League of Legends Thread

Btw, I have a question, every time I play a match as Riven, I get fed, but eventually I just can't carry the game...

I try to disrupt enemy back lines and peel for my teammates, but it always leads to the game being lost in the end.

This is basically how I play Ahri, and I usually win my Ahri matches.

Am I doing it wrong? Or am I just unluckily getting unresponsive teams?

What level are you? We could play a game and I could try to help you.

Btw, I have a question, every time I play a match as Riven, I get fed, but eventually I just can't carry the game...

I try to disrupt enemy back lines and peel for my teammates, but it always leads to the game being lost in the end.

If you have read the patch notes, you'd see what was exactly going on.

Riot's goal was to empower her if she gets behind, but also reduce her lategame power if she's fed. Judging by your statement, that's probably what happened.

If you have read the patch notes, you'd see what was exactly going on.

Riot's goal was to empower her if she gets behind, but also reduce her lategame power if she's fed. Judging by your statement, that's probably what happened.

Riven's still ridiculously strong, period.

Riven doesn't have the range or escape that Ahri does, perhaps your back line is just getting shredded faster than you can kill their's.

I'd have to disagree with that. I did a game as Riven post-Patch 4.1 and I had trouble finishing off opponents even though I was fed badly.
I've also played alot of top lane Riven since the patch, and I haven't noticed that big of difference in my damage.

After royally fucking up my provisionals by going 3-7, I was placed in silver 5. As of now, I am 10-3 in silver and about to be silver 1.

You can go 3-7 and still get placed in Silver 5?

the placing system for ranked takes very heavily into consideration both the league you were in during the pre-season as well as your hidden MMR (matchmaking ranking for normals )before the elo reset.

If the difference between your ranking last season and your placement this season is very large, they probably look at other statistics and people who look statistically like they were under-ranked will receive more LP per ranked win than most first time ranked players, allowing them an easier time to find the correct league.

First PvP Pentakill :D unfortunately was a bit late for getting the words "Pentakill", but you can still see it in the chat. Their yi got a penta as well earlier in the match.

View attachment 142662 View attachment 142663
Those items.

You can go 3-7 and still get placed in Silver 5?
You can go 1-9 and be Plat. Just depends on what your previous MMR was. And what Stratadon said.

Just work on making good decisions. If you get fed, you can easily take out 2 people on your own as Riven. Riven is also not the greatest teamfighter, as she is naturally a melee champ. If you get ahead as Riven, push your lane quickly as go into your enemy's jungle / lanes and try to make plays. This is just general advice though, if you need more specific advice don't hesitate to ask :)

What level are you? We could play a game and I could try to help you.
I'm lvl 30.

Riven doesn't have the range or escape that Ahri does, perhaps your back line is just getting shredded faster than you can kill their's.

I wait for the tank to initiate at the enemy team (I initiate at their adc sometimes, but Riven is a bit too squishy to initiate all the time), then I jump at their carries, So most of the time my backline isn't busy getting raped. xD

I'm not very used to pushing the lane after a teamfight win though, unless my whole team is there.

So that's probably what i'm doing wrong. :(
I've also played alot of top lane Riven since the patch, and I haven't noticed that big of difference in my damage.
I'd have to disagree with that. I did a game as Riven post-Patch 4.1 and I had trouble finishing off opponents even though I was fed badly.

I played Riven a bit before the 4.1 patch, and the only change I actually felt was the change to her shield, I kind of screwed up sometimes because the shield's short duration confused me xD, but I guess it's ok since a HUGE shield that lasts 3 seconds AND is on a short cooldown is too much.

Was hoping to go 8-2 in provisional, nope. AFK in last match. Oh well. 7-3 and Gold 4 isn't too bad I guess. Was hoping for Gold 2 or so.

You can't be serious right? -_-

New skin is Scorched Earth Renekton. I saw it while I was on PBE, and it's pretty much the equivalent of Infernal Nasus in a way.
Have you looked at the comments on Riot's post at all?

And yes, I know it's Scorched Earth Renekton.

Back