Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

True. Anything above .22 and is a bolt action is bad ass though. Probably get a marlin, unless you wanna add an extra 50 for something better.
I'll look into them, I didn't really have a specific rifle in mind right now. I know that I want to spend a bit more and get something decent though, not buy the cheapest thing off the rack like my buddy did. I don't know what brand his is, but it jammed twice in the five clips I fired from it. Also, it had a chincy feeling "Composite" AKA Plastic stock that just felt like crap.

So you're going to get a useless gun?
Eh, its a good way to start out. If crane is planning on buying a gun after that he should go for a .270, 9mm, or a 20 gauge shotgun. Then again, I dont know his plans or what guns he likes. \_(o_o)_/

Mailed my application for a FOID card today... in about a month I should be able to legally own firearms.

I'm probably going to get a .22, just so that I can learn how to shoot better without it costing an arm and a leg.

caliber has nothing to do with pricepoint. I sincerely recommend not going with a .22 if you are getting a handgun. There are some companies that have very afordable firearms in the higher calibers. I would refer you over to at least look at a Kel-Tec. Check out either the PF9, or the P11

BILD0233.JPG

^^^^that is the P11, which is a super-compact double stacked 9mm handgun that holds 12 rounds. and usually will run in the range of #250-$300.

or look into Rock Island Armory or Armscor 1911

ria1911b_267_detail.jpg

^^^^Rock Island 1911, tons and tons of customizations, comes in 9mm and .45, and will run in the $300-$450 range depending on which model you go with because again, there are tons of mods for them, and they come in standard 8rd single stack, or high cap 17 rd double stack.....and the 9mm version single stack was hands down one of the best guns I had ever shot, action was smooth, barely any recoil, and it just looks awesome.

But do shop around and do some research, that is the key point, don't just go into a gun store and buy the first thing you think you may like. because the same guns will sometimes have much different pricepoints at different shops for one, and overall, you will want something that you will feel comfortable with.

I have a small tarus P22 and it is cute and fun to plink cans with.....but that is all it is good for....the ammo is cheap, so you can shoot a bunch and it wont hurt your pocket, but this being said, 9mm is not too bad on cost per box of ammo, so although it is preference, you may be better off going with a little higher caliber.

but be sure to follow the 4 golden rules of firearm safety at all times,

1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

and be sure you have something you feel comfortable with.

I wonder if they edited the sound on this one.

nope, that was a special pistol built for covert operations, it used a special 7.62x42mm round with an internal piston. the sound is not edited, it was a sub sonic round and was uniquely built for silence.....and had an effective range of a whopping 25 meters......but again, its unique and the ammo was unique....and not very effective.

caliber has nothing to do with pricepoint. I sincerely recommend not going with a .22 if you are getting a handgun. There are some companies that have very afordable firearms in the higher calibers. I would refer you over to at least look at a Kel-Tec. Check out either the PF9, or the P11

BILD0233.JPG

^^^^that is the P11, which is a super-compact double stacked 9mm handgun that holds 12 rounds. and usually will run in the range of #250-$300.

or look into Rock Island Armory or Armscor 1911

ria1911b_267_detail.jpg

^^^^Rock Island 1911, tons and tons of customizations, comes in 9mm and .45, and will run in the $300-$450 range depending on which model you go with because again, there are tons of mods for them, and they come in standard 8rd single stack, or high cap 17 rd double stack.....and the 9mm version single stack was hands down one of the best guns I had ever shot, action was smooth, barely any recoil, and it just looks awesome.

But do shop around and do some research, that is the key point, don't just go into a gun store and buy the first thing you think you may like. because the same guns will sometimes have much different pricepoints at different shops for one, and overall, you will want something that you will feel comfortable with.

I have a small tarus P22 and it is cute and fun to plink cans with.....but that is all it is good for....the ammo is cheap, so you can shoot a bunch and it wont hurt your pocket, but this being said, 9mm is not too bad on cost per box of ammo, so although it is preference, you may be better off going with a little higher caliber.

but be sure to follow the 4 golden rules of firearm safety at all times,

1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

and be sure you have something you feel comfortable with.

If you want an afordable pistol then Highpoints are fantastic. My father bought himself a 9mm Highpoint for $175 and it is built very well and is a blast to shoot. He also bought a Highpoint carbine for a similar price that shoots 9mm rounds as well.

for the record godlib, I was talking about ammo price.

.22 Ammo is super duper cheap compared to other sizes. As it stands right now I'm a god awful shot. If I want to get better, I need to practice. I do not have infinite moneys.

.22 Ammo is super duper cheap compared to other sizes. As it stands right now I'm a god awful shot. If I want to get better, I need to practice. I do not have infinite moneys.

Don't get Federal .22 ammo... The case to the round blows open every other shot it feels like. But it's still dirt cheap!

I've played/shot a few of my uncles old military guns in ukraine last time i was there,

nothing beats the feel of AK47.

you just feel like you're really killing whatever is in your way.

In other news, I'm probably going to be buying myself a gun soon even though I don't have a gun license, just so I can intimidate little kids and shit.

I don't have infinite moneys either, but although .22 is way cheaper, I would still recommend you look towards 9mm, still pretty cheap, and you have a weapon that can stand take down a target instead of just piss them off......for the most part, most home invasion scenario's you will be close enough where aim does not matter too much, point in the direction of the target you want to destroy, pull trigger until it goes click, survey the damage......but I recommend going with 9mm and then go back and get a little .22 plinker for fun down the road.....but the bigger thing, is to find something you will be comfortable with, shop around a bit, and just tell the guys at the gun store what you are looking for in pricepoint and see all the options.....it is of course your preference, but dont just look at it in terms of ammo cost....the thing about ammo, you find that you will start to buy a box here and a box there, and it will just add up over time.

Just wondering... do any of you own machine pistols or submachine guns?

The firing range I frequent seems to only carry nothing shorter than carbines (exception: handguns and revolvers) for rentals. This is in California, but to my knowledge, I don't recall any legislation in my state banning such weapons, as long as they are converted to semi-auto only.

Back