• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

PvP in Survival

I could give them unique entrances between the spawn area and arena. Besides, the platform I'm building on dominates 16 chunks, and when finished will convert 100% of the space above it (minus the main existing walkways) into spawning rooms (i.e. lots and lots of mobs). Also the base (what will become an arena) is completely enclosed.
If this is the case, I would like to partake in the bloodshed. Sounds like it would be a fun little challenge. But keep in mind, More mobs = Greater chance of them killing each other, instead of the player :P

I could give them unique entrances between the spawn area and arena. Besides, the platform I'm building on dominates 16 chunks, and when finished will convert 100% of the space above it (minus the main existing walkways) into spawning rooms (i.e. lots and lots of mobs). Also the base (what will become an arena) is completely enclosed.
Spawn Eggs should be purchaseable at Trader Bill.

ok, throwing most ideas as well as must haves together to produce:
  • PVP Area
  • Far Away from spawn
  • Noob Proof
  • Towny Enabled
  • Prep rooms and Viewing stands with no PVP
  • Easy transportation to and from the arena, yet hidden from newbies.
  • Must be designed so no one player or team has an advantage over another.

anything else? :3

• PVP Area
  • Far Away from spawn
  • Noob Proof
  • Towny Enabled

Easy transportation to and from the arena, yet hidden from newbies.

• PVP Area
  • Far Away from spawn
  • Noob Proof
  • Towny Enabled

Must be designed so no one player or team has an advantage over another.

Easy transportation to and from the arena, yet hidden from newbies.
The whole point of it being far away is so noobs don't go as they don't want to waste their time. If there is a short cut i highly doubt it will stay hidden.

The whole point of it being far away is so noobs don't go as they don't want to waste their time. If there is a short cut i highly doubt it will stay hidden.
You're missing the point...

Instead of having to go through 3 swamps, a forest, 2 oceans and a mountain range and risking dying multiple times getting there, I'm saying have a series of underground hidden railways leading to it. That way it wouldn't be such a hassle that nobody would want to go. (people from the 1.8 test server would know exactly what I'm talking about)

people will just do what we did for spawn. Make town rails there or even nether portal paths. We just don't want noobs reaching it, if they keep dieing trying to get there then they will give up work on gear and try again later.

The arena in eagle pass was based off of it. :P
Nope. TheGurw designed the arena in EP without prior knowledge of the Xankul one. He didn't find out about the one in Alpha until rsmv commented on the similarities. He actually had originally intended the arena floor to be made of obsidian, but that was too resource-intensive at the time and so it was decided smoothstone would have to do.

Great minds just think alike, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, FYI, TheGurw just mentioned something that -might- apply here. Back in the days of EP, Woot's official statement regarding a PvP arena was "If you build it, and make it square, I will turn on PvP in it." Not sure if that's still relevant.

Next map? We aren't getting wiped already confirmed with woot.
No shit, Sherlock.

However, I see little point in doing anything WorldHub-related. Reason? The towns are already fully developed, and there is really no central location WorldHub could reside at in this world. In short, WorldHub is defunct in this world - towns already have their own train lines, etc.

I am waiting till next wipe for WorldHub so I can ride the zeitgeist and make WorldHub meaningful.

Mmmkay? ;)

EDIT: Oh, FYI, TheGurw just mentioned something that -might- apply here. Back in the days of EP, Woot's official statement regarding a PvP arena was "If you build it, and make it square, I will turn on PvP in it." Not sure if that's still relevant.

If that still applys then I would help with it.

• PVP Area
  • Far Away from spawn
  • Noob Proof
  • Towny Enabled
  • Easy transportation to and from the arena, yet hidden from newbies.
  • Must be designed so no one player or team has an advantage over another.

updated :3

Back