• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New Woodkeep planning

Where should Woodkeep be located

• Snow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Desert

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Island/beach

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Forest

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like this idea, important people in woodkeep could live up top maybe? Mayor, heD of guard, 2nd In command of guard? :), head of design, exc. Exc.
Dungeon and Barracks will be on top, but off the the side somewhat. Also, barracks will NOT be a crappy wooden square with too many beds. It will look nice. Also, the dungeon will be underground...

I like this idea, important people in woodkeep could live up top maybe? Mayor, heD of guard, 2nd In command of guard? :), head of design, exc. Exc.
That makes you sound power hungery btw. The Mayor should live on the top level by himself

That makes you sound power hungery btw. The Mayor should live on the top level by himself
*mayors.

The town will be in a rectangular/square shape because of the walls, leaving four places to have those houses. Also, we just so happen to have four people in command, Pyrofiredelta, me, Krinzler, and MiniCacti.

*mayors.

The town will be in a rectangular/square shape because of the walls, leaving four places to have those houses. Also, we just so happen to have four people in command, Pyrofiredelta, me, Krinzler, and MiniCacti.
Sorry I meant them aswell

Whoever has played Skyrim, think Whiterun. Large palace on top, and underneath that (underground) is the dungeon.

I only have one thing to say. I like the idea` of using space under ground but i dont agree with living underground as our name is woodkeep. I believe we should live above ground and have BIG farms underground and 'show' farms above ground;

I only have one thing to say. I like the idea` of using space under ground but i dont agree with living underground as our name is woodkeepand i believe we should live above ground and have BIG farms underground and 'show' farms above ground;
Where did you get the idea we would have housing underground? Yeah, redstoning and farms (all except for wheat) will be underground.

Where did you get the idea we would have housing underground? Yeah, redstoning and farms (all except for wheat) will be underground.

here
Dungeon and Barracks will be on top, but off the the side somewhat. Also, barracks will NOT be a crappy wooden square with too many beds. It will look nice. Also, the dungeon will be underground...
amd here:
I was thinking... you guys play Skyrim right? If so, let't have districts marked by separate elevations. Like Whiterun!
Underground: Redstoning
Surface level 1: Marketplace
Surface level 2: Recreational things
Surface level 3: Housing
Surface level 4: Special things (i.e. Treasury, Manors, King's palace)
-edit-
Outer: Natural farming

I was thinking... you guys play Skyrim right? If so, let't have districts marked by separate elevations. Like Whiterun!
-edit-
Yea I like the walls in Whiterun but the walls in Solitude are pretty freakin sweet. If we were gonna be in a mountain area we could use walls like in Solitude. Same concept really. I like the walls where you can walk along the tops of the walls with access points from the inside.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/Skyrim-Tourist-Solitude.jpg

But yea for those of you with Skyrim go check out Solitude and its walls. Those with/without Skyrim can check out these vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDlGyYpjL_w (Nice aerial views)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXTT5K5G8w

It shows off some of the walls and architecture in Solitude.

The walls don't look unnatural, they aren't all at the same level, it's not in the shape of a large square or rectangle and for that matter it isn't even symmetrical. It looks as though the people who built the city and settled there built it up to match the flow and shapes of the landscape it was built on.

Yea I like the walls in Whiterun but the walls in Solitude are pretty freakin sweet. If we were gonna be in a mountain area we could use walls like in Solitude. Same concept really. I like the walls where you can walk along the tops of the walls with access points from the inside.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/Skyrim-Tourist-Solitude.jpg

But yea for those of you with Skyrim go check out Solitude and its walls. Those with/without Skyrim can check out these vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDlGyYpjL_w (Nice aerial views)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXTT5K5G8w

It shows off some of the walls and architecture in Solitude.

The walls don't look unnatural, they aren't all at the same level, it's not in the shape of a large square or rectangle and for that matter it isn't even symmetrical. It looks as though the people who built the city and settled there built it up to match the flow and shapes of the landscape it was built on.
You saw all the pictures above... did you not? You don't like those?

You saw all the pictures above... did you not? You don't like those?
The design itself looks cool but the walls are all the same level. Has an unnatural symmetrical shape and looks like it's gonna be a large square or something. Would make a good generic fort.

I like the guard posts and walk around space but also lacking ramp to get onto the wall. Though I realize it isn't complete yet in the pictures.

The design itself looks cool but the walls are all the same level. Has an unnatural symmetrical shape and looks like it's gonna be a large square or something. Would make a good generic fort.

I like the guard posts and walk around space but also lacking ramp to get onto the wall. Though I realize it isn't complete yet in the pictures.
The way to get on top of the walls will be accessible from the inside. However, you spoke my mind... sort of... I wanted it to be varying in elevation and shape, like Whiterun, but I never really did that in the pictures. The reason I wanted the varying elevations was for the walls was for my elevation idea.
-edit-
You can help me with the walls... unless there was something else you were going to do...

The way to get on top of the walls will be accessible from the inside. However, you spoke my mind... sort of... I wanted it to be varying in elevation and shape, like Whiterun, but I never really did that in the pictures. The reason I wanted the varying elevations was for the walls was for my elevation idea. You can help me with the walls... unless there was something else you were going to do...
Sure I could help out with the walls. Only other thing I have plans for is an underground melon farm. But yea since you have skyrim I really would recommend going to Solitude and really taking in how they designed the walls there. Really nice style to it.

Hopefully the server comes out soon. I might not be able to help out as soon as server starts because I got trial in early january and may or may not have to do some jail time.. Long story lol, but if I can be on I would like to participate in helping out woodkeep from day 1.

i have no idea if this is the right thread to ask to join. is it?
Just fill out this form and we will see to it in a timely manner:

Ingame username:
How long have you played Survival?
Were you a part of a town in this server prior to the wipe?
What is it that makes you want to be a part of Woodkeep?
Do you play classic? and if so, what rank are you? (not needed but its helpful to us)

As far as I've seen, the walls aren't being put up until we are done flattening the land, as per Pyro's request. Its taking a long time.

Back