Pax East 2013: Button Contest

Point taken on the thing about size and possibly copping out.

Kd2DqCT.png

RsQ7Isw.png

I made the text bigger, so it's legible as a 2.25" button.
The first one. Definitely the first one. I'm starting to annoy myself with perfectionist tendencies, but I'm curious about your creative process. Why tilt the bottom team9000.net? For that matter, having it on there twice seems excessive. Hmmm. What else to put there.....Whale Penis?

Zahldar, if I could make a suggestion: Perhaps you could dress up the text, or the bakground or something somehow? I like where you're going, but it seems plain.

The first one. Definitely the first one. I'm starting to annoy myself with perfectionist tendencies, but I'm curious about your creative process. Why tilt the bottom team9000.net? For that matter, having it on there twice seems excessive. Hmmm. What else to put there.....Whale Penis?

I didn't mean to tilt the bottom team9000.net. In fact, I don't even see what you're talking about. And yes, it is a bit excessive; however, I don't think Whale Penis would be entirely appropriate to put on it. :p
Also, my creative process goes like this:
[collapse='process!']
1. See thing to be modified/created.
2. Mess around a bit with it, trying random ideas.
3. Keep messing around until it looks somewhat interesting.
4. Work on that idea.
5. Poof, a draft!
6. If the draft is up to spec, clean up and I'm done! If not, rinse, repeat.
[/collapse]

Zahldar, if I could make a suggestion: Perhaps you could dress up the text, or the background or something somehow? I like where you're going, but it seems plain.

I messed with the fonts a bit (Impact for "2013," and Linux Biolinum G for "Here's the plan: don't fail." (Photoshop has some weird fonts. >.>)) I also took the liberty of tossing on some free-style backgrounds. (I would have done more, but my tablet still refuses to cooperate.)

Suggestions (from anyone) are welcome.

Maybe add a gradient?

Good idea! I don't know if they turned out well, however.

[collapse='plenty of versions!!']
OPPPhIt.png

LJrqeIn.png

W0NdkKI.png

oC7Xq93.png

YRHoAu1.png

gZTX7bH.png

ks1JAmK.png

2YqvL7F.png

[/collapse]

The buttons in the thumbnails are about 2", depending on your monitor. Just for the record.

I didn't mean to tilt the bottom team9000.net. In fact, I don't even see what you're talking about. And yes, it is a bit excessive; however, I don't think Whale Penis would be entirely appropriate to put on it. :p
[collapse='process!']
4. Work on that idea.
5. Poof, a draft!
[/collapse]

I messed with the fonts a bit (Impact for "2013," and Linux Biolinum G for "Here's the plan: don't fail." (Photoshop has some weird fonts. >.>)) I also took the liberty of tossing on some free-style backgrounds. (I would have done more, but my tablet still refuses to cooperate.)

OPPPhIt.png

LJrqeIn.png

W0NdkKI.png

oC7Xq93.png

YRHoAu1.png

gZTX7bH.png

ks1JAmK.png

2YqvL7F.png

[/collapse]

The buttons in the thumbnails are about 2", depending on your monitor. Just for the record.
The 6th is great, but the use of Impact (?) for the "2013" looks a bit unprofessional.

If that 6th design had a different font for the 2013, say the same font as the rest of the text, it would look great.

Good job there hardhat

The 6th is great, but the use of Impact (?) for the "2013" looks a bit unprofessional.

If that 6th design had a different font for the 2013, say the same font as the rest of the text, it would look great.

Yeah, I didn't really expect the Impact to slide.

0cOltby.png

It has been changed it to match the rest of the text.

[collapse='Have a few more, just for the fun of it.']
bzLIg1k.png

DXu4unB.png

mhi5c1V.png

XClujsW.png

[/collapse]

Good job there hardhat.

Thank you!

[collapse='process!']
4. Work on that idea.
5. Poof, a draft!
[/collapse]

OPPPhIt.png

LJrqeIn.png

W0NdkKI.png

oC7Xq93.png

YRHoAu1.png

gZTX7bH.png

ks1JAmK.png

2YqvL7F.png

[/collapse]

I like the last one, but with the font of your next post. That has my vote.

Work in Progress, let me know if I'm moving in the right direction. I also need to know how to put a border around items, like a glow.

jhN9FsC.jpg
This again is perfect, but I would recommend a black background as opposed to a grey.

Don't stress about the text.

Back