Doctor Who... The Ongoing Discussion

One of the only positive sides of Chatroulette was how I was able to do this:
39206_454376952564_1835123_n.jpg
39206_454376942564_5890883_n.jpg

Also, "The Bells of Saint John: A Prequel":

"...and he will have other names before the end: Storm, the Beast, the Valeyard."
Finally, I've been wondering if they're ever going to get into that.

Oh, and apparently
John Hurt's Doctor is the Ninth Doctor (Eccleston's is actually the Tenth, etc.).

Curious to see who the next/12th Doctor will be since it looks like it was just announced today that Matt Smith will be leaving after the 50th anniversary Christmas special. Hope he gets as great of a send off that Tennant did.

tumblr_meagpxA39j1rz1azxo1_500.jpg

Curious to see who the next/12th Doctor will be since it looks like it was just announced today that Matt Smith will be leaving after the 50th anniversary Christmas special. Hope he gets as great of a send off that Tennant did.

Source?
I read that he was doing another season, I mean. I always thought he was going to leave after the 50th anniversary... but I didn't actually have any evidence.

David Tennant was my first, enjoyed him a lot more imo. Did you watch any of the 10th doctor series?
I rather liked Christopher Eccleston as the 10th Doctor - he was kind of a mesh between Tennant and Smith. Still kind of wish he hadn't left after the first season and was saddened that he didn't want anything to do with the 50th anniversary but I think he made a good Doctor. I know he's discussed it before and stated he didn't want to get "stuck" in the role, i.e. being the only thing he was known for, but I still can't help think there must have been some disagreements.

I rather liked Christopher Eccleston as the 10th Doctor - he was kind of a mesh between Tennant and Smith. Still kind of wish he hadn't left after the first season and was saddened that he didn't want anything to do with the 50th anniversary but I think he made a good Doctor. I know he's discussed it before and stated he didn't want to get "stuck" in the role, i.e. being the only thing he was known for, but I still can't help think there must have been some disagreements.
Eccleston was my first Doctor, and also my favorite. The two that followed him didn't quite fit the role as well as he did. They were too silly/childish in nature to be someone who just watched his entire race die out and his home lost forever. Eccleston had that seriousness that really fit well and still had a bit of a fun side to him.

Tennant was a good Doctor, but I really didn't like Smith at all.

Not really ongoing now is it? In recent news to this thread, Capaldi is next Doctor, the DW movie was shown on BBC few days ago, and the 50th is in a few months! Woot

50th Related stuff, therefore best reason to revive this thread:
Smith Talks Hastags:
50th Trailer:
#Savetheday
Nov. 23rd is approaching!

Back