• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Is a creative server possible?

Though is would play creative much more, I suggest a survival and a creative server going "sidey by sidey" so my bothers and sisters who love survival would stay calm...

Ok wooty! Ver is ze clarity?

Though is would play creative much more, I suggest a survival and a creative server going "sidey by sidey" so my bothers and sisters who love survival would stay calm...

Ok wooty! Ver is ze clarity?

wat fuk?

129098498480365375.jpg

Oh hells yeah. But, I'll have one up and running again in the next week or so, I have more than enough resources to spare for one now that I have a new box.

At least in a creative server, I won't have to worry about Woot's destructive and pointless mod that kills off random villagers whenever they breed:
First of all, I never understood the need for that plugin. I recall Ozy stating that we would have to choose either this plugin or lag, and frankly, I think he was wrong. There exists another option to reducing entity numbers: since items (which are also entities) vastly outnumber animals/mobs, just use the auto-stack plugin instead. Giant animal farms are much less common, and can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis in the abuse forum.

Secondly, I don't understand why this is making the villagers actually disappear. I was under the impression that that part of the plugin was disabled after many of our farms were completely wiped out when the plugin was first introduced. Villagers are not cattle (though I've joked to the contrary before): no two villagers are alike, and I don't appreciate my most helpful villagers just being deleted.

Thirdly, the villagers tend to crowd up against one corner. It doesn't matter if the "village" is a 4x4 chunk area, they'll usually all be in the same chunk. And trying to herd them is - and always has been - hell.

Ahem.

Survival has many aspects to it that are far more rewarding than creative. Anybody (well, lots of people) can build amazing structures in creative mode. The true test is whether they have the time and patience to build the same amazing structure in survival. People can build rockets, planes, amazing redstone contraptions in creative... but are they willing to go up 200 blocks in the air, risk dying, and walking all the way back from spawn, in survival, to make the same awesome airship? That's the test of an awesome builder.

I would be in favor of a creative server, but only if the survival server stays as well.

A creative server would allow me to have a place to go to test my structures before I build them in survival, while at the same time actually allowing other people (town members, namely), to comment and edit my build in creative, before it goes into survival.

As for classic, I loved classic. But have not played it in over a year. Premium is just so much... better. At this point, I am indifferent to what happens to the classic server, even though my time spent there was incredibly fun.

This really doesn't need to turn into a "how do we do it" thread, as I've already mentioned before that I have a way for it to be done. People just need to be on board.

Yes, you have plenty of people on board with making a creative server. The question is this- does the survival server stay as well? If not, then you will probably lose a lot of support for a creative server. If yes, then most everyone is in favor.

Back