Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

Vegas: Open carry.

When I think guns, I think of the bullet proof cup from Super Troopers.

I look forward to the day when in FL, you can open carry, sadly its only conceal carry with a permit but there are of course restrictions to where you can go with it. I.E. schools, hospitals, federal buildings, and bars that serve alcohol are no go.

I have always been a fan of the MAC-11 A1

400px-Mac_m11_9k.jpg

are they impractical, problematic, and difficult to maintain...yes, but....

really really cool.

This reminds me of a funny story. My grandfather lives out west Texas (nearby where I live now) and has a gun cabinet absolutely full. One gun is a very old shotgun. My great grandfather was a plantation owner near Kaufman Texas from the 30s to the early 70s or so. A plantation on which had "sharecroppers" which were pretty much modern day slaves. The only thing that set them apart was they got food, housing, a bit of money etc... One woman (named Jewel) had a husband and 7 or 8 kids. To this day no one has any idea what happened but Jewel shot her husband 5 times with a shotgun that holds 3 shells at a time. This means she would have had to shot him 3 times point blank with a shotgun, reload, and then shoot 2 more times.

Here is where the story gets interesting. Instead of imprisoning Jewel and her 7 or 8 kids be a burden of the state, back then they made her work a lifetime for my great grandfather for free along with raising her kids. Not only did he literally have the last actual legal slave in the united states but she was so trusted in the family that my father remembers her babysitting him. Lol....

This story is absolutely true. Next time I go to my grandfather's house I will take pictures of the shotgun and post them on here.

This reminds me of a funny story. My grandfather lives out west Texas (now nearby where I live now) and has a gun cabinet absolutely full. One of which is a very old shotgun. My great grandfather was a plantation owner near Kaufman Texas from the 30s to the early 70s or so. A plantation on which had "sharecroppers" which were pretty much modern day slaves. The only thing that set them apart was they got food, housing, a bit of money etc... One woman (named Jewel) had a husband and 7 or 8 kids. To this day no one has any idea what happened but Jewel shot her husband 5 times with a shotgun that holds 3 shells at a time. This means she would have had to shot him 3 times point blank with a shotgun, reload, and then shoot 2 more times.

Here is where the story gets interesting. Instead of imprisoning Jewel and her 7 or 8 kids be a burden of the state, back then they made her work a lifetime for my great grandfather for free along with raising her kids. Not only did he literally have the last actual legal slave in the united states but she was so trusted in the family that my father remembers her babysitting him. Lol....

This story is absolutely true. Next time I go to my grandfather's house I will take pictures of the shotgun and post them on here.

still waiting on pics, twill be epic.

and yes, I did revive my own thread, but it is not that far dead, and I did not want to create an entirely new thread just to re-state everything again. The reason for the revival is summed up in 3 words: Zombie Max Ammo

cliche name of course.....but this ammo is intense. and here is a quick test to show you the difference between an FMJ round and the Zombie Max.

however Hornady has made this ammo for a while....but it was in a nickle plated casing compared to a brass casing and it was just called critical defense.....

......and had a red tip instead of a green tip.....zombie max ammo is definately a marketing scheme by Hornady to get more sales and I am pretty sure that it is going to work very well for them......but, just like the guy in the last video, I would stick to the critical defense round, same price, same bullet, same amount of damage inflicted on your target, and has the nickle shell casing. I have fired the critical defense rounds before, and I would use nothing else for home protection.

let me know what you guys think.

Don't actually quote me on this, but gun laws in Australia are very strict. Much like the Netherlands, as Dutchy said, even police don't usually carry guns, instead toting Tasers. That being said, the police over here are so shitty badass they can still kill innocent students dangerous immigrin'tz with 'em.

But hey, who needs guns when you have beer cans.

Back on topic.

I'd say my favourite gun would hafta be the Luger P08 pistol.
Parabellum_1586.jpg

It was a very widely used German weapon in WWII, and was characterised by its unique toggle-lock action. All things considered, it's an old and rare gun nowadays, but they're very reliable, easy to get bullets for, have a great grip... And they're fucking heavy, so you can pistolwhip like Chuck Norris.

If I could own a gun, I would have one of these babies. Sure, it wouldn't be cheap. But it's hella nice, eh?

I'd say my favourite gun would hafta be the Luger P08 pistol.
Parabellum_1586.jpg

It was a very widely used German weapon in WWII, and was characterised by its unique toggle-lock action. All things considered, it's an old and rare gun nowadays, but they're very reliable, easy to get bullets for, have a great grip... And they're fucking heavy, so you can pistolwhip like Chuck Norris.

If I could own a gun, I would have one of these babies. Sure, it wouldn't be cheap. But it's hella nice, eh?
Yeah, but the sights on those were horrible. Also they tended to misfire and go off in some of the officers pockets. One thing I have to appreciate about that gun is the firepower.

Yeah, but the sights on those were horrible. Also they tended to misfire and go off in some of the officers pockets. One thing I have to appreciate about that gun is the firepower.
There are rare Persian 'Long Lugers' which have an extended barrel and a sight.

Mailed my application for a FOID card today... in about a month I should be able to legally own firearms.

I'm probably going to get a .22, just so that I can learn how to shoot better without it costing an arm and a leg.

Back