General Anime Discussion Thread

Thats why i stopped about halfway aswell. What was the most depressing thing for you?

Well, I'm already on to episode 17. Guess the most depressing part would be
When everyone's relationships start to deteriorate before the Ofunehiki festival

Well, I'm already on to episode 17. Guess the most depressing part would be
When everyone's relationships start to deteriorate before the Ofunehiki festival

Its odd that it isent tagged as a tragedi since it got the element in it.

EDIT: That might be why its tagged as "drama" insteed.(tho i whould put both tags on it.)

Its odd that it isent tagged as a tragedi since it got the element in it.

Not really. It wasn't as much tragic as dramatic (which is why it's labeled that). Nothing terrible happened in the story that could make it a tragedy (unless there's something in the end that is so tragic that it had to apply to the entirety of the series).

EDIT: So I finally finished the series, and yeah, there's nothing tragic to make it be called a tragedy.

Anyway, if you're looking for a good dramatic romance, Nagi no Asukara is one hell of a way to go. The feels are nearly equal to those from Angel Beats.

So I'm looking for an anime that I saw a clip of a little back: So in said clip there were like these monsters that were just going around the city and killing people in the most grotesque and violent ways possible. Anyone know?

Hellsing: Ultimate?
Ohhh, is that what that clip was from? I was actually going to watch hellsing next not knowing that's what it was from. Thanks!

No wait, I don't think so.... They were a bunch of really odd monsters; like one threw a person up in the air and impaled him/her through the anus with its spikey appendage, and some people got sliced in half, some got crushed to death and it was just super gorey.

Ohhh, is that what that clip was from? I was actually going to watch hellsing next not knowing that's what it was from. Thanks!

Mind you, Hellsing and Hellsing: Ultimate have two very different plotlines. The scenario you just described sounds like it came from Hellsing: Ultimate.

Found it:

Definitely not Hellsing or Hellsing: Ultimate.

EDIT: Hah, I missed the fact that it said "Blood-C" right there. So yeah, that's the name, I guess.
This feels worse than Hellsing: Ultimate tbh. That's just fucking vomit-inducing right there.

Hellsing: Ultimate?
DID SOMEONE SAY HELLSING ULTIMATE!?
tumblr_mll5dfQbMA1rskmo9o1_500.gif

Definitely not Hellsing or Hellsing: Ultimate.

EDIT: Hah, I missed the fact that it said "Blood-C" right there. So yeah, that's the name, I guess.
This feels worse than Hellsing: Ultimate tbh. That's just fucking vomit-inducing right there.
Oh, I agree. I was just talking with a friend about violent anime and I remembered watching that. Like especially the girl that gets her legs ripped off...

Not really. It wasn't as much tragic as dramatic (which is why it's labeled that). Nothing terrible happened in the story that could make it a tragedy (unless there's something in the end that is so tragic that it had to apply to the entirety of the series).

EDIT: So I finally finished the series, and yeah, there's nothing tragic to make it be called a tragedy.

Anyway, if you're looking for a good dramatic romance, Nagi no Asukara is one hell of a way to go. The feels are nearly equal to those from Angel Beats.

Eitherway am not good with drama OR tragedy so i barely see any diffrence.

Has anyone seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm on episode 35 atm and it's bloody brilliant, certainly without peer in the anime industry. I recommend anyone that's a fan of space opera, sci fi, drama, and politics to give this masterpiece a try.

Has anyone seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes? I'm on episode 35 atm and it's bloody brilliant, certainly without peer in the anime industry. I recommend anyone that's a fan of space opera, sci fi, drama, and politics to give this masterpiece a try.
That 100+ episode OVA space opera with 660 named characters (there's so much that their names have to flashed on screen when they appear again in the later episodes) and a sometimes painfully slow pace? Yeah know Legend of Galatic Heroes, all thanks to TV Tropes no less. I've been meaning to give it try since last summer, but general laziness stopped me.

Also my brother watched Tytania, by the same creator, which was a watered down version of LoGH. It wasn't that good.

That 100+ episode OVA space opera with 660 named characters (there's so much that their names have to flashed on screen when they appear again in the later episodes) and a sometimes painfully slow pace? Yeah know Legend of Galatic Heroes, all thanks to TV Tropes no less. I've been meaning to give it try since last summer, but general laziness stopped me.

Also my brother watched Tytania, by the same creator, which was a watered down version of LoGH. It wasn't that good.

It certainly is a trek, though it's still marvelous. You should watch the prequel My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War beforehand to see if you'll be willing to commit to the show.

It's nice to see a fellow troper btw.

I have been in a very sci-fi mood lately after much fantasy overdoes, as well as on a hiatus from watching lots of anime, so I think I might just be in the mood to finally give this show a whirl. I've heard only good things about it, but the amount of episodes has kept me waiting to find a good time, and Christmas break is good of time as any. Thanks for mentioning it!

Btw, I have to wait until April to get part 2 of F/S Night Unlimited Bladeworks. That makes me sad, and the ending of the first season also frustrated me greatly. I put up with the great amounts of deus ex machina that F/S Night was throwing off, because it was all in good fun and interesting. But, really?
Making Casters noble phantasm something that further breaks the rules even though she had done it a million times, stealing saber away, complete cliffhanger, and THEY CALL THE PHANTASM "RULE BREAKER" ?!?? REALLY!??

Despite that, I have really enjoyed the new Fate/Stay Night and am looking forward to more. :)

I have been in a very sci-fi mood lately after much fantasy overdoes, as well as on a hiatus from watching lots of anime, so I think I might just be in the mood to finally give this show a whirl. I've heard only good things about it, but the amount of episodes has kept me waiting to find a good time, and Christmas break is good of time as any. Thanks for mentioning it!

Btw, I have to wait until April to get part 2 of F/S Night Unlimited Bladeworks. That makes me sad, and the ending of the first season also frustrated me greatly. I put up with the great amounts of deus ex machina that F/S Night was throwing off, because it was all in good fun and interesting. But, really?
Making Casters noble phantasm something that further breaks the rules even though she had done it a million times, stealing saber away, complete cliffhanger, and THEY CALL THE PHANTASM "RULE BREAKER" ?!?? REALLY!??

Despite that, I have really enjoyed the new Fate/Stay Night and am looking forward to more. :)

If you're considering Dues Ex Machina

Gilgamesh can win the war instantly but his arrogance prevents him from doing so

If Saber obtains her sheath she's nigh unkillable

If Archer wasn't so pursuant on his goal he would almost have no match

Hell even projection and reality marble's themself are so broken the world rejects them

The Holy Grail
Rule Breaker itself as a noble phantasm is a perfect fit for caster if you consider her true identity.

The only thing I'm concerned with is if Ufotable has the maturity to handle a certain scene properly near the end of the Anime.

If you're considering Dues Ex Machina

Gilgamesh can win the war instantly but his arrogance prevents him from doing so

If Saber obtains her sheath she's nigh unkillable

If Archer wasn't so pursuant on his goal he would almost have no match

Hell even projection and reality marble's themself are so broken the world rejects them

The Holy Grail
Rule Breaker itself as a noble phantasm is a perfect fit for caster if you consider her true identity.

The only thing I'm concerned with is if Ufotable has the maturity to handle a certain scene properly near the end of the Anime.
1 word:
Dolphins.

It certainly is a trek, though it's still marvelous. You should watch the prequel My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War beforehand to see if you'll be willing to commit to the show.

It's nice to see a fellow troper btw.
Duly noted.

And likewise seeing another troper (tbh I'm surprised you didn't know I was a troper, I've linked there many times so people know what I'm saying.)

Oh, I agree. I was just talking with a friend about violent anime and I remembered watching that. Like especially the girl that gets her legs ripped off...

That was just outright horrible especially since she was screaming for it to stop...

On a lighter note, anyone got some romcom recommendations? I've got some under my bag and I'm trying to keep going.

Currently Watching: Special A

Watched (this might get long): Toradora!, Towanai (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko), Noucome, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun, Hayate no Gotoku! (every single series), Oreimo, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Baka to Test (not sure if that classifies as one), Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai), and probably some more that I don't remember...

but yeah, some recommendations would be great.

Back