• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Self Given Titles?

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Y'know...a rank-system that I always enjoyed was the one that was (I don't know if it is still implemented or not) used on the Adult Swim message boards. There were several ranks, each different colors and within each color was different ranks that was attributed to different milestones. So, if you're someone with few posts, but many likes, you're one rank, but if you have many posts, but few likes, you're a different rank. I think it'd be kinda fun to make up a list of ranks like that here.

Unfortunately it would be too easy for someone to make their title "Admin" or something that conveys more authority than they have. Even if the current staff had to approve every title there would still be a risk of misrepresentation.

You could reserve the spot such as admin or OP in different forms so only certified users could place it.

After sleeping on this overnight, I think it is too easy to abuse... like posting something inappropriate, etc.

moondoggy23 said:
Y'know...a rank-system that I always enjoyed was the one that was (I don't know if it is still implemented or not) used on the Adult Swim message boards. There were several ranks, each different colors and within each color was different ranks that was attributed to different milestones. So, if you're someone with few posts, but many likes, you're one rank, but if you have many posts, but few likes, you're a different rank. I think it'd be kinda fun to make up a list of ranks like that here.

Do you work for AS?
Play more Durarara!!

Nuron made me lul so hard, but, back to the subject.

I think self given titles would be a really good idea, to name yourself, and such.

but at the same time, i can see why it wouldn't be a good idea, because people could abuse them, use it for inappropriate use, and other things,
the way i see it, maybe you could submit your title to woot, and if he approves of it, it COULD possibly work, but again, it's all up to woot if it can manage to do this.

I think self given titles would be a really good idea, to name yourself, and such.

but at the same time, i can see why it wouldn't be a good idea, because people could abuse them, use it for inappropriate use, and other things,
the way i see it, maybe you could submit your title to woot, and if he approves of it, it COULD possibly work, but again, it's all up to woot if it can manage to do this.
I like the approval idea.

mdukey said:

Wooty said:
User titles based on likes will be disabled as soon as I come up with a good alternative. You guys abuse the system way too much for a simple title.

Back on topic. I like the idea of having titles approved. but because of all the users we have, that will end up making a lot of work for the forum admins. and we all know, work is lame.

.. i can point out numerous fails in this thread,
but this isn't the point

i want self given titles because it gives a chance to name yourself so people can recognize you better

I think we just need to have ranks based on more than just posts and likes. Of course I don't know what other things it could be however it seems like just spamming posts isn't a good way to get Well-Known/Active Member.

Back