General Anime Discussion Thread

I'm 21 episodes into Eureka 7. This show is making me so depressed, but I can't stop watching...

You may want to put a spoiler around some of that stuff.

But yeah, I agree with you in most respects. They got what was coming.

Yes, sorry, i realised it a few hours later but well most people should have read it by then tho, also i was in the bed sick and coughing so i diden't really care. Again sorry for not putting or warning of spoilers.

12904634925_47da3e09f4.jpg

So I watched the 2006 Cutie Honey OVA and I thought it was pretty good. I will probably watch though the film sometime soon if only for more of Natsuko since the manga doesn't have her ;-;

I just finished a re-watch of Fate/Zero, and now everything feels so lacking in comparison. It really is an incredible show. Every character has something to like about them, or at least hold your interest. I love the clash of ideals and personalities, not to mention the over all quality and polish of the show in general. It seems to me like the makers decided to cut out the otaku crap just this once and make just a honestly amazing experience.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but you guys must watch "Tekkonkinkreet"
It's one of the most amazing, feel packed anime films I've ever seen
I watched it a couple of years ago, and then forgot the name (which is understandable i think) but I've found it again, and I though I should share. :3
tekkonkinkreetpole.jpg

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but you guys must watch "Tekkonkinkreet"
It's one of the most amazing, feel packed anime films I've ever seen
I watched it a couple of years ago, and then forgot the name (which is understandable i think) but I've found it again, and I though I should share. :3
tekkonkinkreetpole.jpg

I actually just watched that a couple weeks ago. Not exactly what I expected, certainly good, but also incredibly odd! The art is very distinctive, the characters and just feel in general is very unique. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but it is worth watching I'd say.

EDIT: Looking into the movie a bit more, I noticed that the director of the movie, Michael Arias is the first American-born filmmaker to direct a major anime film. I also found a lengthy interview with him as he explains his experiences with Tekkon Kinkreet.

Someone pointed this out on r/anime.
The Vicious's crow from Cowboy Bebop was at the end of the finale of Space Dandy
LhOJpoT.png

tjbVJ5b.jpg

Just finished Eureka 7 (That ending, though). Moving on to Stein;Gate.

I've watched the first episode of Steins;Gate. Has anyone here watched it in both sub and dub and recommend which I should watch it in? I have the dual audio - the english voice acting definitely seems more playful. I'm wondering if the dub will have a different impact on the characters as a whole.

Update : I've decided to go with the subbed. I'll often go with a dub if it's really good, but after watching the first episode in both - I find the sub to be funnier in both voice acting and the wording of the dialogue, and there's more of a contrast between the serious situations and the not-so-serious ones. Also : The Japanese evil laugh is just amazing.

I've watched the first episode of Steins;Gate. Has anyone here watched it in both sub and dub and recommend which I should watch it in? I have the dual audio - the english voice acting definitely seems more playful. I'm wondering if the dub will have a different impact on the characters as a whole.

Not looking for a weaboo "Subs are ALWAYS better than dubs" response. I often prefer an English dub if it's well done, if not, I'm fine with a sub.

I am a fan of some dubs, and have greatly enjoyed many. I have watched all of steins;gate in sub, and gone back and watched parts in the dub, and I will say I was very disappointed in the dub. Not because it was done poorly, but because of what they had to change to make it dub appropriate. Many of the jokes, and several iconic scenes from the show are altered greatly, and the whole feel is just off. Not to mention the great difference between the voice of the Japanese Okabe, and the English Okabe. The Japanese voice really feels distinctive and slightly mad, which fits him very well. The English just feels like a normal guy talking, and this is coming from a J. Michael Tatum fan!

So yes, my personal preference, and suggestion would be the sub.

I am a fan of some dubs, and have greatly enjoyed many. I have watched all of steins;gate in sub, and gone back and watched parts in the dub, and I will say I was very disappointed in the dub. Not because it was done poorly, but because of what they had to change to make it dub appropriate. Many of the jokes, and several iconic scenes from the show are altered greatly, and the whole feel is just off. Not to mention the great difference between the voice of the Japanese Okabe, and the English Okabe. The Japanese voice really feels distinctive and slightly mad, which fits him very well. The English just feels like a normal guy talking, and this is coming from a J. Michael Tatum fan!

So yes, my personal preference, and suggestion would be the sub.
How's it hangin? I'ma bust out some questions yo so hola at ya boys! Word to your mother.

Sorry I don't speak jive.

Just finished Eureka 7 (That ending, though). Moving on to Stein;Gate.

Update : I've decided to go with the subbed. I'll often go with a dub if it's really good, but after watching the first episode in both - I find the sub to be funnier in both voice acting and the wording of the dialogue, and there's more of a contrast between the serious situations and the not-so-serious ones. Also : The Japanese evil laugh is just amazing.

I've watched Steins;Gate multiple times, both in Japanese and English. Both dubs warrant a watch; The English and Japanese dub portray different Okabe's. Someone described it as if Jap Okabe had dropped out of college while the Eng Okabe graduated from college.

Nonetheless, Steins;Gate is great regardless of what dub you watch. The Japanese dub offers a zainy portrayal pf yhe cast while the Eng dub takes a step into grandiose.

I've watched Steins;Gate multiple times, both in Japanese and English. Both dubs warrant a watch; The English and Japanese dub portray different Okabe's. Someone described it as if Jap Okabe had dropped out of college while the Eng Okabe graduated from college.

Nonetheless, Steins;Gate is great regardless of what dub you watch. The Japanese dub offers a zainy portrayal pf yhe cast while the Eng dub takes a step into grandiose.
Hey wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Back