten WoM at that point.

When I finally got done, ANOTHER griefer started dismantling it. Fortunately, admins were on at the time. I believe the people that came after I yelled about the grief was Wooty, Casham, and DayDreaming. Ozy might have been there too, I'm not entirely sure. Either way, he was banned, and the 3 or 4 of them started helping me rebuild it, and I was COMPLETELY surprised that I then got promoted to Cool by Woot right on the spot. My build got zoned (totally something that will not happen with so many people on the server now :3) and I was happy as crap. In the Cool worlds I built some sprites, which got me promoted to Artist, which for those that don't know, at the time it let you build in spritebuilder. But, the fun kinda ended when I got a temp job which required working 12 hours a day. I got one day off a week. So I went inactive for a LONG time.

When I finally got back on, everything had changed, there was tons of people, we were almost at guest 200, and people I had known that were guests were now ranks way above me. But hooray for familiarity when Casham saw me on and promoted me to Builder (since Artist rank was was gone) with the reason "You're back! <3"

And thus here I am.

Team9000. The one and only multiplayer server I have ever played on. After two weeks of single player I wanted to see what other people were building and just happened to click the T9K classic server first. I was overwhelmed at first. I couldn't fly. I couldn't build (on main) and I couldn't find pigs for porkchops. But I quickly learned the ropes from all the ranked members in the server.

My first "real" build was a train. I had so much fun and even got an ingame promotion from Guest to Cool half way through building it. My thirst to build only grew from there. In the following guest world I build an omage to Portal 2. A giant Glados, Wheatley and Companion Cube (complete with portal) and got my second ingame promotion to Builder. I've been hooked ever since.

I first came to Team9000 on April Fool's (I did NOT do this due to anything in real life, I assure you). I discovered Team9000 while searching for servers with over a hundred people. Spent the first couple days building stuff for my first promotion. I made a rainbow house, and then made an epic golden bridge stretching all the way across the sky. I mean world.

Anyways it didn't take long for Builder to come up. A couple days of sprite searching, and building jointly with others, and I had builder rank on my hands. I recall building an epic city called Epica in Cool 30 or something, Made the first of many Greek temples that I've built since.

Not sure if this is interesting.. Ok then. I joined T9k on a freezing day I January, bored as a brony, when I was scrolling down through Minecraft servers, and I found the one. T'was love at first sight. My earliest memory was being greeted by Godlib and 'Kamooose. The second I typed /rules, It began.

It seems that I am mcfar45 and I approve of this comp. I joined Team9000 around March this year through the classic server (yeah...really...), didn't make a mario sprite but instead built many many small builds because I don't have the patience to build large ones, I then joined mumble, became an active part of the community, was happy, <insert other stuff here>. I really love playing on all the T9K servers and am an Awesome on Classic :D

blah blah blah blah I joined T9k back in March 2011. I was watching some youtube videos on minecraft and decided I wanted to play it. So I found it and started playing classic. Scrolled through the lists and saw team9000 and thought... that sounds like a cool name. I joined and began pestering people with why cant I build? How do I fly? Where are the pigs? Where are the monsters? How do I make tools? etc... then I built some buildings, a quad damage in the sky, and the rest is history.

One fine day I was watching Seananners play Minecraft. Minecraft is related to T9k so, I joined Team9000 through the website back then when there were no ponies involed, made a mario sprite, made another mario sprite becuz I lack creativity, got promoted to owner, and earned a Borderlands GOTY from Casham my bestest Australian friend whom I shall have many bears with.

Well, this is quite nice. Now for the nostalgia trip: it was in about April-ish that I joined Team9000. I was prompted to play Minecraft after the rumor mill at the school started churning out Minecraft tales. I remember my first tentative steps on Classic, making a one-block tall tower (shameful, I know) and being uber-peppy about gettin' up the ranks. I even remember Vincent (who was a Cool) giving me water for my builds. I had very little presence on the forums, until Kagato prompted me to get more involved with T9K. The rest is history (and somewhat uninteresting).

I joined Team9000 on Sep. 11th 2010. i was in florida, on vacation, and i decided to check out this "minecraft" thing. I was welcomed by Guite and Aramat as awesomes. and it just went from there. the first thing i built is a rainbow tower, and it got grief-trapped by woot. Then Casham and Conrod joined when i was a builder, yes casham, i remember you as a cool :3. and it kinda just went from there!

Oh Looks like there's games.... Might give this a try..... I joined T9k Somewhere around November but i think i joined Classic in October....Weird. I had Just gotten Minecraft and i was getting ready to play. I checked the First one out (T9K Sever) And I Wanted to make something. So the Months came and i made a 16-Bit Luigi,A little house,A little House,Then Some BIG Houses and some Boats. I Had Got Promoted to Cool And it made my day. There's more to my story but i just want to write this....

This is a story that I don't really condone haha. I had just bought Minecraft Alpha, and went on skindex and found a naked skin. So I thought it would be funny if I went on a classic server to show everyone, so I clicked on the biggest server. So I did, and I joined Team9000. After a few minutes, ConroD kicked me for being naked. I came back later on with a different skin and decided to actually build something, then I found out they had recently opened this awesome survival server, and I have stayed ever since.

I joined Team9000 classic in Oct2 2010 and Left and then i came Back in March 11 which is a day after my birthday first thing i made was a tower that
MDukey and ablisa help me with, they have me water and lava. i spent a couple of days building for my cool rank then to builder And now im an Engineer

I joined Team9000 through the T9K classic server and magically was swept off my feet by the mods. I built Flynn's Arcade for cool rank. And then built the Taj Mahal and a pokecenter for builder and ranked up to awesome some how. I like chinchillas.

My brother had been trying to get me to join for about 3 months, I finally gave in and I'm now hooked! My favorite build that I've done, so far, is my Holiday AngryBird Sprite ^-^.. I'm already cool rank and having a great time, not only in classic, but survival and mumble meeting everyone and making friends =) Thank you, thee_pro!

As soon as I joined T9K in July through the classic servers list (yeah I know, no elaborate explanation), a new guest world had opened. I was so happy to see a clear world which I could build in. Of course, it was my first time playing Classic, so I had no idea what to do.

I started by making a giant Creeper (very original), and finished after about 4 hours. With the help of my new friend, thegamegeek, we filled its head with TnT, and made stairs up to the top. I was so proud, so you can imagine how I felt when I first heard of griefing. I was devestated to see people destroying it over and over again, but of course, xViBes or Casey was always there to revert the grief <3.

From there, my builds grew, along with my respect for other members, as I made my way to where I happily sit today, at builder rank. It has been an amazing 3 1/2 months for me, talking to new people every day, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for T9K and will be honored to be a part of it.

Almost one year ago I joined this wonderful server by chance and built an underground temple from there I slowly clawed and dug my way to epic rank stepping on all the little people XP. But not really.

a long time ago i was getting into minecraft so i hopped on scrolled through the server list found team9000 which intrigued me, because of the name and the player cap. I hopped on and joined guest 101 i saw some pretty amazingly huge builds. Then i help make a hotel which was pretty popular. I think Jerzey had a room there when he was just cool. But i wanted to get ranked so i built some stuff, got builder, and here i am now.

Back