General Anime Discussion Thread

Oh people who liked Monogatari try Kagerou Project I get the same feels about them tho i'd say that Kagerou Project is alot more pain driven.

Oh people who liked Monogatari try Kagerou Project I get the same feels about them tho i'd say that Kagerou Project is alot more pain driven.
The anime was underwhelming.

I recommend the actual project though. It's good.

I recommend the actual project though. It's good.

Dunno what that whould be. I see names but i don't look into where they come from since mostly they are standalone or whatever.

Also you whould say no that they feel about the same?

Nah, not nearly standalone.

The project itself is a series of songs, then light novels, then manga and it spans FAAAR beyond what the ridiculous 12 episode trash anime portrays.

I have a thread about it somewhere.

But yeah, they feel about the same in the anime since they were both done by SHAFT. Mongatari is a little more... I don't know.

IMHO: The anime isn't worth watching unless you have time to invest in the whole project.

But yeah, they feel about the same in the anime since they were both done by SHAFT. Mongatari is a little more... I don't know.

Its more a cutoff stuff in it perhaps?

Anyone think i should test Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom

Title:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Type:
TV Series, 26 episodes
Year:
Apr 3, 2009 to Sep 25, 2009
Genre:
Action, Drama, Martial Arts, Psychological, Romance, Tragedy
Complete

I dunno what to do about it since it feels very heavy with tragedy.
And am not that happy with alot of pain and suffering.

Its more a cutoff stuff in it perhaps?

Anyone think i should test Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom

Title:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Type:
TV Series, 26 episodes
Year:
Apr 3, 2009 to Sep 25, 2009
Genre:
Action, Drama, Martial Arts, Psychological, Romance, Tragedy
Complete

I dunno what to do about it since it feels very heavy with tragedy.
And am not that happy with alot of pain and suffering.

Personally, I enjoyed Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. But if you are someone who doesn't cope well with a depressing story, then I don't know if I would recommend it. It isn't like there is much (any actually) gore in the show, or that people are physically suffering. It's more a drawn out, mental type. I had my issues with the show that kept it from being amazing, but I did enjoy it. For you madcart, I'd say it's worth a shot? Maybe? It would probably be hard to get into. Still, to anyone else, I recommend it if you are looking for something a bit different.

Personally, I enjoyed Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. But if you are someone who doesn't cope well with a depressing story, then I don't know if I would recommend it. It isn't like there is much (any actually) gore in the show, or that people are physically suffering. It's more a drawn out, mental type. I had my issues with the show that kept it from being amazing, but I did enjoy it. For you madcart, I'd say it's worth a shot? Maybe? It would probably be hard to get into. Still, to anyone else, I recommend it if you are looking for something a bit different.

With alot of "pain and suffering" i mean the mental one, a good example whould be Golden Time or UnbalanceXUnbalance, True Tears, Myself yourself, School days and ef - a tale of memories.

Oh i almost forgot Gokukoku no Brynhildr is a good example for that heavy mental pain thing aswell.

Alright I watched episode 7 of Gurren Lagann, still not feeling it and still looking at it as an overhyped anime that internet likes for no good reason (like Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan).

Do I need to wait til a specific episode for things to pick up or has it gotten to the point where I'm just not going to enjoy?

Alright I watched episode 7 of Gurren Lagann, still not feeling it and still looking at it as an overhyped anime that internet likes for no good reason (like Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan).

Do I need to wait til a specific episode for things to pick up or has it gotten to the point where I'm just not going to enjoy?

Well, the reason it seems that way, is because that's kinda the point of Gurren Lagann. It's supposed to embody manliness and irrational awesomeness because it is actually a parody of shounen shows in that sense. The show build's to a ridiculous and impossible scale. It's "overhyped" because that is exactly what it is supposed to be. Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan are hyped up just because people made them that way, but Gurren Lagann is hyped because it says so. Going in with the mindset that "this better be the most amazing and spectacular thing I've ever seen because other people said so" is incorrect. Gurren Lagann is supposed to be fun and nonsensical and awesome because "Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible! Row Row fight da Powah!"

It's supposed to embody manliness and irrational awesomeness
Exact reason why I watch/read Jojo. Would've thought that would make the experience even better, because I can get behind that easily.

Going in with the mindset that "this better be the most amazing and spectacular thing I've ever seen because other people said so" is incorrect.
My mindset going is was basically:
This is going to be the hypest, over the top and manly tears-est mech anime I will ever watch.

I'm just not seeing it, or maybe I overhyped it in my head because from what everyone's told me is "You like Jojo? You like EVA? You like 80s narm (Things like Commando and FC3: Blood Dragon)? You'll love this."

Exact reason why I watch/read Jojo. Would've thought that would make the experience even better, because I can get behind that easily.

My mindset going is was basically:
This is going to be the hypest, over the top and manly tears-est mech anime I will ever watch.

I'm just not seeing it, or maybe I overhyped it in my head because from what everyone's told me is "You like Jojo? You like EVA? You like 80s narm (Things like Commando and FC3: Blood Dragon)? You'll love this."

Perhaps what you are looking for is crazy epic omgzness instantly. I promise if you keep watching it will come, but it won't be exactly like JoJo or EVA. The show builds in scale from a kid digging in the dirt to something immeasurable, although it might be hard for you to get there. I would suggest trying to finish the show before you write it off, but I won't force it :).

I just watched Parasyte -the maxim and I've got to say I was thoroughly impressed. Hopefully it continues to follow down the path that the first episode has set.

Am gonna watch:

Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso
1334.jpg

Type:
TV Series
Year:
Oct 10, 2014 to ?
Genre:
Drama, Music, Romance, School Life, Shounen
Ongoing

Summary

Arima Kousei is a former child prodigy who lost his ability to play the piano when his mother died. His daily life is monochrome, but it begins to gain colour when he meets a female violinist by chance. Miyazono Kawori is an audacious go-getter who is overflowing with personality. Enchanted by the girl, Kousei starts to move forward with his own legs at the age of 14.

Hopefully it won't go in the same direction as Golden Time did.

Am gonna watch:

Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso
1334.jpg

Type:
TV Series
Year:
Oct 10, 2014 to ?
Genre:
Drama, Music, Romance, School Life, Shounen
Ongoing

Summary

Arima Kousei is a former child prodigy who lost his ability to play the piano when his mother died. His daily life is monochrome, but it begins to gain colour when he meets a female violinist by chance. Miyazono Kawori is an audacious go-getter who is overflowing with personality. Enchanted by the girl, Kousei starts to move forward with his own legs at the age of 14.

Hopefully it won't go in the same direction as Golden Time did.

If you want something similar but is infinitely better I'd recommend Nodame Cantabile.

Shinichi Chiaki, an arrogant,multilingual perfectionist, is the top student at Momogaoka College of Music and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and once lived abroad in the music capitals of the world as a young boy (namely Prague), but is trapped in Japan because of his childhood phobia of airplanes and the ocean. In contrast,Megumi Noda, or "Nodame", is a piano student at Momogaoka, notorious for messiness and eccentric behavior. Despite being very talented, Nodame prefers to play by ear rather than according to the musical score; thus, she is regarded as sloppy and playful. (Wikipedia)

It's one of my favourite anime/manga out there and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in great character interaction and an almost realistic love story.

Back