How did you find t9k

IncognitoLens

Hola. I'm creating this thread here because I thought it would be interesting to see how others found the wonderful community we have. I guess I'll start off with myself.

For Christmas in 2011 I asked my mother for a minecraft premium gift code. I got the gift code to find the horrible truth that my CPU can't run survival. After about a year of watching videos and waiting for money for a new computor, I decided to check out minecraft classic. The first server I saw was the DiamondMines[freebuild] server, and the rest is history.

So I guess it's a good thing my CPU is shit, cause otherwise I might have never found classic, and t9k would have never been seen by my eyes.

I came across T9K in August of last year, it was my first time on a classic server (to be honest I came because the 9000 part attracted me to it.) I played a while, came back a few days later, started building, chatting with the guests, slowly made friends. I remember my second day on the classic server i was kicked by lzice for talking in caps too much. I managed to not get further kicks for a few months. The first few months I began to familiarize myself with the members of Team9000, had fun with many guests and learned how the ranking system worked. I've seen a lot of the personalities of so many members of this community. I had a lot of fun, one of my favorite guest builders was brortuck simply because his way of building hotels could not be matched and it was fun pretending to have your own room all to your self that you either helped build or was built for you. I started to really get into the things that were going on here like the spleef matches/arenas. I remember my first competition here which was originally supposed to be a thanksgiving themed contest. When I finally got survival, I sort of stopped going onto classic so much, only because there was so much to do in Survival and there were less trolls clogging up chat in Survival. Honestly part of the reason I stopped going to classic so frequently was the trolls, it bothered me to no end seeing walls of spam and crap. I had a lot of fun then, and I still have a lot of fun here now. Especially now, Ive become friends with many of the members here and honestly, I'm enjoying all of it. Even if we do get the occasional idiot troll. We always manage to get past that and enjoy ourselves in the end, because that's what a gaming community is about. I have yet to play other games like Killing Floor or TF2 only because I don't have Steam yet and I haven't checked how much they cost.

TL;DR?

I came across T9K through looking on the classic server list and finding 9000, but I grew to love this community as well.

I came across T9K in August of last year, it was my first time on a classic server (to be honest I came because the 9000 part attracted me to it.) I played a while, came back a few days later, started building, chatting with the guests, slowly made friends. I remember my second day on the classic server i was kicked by lzice for talking in caps too much. I managed to not get further kicks for a few months. The first few months I began to familiarize myself with the members of Team9000, had fun with many guests and learned how the ranking system worked. I've seen a lot of the personalities of so many members of this community. I had a lot of fun, one of my favorite guest builders was brortuck simply because his way of building hotels could not be matched and it was fun pretending to have your own room all to your self that you either helped build or was built for you. I started to really get into the things that were going on here like the spleef matches/arenas. I remember my first competition here which was origanlly supposed to be a thanksgiving themed contest. When I finally got survival, I sort of stopped going onto classic so much, only because there was so much to do in Survival and there were less trolls clogging up chat in Survival. Honestly part of the reason I stopped going to classic so frequently was the trolls, it bothered me to no end seeing walls of spam and crap. I had a lot of fun then, and I still have a lot of fun here now. Especially now, Ive become friends with many of the members here and honestly, I'm enjoying all of it. Even if we do get the occasional idiot troll. We always manage to get past that and enjoy ourselves in the end, because that's what a gaming community is about. I have yet to play other games like Killing Floor or TF2 only because I don't have Steam yet and I haven't checked how much they cost.

TL;DR?

I came across T9K through looking on the classic server list and finding 9000, but I grew to love this community as well.
tf2 is free

It was september 11th, 2010 I was in florida, and I wanted to play minecraft classic. So I joined the biggest server, which was T9K. I think I spent my entire vacation in Florida playing Minecraft.

I found T9k after my friend got me banned from the server we were on (Don't ask, Long story), and I was looking around mcserverlist.com, and after looking at multiple servers, and deciding that they weren't for me, I came across the T9k Survival server. Went on it, and I found a great server, with a large, and diverse community, was really great. So, I came for the game, stayed for the community. :3

EDIT: Errr....Should put a date on this. I found T9k On June 6, 2012. :thumbsup:

September 7, 2009. Day I watched Wooty's T9K cast. Created my JTV account that day. Been with ever since. Full story on that day.

Met Wooty, Meezymom, Jetmike, Ollee, and Ozy beginning of 2008 on justin.tv/woottv. We clicked and have been friends ever since. We along with Invaderkewl are the originating members.

This community has grown so much. It started off as a name for the gaming clan for jtv broadcasts. Grew from there into the fantastic community it is now. Offering services of all kinds and creating a home for gamers all over the world.

I found t9k on in March 2011, through Minecraft Classic. I joined mumble soon afterwards and I have been here ever since!

After joining a few different Classic servers only to find 'blockhell' in each one, I came across Team9000.
I ventured in, built a few things, helped others and enjoyed my time there.
Few days later, a bunch of the guys requested/demanded that I jump onto to Mumble server, which I did.
And the rest is history.

I've been in plenty of different online communities and I would have to say this has been one of better experiences of my life.
With a friendly community, mature users (most of the time), who are generally quite respectful to eachother, mix in an interest in gaming and you've got yourself a winning c-c-c-combo breaker.

After joining a few different Classic servers only to find 'blockhell' in each one, I came across Team9000.
I ventured in, built a few things, helped others and enjoyed my time there.
Few days later, a bunch of the guys requested/demanded that I jump onto to Mumble server, which I did.
And the rest is history.

I've been in plenty of different online communities and I would have to say this has been one of better experiences of my life.
With a friendly community, mature users (most of the time), who are generally quite respectful to eachother, mix in an interest in gaming and you've got yourself a winning c-c-c-combo breaker.
Only few get out from Block Hell alive.

Back in September or October maybe I got onto Classic. I went and built a few random things and then got off. Month later I went to try Minecraft Classic again. Found the T9k server again and built for a day or two. Bought Alpha and played on Survival for a day or so. Got building rights in Alpha the same day I got Cool in classic. Then I pissed off a bunch of people with ponies and the rest is history.

I knew most of the crew from my jtv days (see Brooklyn's post)... I watched the live cast a few times then the day this Site went live in got a race book message from ollee along the lines of "sign up, bitch". I read the Site for a few days (I seem to remember it being more of a tech blog format back then) before getting bored.

Then one fateful night I was casting a wootoff on jtv when for some reason wooty was in the channel is was casting in (it was actually snaggstufftv I believe). That fateful night wooty pulled a video of me from the archives and posted the thing here. After that I (mostly) never left.

Bonus points to the first person to dig up the video.

I joined 11 months ago. I haven't bought the game yet, I had to join a classic server. T9K has one of the most active classic servers, and I enjoyed doing the guest->cool and cool->builder challenges. When I reached builder I bought Minecraft and decided to stay on T9K, even if english is not my main language.

Back