Cosplay and Cosplay Ideas Thread!

image.jpg

My lady friend and I are going to unite.

Thanks! And I do have to make it, mostly because the character isn't even released yet...
White sheets with gold ribbon glued down are your friend.

I'd also recommend putting more focus into the weapon than anything.

I know next to nothing about cosplay, but I'm good at making things in general, so PM me if you don't know how to go about a specific part.

I've got a lot of clothing already that would match up with a cosplay outfit. Only problems are im not black nor do I have a baby chicken living in my afro. Lol.

looked up pictures of the cosplay, and to be honest, a fat white guy and some asains gives me hope that I might not be the worst one to attempt it. lol :D
Hehe. For me, i don't see why people get offended when someone does blackface as a cosplay or theatrical purposes. Yes, doing that and acting like a stereotypical "n****r" can be offensive, but there is an artform to what is essentially disguising yourself as another. Its like yelling at men who crossdress as females and portray the 50's era housewife "because its offensive to heteronormative women of that era".

Because nobody here is pissy at Monty Python's Flying Circus for doing that, right?

I'll just copy paste it here to see if any of you guys have some suggestions:

I am trying to find a cosplay where my hair could be used to an advantage to where I don't need a wig to cosplay the character. I've looked through lots of databases and such to find something that would fit and I'd wonder if anyone had some suggestion. I've done the one I like for 2 years in a row (L) and its become rather tiresome and would like to try something new/different.

To help narrow down sadly I don't have a specific anime or game that I am specifically looking to emulate but if something is matchable with my physical aspects it would help me get a good start.

The color of the hair can be any color and I am willing to temporarily dye it anything to fit the character. The event I plan to go it is a local anime convention that happens on November 7-9th, so if the costume will take time to make then I have time. I am also an artist so if some artistic liberties are required to make the cosplay I can take the time.

Physical/useful stats/information:

18 years old (19 at the time the convention will be)

5'11"

165 lb

Pasty white skin colour

Skinny to medium body mass but could work figure down to moderately skinny

Longer body length then legs

Some photos to help, more of hair pictures.

zjpkVfS.jpg

xziq9lx.jpg

iXatXQN.jpg

69jdMQ6.jpg

phSLa7Y.jpg

BIvb827.jpg

iEFLkmi.jpg

i0zfM6A.jpg

getA2zH.jpg

Was thinking of just hand making some runescape related items and just wearing those but I'd like to see if there are any other ideas out there first. But with this info what suggestions could you think of to help me narrow down something I could cosplay?

Back