Cosplay and Cosplay Ideas Thread!

Noob Question: Where do people cosplay? I know nothing about it except people dress up. Does it have to be anime?
Thank you in advance for not being a dick.

Noob Question: Where do people cosplay? I know nothing about it except people dress up. Does it have to be anime?
Thank you in advance for not being a dick.
Question 1: At Conventions
Question 2: It can be from anime, movies, video games, books, cartoons, TV shows etc. OR an original creation based off of one of those.

Dude, do SteamPunk Hetalia characters. that'd be amazing/
You'll never get me drawing or costuming Hetalia. I've seen/read it. Parts were cute and funny. Other parts.. I have issue with. I'm just gonna avoid the whole wartime countries as stereotyped characters.. thing.

Not that any of those characters would look good/fit me for cosplay anyway.

..but now I want to watch Black Butler again. Sebastian is soooo hot. So hot.

You'll never get me drawing or costuming Hetalia. I've seen/read it. Parts were cute and funny. Other parts.. I have issue with. I'm just gonna avoid the whole wartime countries as stereotyped characters.. thing.

Not that any of those characters would look good/fit me for cosplay anyway.

..but now I want to watch Black Butler again. Sebastian is soooo hot. So hot.

would you cosplay Gurren Langgan or RAVE master?

Has anyone heard of the Taroboys from AX08? They did a cosplay on Digimon. Wicked awesome.

Digimon_Season_1_Group_by_Sanctioned.jpg

would you cosplay Gurren Langgan or RAVE master?
Haven't seen either. But initial glance, Gurren Lagann doesn't seem like my sort of thing to watch. RAVE maybe. Don't know that any of the characters would make good cosplay for me, though, just based on quick image searching.

Posting this REALLY LATE, but I've decided why not.
Last Halloween I decided to make myself a Hol Horse costume and matching gun (named the Emperor). Now since it isn't really at a convention (and amateur as fuck) I don't know whether or not to consider it cosplay. Either way here I am (boots not on in picture unfortunately):
Hol Horse Me.jpg

HolHorse_ASB.jpg

^ Actual Hol Horse

And here's The Emperor:
The Emperor.jpg

Emperor_ASB.jpg

^ Actual The Emperor

I'm such a fucking dweeb...

I've come to the conclusion that I will never be able to do any other cosplay other then L in my while life as long as I have this hair.

*cough*

So, I plan to enter the costume contest at Animate!Miami this year, and would love to have some ideas

*cough*

So, I plan to enter the costume contest at Animate!Miami this year, and would love to have some ideas
A full-body picture as reference would be nice so we can give good ideas.

Alternatively, Sebastian from Black Butler. Bitches love Sebastian.

Back