How did you find t9k

Bonus points to the first person to dig up the video.

492567.jpg

Wouldn't happen to be this one would it?

February of 2011, got banned off of the Reddit servers by an idiot administrator.

Spent a few days searching for a good, mostly vanilla server. Stumbled across Team 9000 and have not looked back.

Met Wooty, Meezymom, Jetmike, Ollee, and Ozy beginning of 2008 on justin.tv/woottv. We clicked and have been friends ever since. We along with Invaderkewl are the originating members.

This community has grown so much. It started off as a name for the gaming clan for jtv broadcasts. Grew from there into the fantastic community it is now. Offering services of all kinds and creating a home for gamers all over the world.

All of this. < 3

Bonus points to the first person to dig up the video.

http://justin.tv/snaggstuff/b/258434158

I have it bookmarked...

Late January of 2011 I got Minecraft beta. After looking around server lists I was upset to only find building servers and PvP servers I found T9k and was delighted not to see PvP in the description. I joined and loved it. I had to quit after a few weeks though because I almost got kicked out of my advanced classes. I later came back around March or April and never left.

After playing around on a bunch of Classic Freebuild servers, which were basically Anarchy and looked liked the Fun world, I decided that I was going to sit down and put my time toward a well run server. Team9000 was the fortunatly the one I clicked, I was drawn in by the name cause I thought it was funny. Eventually I told some buddies about it, but they weren't up for "Classic" so I told them about T9K's survival server where they formed a town that I eventually got in to because they told me about their expansions in Survival mode.

And that's how I got into both Minecraft Classic and Survival.

I would say Classic, but it goes farther back than that.

It all starts with my little brother buying a game that I had never heard of. Needless to say, this was Minecraft Alpha Something. I loved it, and can still vividly remember tunneling my way through a small hill. It was a blast. Of course, survival gets lonely after a while, so I headed off to Classic.

Standard T9K recruitment story starts here, and has been told many times. Mine differs only in that I was (still am?) a total derp, as demonstrated by my noobish builds and forum ineptness. Apparently, to my ignorant mind, a forum was some sort of advanced texting system. Oh God, that spelling... I want to slap myself.

Anyway, I eventually ventured out of the Classic forum and into T9K as a whole, where proper grammar and spelling are the norm. Been here since, and have declared it home. It has even held the first slot on my bookmarks bar for ages. That alone should say enough.

-----

I notice that all these threads are about our introductions to T9K. What about the things T9K has introduced us to? There should be some interesting stories there.

Last year, my friend had been telling me about this game that he had bought. This game of his was called Minecraft. He was a devout player (still is) and finally got me to play it. I decided I wanted to play it. It was in the summer between my freshman and sophomore years in high school, and I was bored one day so I got on minecraft.net and checked it out. I started playing classic, then ragequitted because single player on classic is absoulte shit. About a week later, I decided to give multiplayer a try. I went to Opticraft, which had the most people on at the time, and about pissed my pants (that Statue of Liberty, holy fucking tits). Decided they were too good for me, came here, and here we are today.

My brother had been ranting and raving about this amazing thing called Minecraft and that he was part of a server that he was already ranked on, he could do more than other people, he had friends, he was a very happy little hermit. Well, I got a new netbook in the beginning of September of '11 and he'd still yet to shut up about it, in fact, he was playing it that very night. So, I folded. I asked what it was all about, and what I had to do to play building blocks with the big kids since Mommy threw out my Legos all those many years ago. He told me where to go, what to do, and how to get WoM. So, I checked it out. I built a small boat and a decent house my first night. Akamus kept hiding and placing a flower on top of my boat, and then some kid completely tore through my house at lightning speed as if he were using a bot. So, Casey and Casham came over and looked at it, were super nice to me, fixed it all up, and I decided to stay. I tried getting cool rank, and got it pretty quick, but didn't really fall in love with Team9000 until Casey told me the only chance I really had to get higher in the ranks, was to join Mumble and meet everyone. Now, I'll never leave. This isn't a community, this is my family.

Worked for me

Sometime last year (check classic /info bhamwildcat for a more approximate date because I've been here so long I don't remember when it was- sometime during 1.7.3 I believe) I started hearing people rave on and on about the awesomeness of this game called Minecraft. Then I saw this video and I knew I had to try it out. Next thing you know I'm on classic working my way to builder then buying the game, and the rest is history

I've known GreenEarth and Qiia since before either of them were ever on T9K, I lost the server I was on recently and met up with them, eventually let to t9k.

Well I first found out about minecraft through my subscriptions in Youtube. One of the machinima commentators (Mr360games) was making a Let's play about this thing called "Minecraft", I didn't pay much attention the first time i saw it, but I kept finding videos and videos about it so I decided to check what al the fuzz was about. I ended up in the minecraft.net homepage, I created my account and went on to stroll through the servers in the serverlist. First server I got into was actually Opticraft because it was in the first place at that time, I took a look around but I didnt like it that much, so I went on to the server in second place which would be Team9000. This was all during January of 2011. I liked it better, the lobby seemed to have more attitude and the people there seemed to be more welcoming. So I stayed, and now its been over a year and a half since I first came into Team9000...

First staff members I made friends with were Briggs and Aramat, may they rest in peace (lol j/k), I also remember Kagato helped me with a couple of builds, he was a builder at the time. And I remember meeting casey when he was just a guest in march 2011, he was so cute back then :3

feb 2012 i was like.... hmmm what the hell is this minecraft game advertised here....
So then I went on the Website, and saw the classic list.... and Team9000 was at the top, so since then i was on Team9000.

P.S. I totally forgot what i did when i was a guest

feb 2012 i was like.... hmmm what the hell is this minecraft game advertised here....
So then I went on the Website, and saw the classic list.... and Team9000 was at the top, so since then i was on Team9000.

P.S. I totally forgot what i did when i was a guest
Oh, I could never forget what I did as guest...considering that all I did was flood the guest worlds with Cave Story sprites.

Back