• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Self Given Titles?

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

TheXraptor

Alright here is the idea:

You know how the rank and profile picture next to your post is generally a little bland? (Usually just the avatar and the unbelievably common "Active Member")

Perhaps you could give yourself a title, which would go above your rank, so say......rsmv2you wanted to give himself a title, he would have his avatar, something along the lines of "Professional Brony" or "Video Editor", and Well-Known Member.

This would create a little more variety, and would give you something to look at when you are reading through threads.

What do you think?

*is excited I was used as a example* :D!!!

By the way I like the idea of there being a extra slot in the options of your profile and you typed in what you wanted your title to be and it sends it to Wooty or a admin and if they approve then you get it. Also you can only send one once every certain amount of time..like a month, or a few weeks or maybe if it doesn't get accepted you gotta wait 5-10 minutes to request another one if it doesn't get accepted.

*is excited I was used as a example* :D!!!

By the way I like the idea of there being a extra slot in the options of your profile and you typed in what you wanted your title to be and it sends it to Wooty or a admin and if they approve then you get it. Also you can only send one once every certain amount of time..like a month, or a few weeks or maybe if it doesn't get accepted you gotta wait 5-10 minutes to request another one if it doesn't get accepted.

I think it would be better if you just typed it in, like your status, and if the admins thought the title was vulgar or inappropriate, they would make you change it.

Unfortunately it would be too easy for someone to make their title "Admin" or something that conveys more authority than they have. Even if the current staff had to approve every title there would still be a risk of misrepresentation.

Well... I have seen some sites with these things that if someone tries to enter something like admin or something, it would not let them do it.
If you guys get what I mean

Maybe only well-knowns get it, their devotion to the forums gets a reward? :cool:

(Hey, look what I am!)

Maybe only well-knowns get it, their devotion to the forums gets a reward? :cool:

(Hey, look what I am!)

I like this idea, but I think that it should be Active Member. That way people who are ACTUAL active members can get a title, but a New Member or regular Member couldn't just make an account and troll.

I like this idea, but I think that it should be Active Member. That way people who are ACTUAL active members can get a title, but a New Member or regular Member couldn't just make an account and troll.
This works too. By the time most people are "active" they are well-known. And then there's a ton of people who are ranks below what they should be, Squeebz, Donvittorio, people like that that don't post a ton, but are very important.

Shadowwolf, if you read this, you need your proper title now, your recent work has been very on topic and good (for the most part :p )

Ustulo said:
This works too. By the time most people are "active" they are well-known. And then there's a ton of people who are ranks below what they should be, Squeebz, Donvittorio, people like that that don't post a ton, but are very important.

Shadowwolf, if you read this, you need your proper title now, your recent work has been very on topic and good (for the most part :p )

I have tried hard to make sure my posts have better content. :)
Hopefully I will get it once I get 250 likes...

I guess I'll help out too...250 likes are as hard as it gets for points! There are member out there that have WAY more likes than they do post. I think Goldseeker is one of them.

I got 250 likes at 800 posts...I got 1k posts with 320 likes....I'm 461 likes atm.....with 1260 posts...and I only post stuff that isn't like 5 words and I dont double/triple post.....Don't know if its saying anything..I'm just saying only post stuff that really matters...not going into a thread to continue a sentence someone made.
I feel there needs to be a bit more rewarding for those who have the 250 likes reward...and even more rewarding for people who posted stuff that people liked and was relevant enough to a extant you get the 500 likes reward. :confused:
I have never abused the system for my title but I have a greater sense of accomplishment when I got my well known member status by likes. I wish others would kinda respect this a bit more instead of "trying" to get a title to get more recognition in a community, try posting stuff that matters that people "like" to be more recognized in the community.

^^^^^epitome of a troll. ^^^^^

I was referring to not making 5 word posts. Or double/triple posting. I don't think you have much room to say anything against that.
yea, i gotta admit i dont see you post small posts too often or even double+ post

Back