Project Shoop 0.0.1a

Bored

Hello fellow T9k'ers! Welcome to the new group project that has been on a lot of people's minds surprisingly :D. The T9k Game Project! For more details, read on oh interested ones.

Overview: This is a collaborative game project for the T9k members who have expressed interest in making a game. As you all may have noticed, we have quite a few skilled T9k members out there who have been just itching to get into a game industry level job, whether it's being a coder or being a concept artist. This project is gonna be an online mesh of organizing those interested to produce a grade A product (and to see what we can come up with in general with all the years of gaming :).)

Planning: I will be Producer/Project Lead for this, as such I will be filling rolls dependent on people's interest/inquiries and their skill in the specified job they will be doing. This will be a volunteer project, compensation will be allotted depending on if the Executive Producer (Wooty) markets the game with the T9k brand. Until enough interest is expressed here in the forums, any materials for the game, game name, game genre, etc. will be decided at a later discussion (private convo will be organized with 'devs')

Current Positions (Revised with real names in final product):

Supervisor/Project Restrictions Consultant - Wooty
Executive Producer/Project Lead - Bored
Asst. Producer/Super awesome guy - Rev80
Lead Concept Artist/Designer - y2hecate
Artist/Designers - that_taco_guy, Daydreaming, Pixiel, Miguel
UI Designer - Krylani
Additional Artists - Sean1995, Magicfordummies
Background Designer - ________
Game Concept/Story Lead- JerzeyLegend
Game Concept/Story Team- Tofurkey, Nordiclovepotion, Vorsprung, David, Godliberator, moondoggy23
Lead Programmer - StTheo
Programmers - Kerzmeister, littlespedve, Riein, im3nuron
Additional Programmers - Foxzm, cacher, Kimbal86
Game Music/Lead - Donvittorio
Game SFX - Rev80, Motorkat, karmahurts
Creative Consultant - NewspaperCrane
1st Tester - Dmax
2nd Tester - Homerun09
3rd Tester - tshinotu145
4th Tester - ChibaMasato
5th Tester - Negative_Zer0

*Jobs are subject to change pending positions needed/filled.

Inquiring into any positions requires a relevant portfolio or reference material to show level of skill in position applying for.

I look forward to the discussion on this and hope to see what an awesome community can come up with :).

~Bored

P.S. Non-disclosure agreement/other legal material will be a requirement for this project, if someone is familiar with typing up such things that would be pretty sweet :D.

Note: Depending on level of skill, it will be likely a Terraria style (32 bit) for an intro to this collaborative gaming builds. Future projects if possible will be much more detailed.

I don't have any formal education in this sort of thing, so programming/design are likely out, but I'd gladly donate some time to breaking all the things (i.e. testing). :p

I could possibly do Storyboard or do some kind of world design/plot associated stuff.

Edit: I write, so wherever this would fit best. No programming experience (Unless HTML counts lol)

I guess I could help with UI Design, too (as long as someone else is doing the coding to make it work); I do have several years of technical drawing experience (four in high school and two more as an architecture major) though never anything I actually got paid for.

I could do some art for the game, or at least try. ^^;; Here's all of my work on DeviantArt, and I can do some pixel art too (ish). I'm sure there's probably someone more qualified, but I'm here if you need me.

I could also do testing. x3

Note: All positions will be involved with testing, as I would like devs to get a feel of how the game is moving and apply to their positions :).

I'm willing to lend a hand where I can. Not sure what I can do to help though. I'm learning the Python programming language atm but I doubt that's particularly useful for game programming. My math is rusty. I have excellent English Language skills and I claim to be creative even though I never write anything or draw anything and I'm always busy doing nothing. I suppose my strengths are more in the project management area as I've studied business, enterprise, and entrepreneurship. Also I'm currently working in accounts and studying towards a qualification in accounting. Go figure.

I'm a CS major, what programming language, OS, and game engine are we using?
Depends on other programmers proficiencies, I'll have a discussion with all programmers interested to see what decision to come up with on that :).

For portfolios/reference material please PM me with inquiring position as the topic.

Can I be the guy who gets paid to procrastinate and when someone questions me being there I pull the most awesomest shit out of my ass?

Also, I'm pretty good at creating stories.

I am still pretty much learning the basics of programming, but I do have good ideas so I would be good for helping with stories or testing

Back