• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Self Given Titles?

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I feel like if admins had to personally give the title to a person, that almost nobody would have titles, only those who are very close to admins or those who are very lucky would ever get a title.

I like the idea of titles being unlocked at "Well-Known Member".
Oh well, I'll beg to casham.

But I like this plan.

I feel like if admins had to personally give the title to a person, that almost nobody would have titles, only those who are very close to admins or those who are very lucky would ever get a title.

I like the idea of titles being unlocked at "Well-Known Member".
noooo, if people abuse the system to get the title Well-Known Member, then imagine how much worse it would be if that came with a custom title-ability :O

noooo, if people abuse the system to get the title Well-Known Member, then imagine how much worse it would be if that came with a custom title-ability :O
Wooty is going to make the system based off likes since posts are too easy to abuse...If you managed to get 250 likes legit then Im pretty sure a custom title ability would be well earned. Maybe 500 likes you should be able to unlock it.

Wooty is going to make the system based off likes since posts are too easy to abuse...If you managed to get 250 likes legit then Im pretty sure a custom title ability would be well earned. Maybe 500 likes you should be able to unlock it.
250 would be better, 500 is much to difficult. Besides, 250 is quite an accomplishment.

i better start working on my material
This is what I was afraid of. People would try to hard to get likes and then only aim for posting stuff that certain people wanna hear and sometimes that can back fire and it can be stuff people don't wanna hear. More or less don't "try" to get likes. Just post stuff that matters.....Not random eye candy....

@whoever suggested having admins approve titles
What we'd get would be all the admin pages spammed with people asking for their title to be approved.
AND
jiyeow-albums-spam-picture94-no-spam-matas-gatos.jpg

All teh kittiez will die!
(No, this is not a deliberate attempt to gain likes.)

@whoever suggested having admins approve titles
What we'd get would be all the admin pages spammed with people asking for their title to be approved.
AND
jiyeow-albums-spam-picture94-no-spam-matas-gatos.jpg

All teh kittiez will die!
(No, this is not a deliberate attempt to gain likes.)

Liar

I would be down for 500 likes. I mean I have only been around since February and I already almost have 250.

As far as saying stuff that people want to hear goes, I think the bigger problem is voicing opinions that no one really has the balls to say. Liking a post like that is kind of a passive-aggressive way of picking sides and I see it all the time.

Team9000 is supposed to be a happy place but I have seen it transform into a big debate-fest so to speak and I think the admins are ready for a change (IE narwhal's temp ban and deletion of discussion). We will see what happens.

I would be down for 500 likes. I mean I have only been around since February and I already almost have 250.

As far as saying stuff that people want to hear goes, I think the bigger problem is voicing opinions that no one really has the balls to say. Liking a post like that is kind of a passive-aggressive way of picking sides and I see it all the time.

Team9000 is supposed to be a happy place but I have seen it transform into a big debate-fest so to speak and I think the admins are ready for a change (IE narwhal's temp ban and deletion of discussion). We will see what happens.
Exactly what Im afraid of.
Also 500 likes would be a very big reward, I mean me and Wooty are currently the only ones who have it. :confused:
Maybe add more like milestones.

Exactly what Im afraid of.
Also 500 likes would be a very big reward, I mean me and Wooty are currently the only ones who have it. :confused:
Maybe add more like milestones.
I think 500 is too hard... maybe a 350 would be better?

I seem to be one of the only people to think this...but Moondoggy's idea back on page 2 is pretty solid (http://t9k.me/VD). It requires little time and maintenance from the admins while giving people a sense of uniqueness on the forums. People want the "Well-Known Member" title for two reasons: A challenge, or they feel the need to have to have the title because its there. I think having separate categories for ranks will alleviate most problems.

Wait...Didnt woot say that he does not want a title system based on like?!

He did but how many other solutions are there? Right now there is obviously coding put in place with the trophy point system that does everything automatically off of likes and post count. Woot wants another solution but all others at this point seem to require more work for admins.

On a separate note I think Shadowolf doesn't know is he has a custom title. Custom titles seem to override automated titles and his hasn't changed even though he has met the criteria.... He should be proud. :D

Back