• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

[MC] Serpent's Pass Thread

I don't know if I will ever go there but at lease if I ever do I can say i am a member so

IGN (case-sensitive): Ekgladaitor
Length of Time in the Community: 2 years
Last OFFICIAL T9k Map Played On: the current one

Re: Nether portal:

You have permission, I can't provide guidance though as I have no idea how to fix that :D

I'm not trying to move the surface portal we have now to match up with any particular portal in the nether, I figured just make a new one wherever works best and then put a portal in the nether wherever is necessary to match up with that. I don't have any thoughts about what kind of decoration to put around it or anything, except maybe to build it into the cliff face on your right as you approach the SP city portal.

I'm not trying to move the surface portal we have now to match up with any particular portal in the nether, I figured just make a new one wherever works best and then put a portal in the nether wherever is necessary to match up with that. I don't have any thoughts about what kind of decoration to put around it or anything, except maybe to build it into the cliff face on your right as you approach the SP city portal.
Ahh ok, fair enough. The cliff face sounds good to me, if you can get everything working, myself or one of the Arts Ministers can fancy it up if you like :)

Ahh ok, fair enough. The cliff face sounds good to me, if you can get everything working, myself or one of the Arts Ministers can fancy it up if you like :)

Okay, it's working now. Something needs to be done about the nether side too - a decent-looking, ghast-safe, zombie pigman-safe, protected tunnel. Gurw, can we get a diagonal tunnel protected? I can start building something once I know the answer to this question.

Okay, it's working now. Something needs to be done about the nether side too - a decent-looking, ghast-safe, zombie pigman-safe, protected tunnel. Gurw, can we get a diagonal tunnel protected? I can start building something once I know the answer to this question.
What do you mean by protected tunnel? Is it a nether tunnel to SP from spawn or what?

I'd suggest something "L" shaped for a tunnel. Diagonal protections aren't exactly easy, and the less turns (just one, please), the better.

RESIDENT APPLIACTION
IGN: canacona
Length of time: 2 years
Last Official T9K map: the current one
Member to vouch: me

Besides, don't mine-tracks go by Manhattan distance, as opposed to Euclidean distance? That is, even with lots of corners, you go the same distance "diagonally" as you do in an "L" shape, since you aren't actually moving the same speed diagonally.

Back