• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Self Given Titles?

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
My thoughts:

1) New member to member is too easy. Isn't it like 5 posts or something?
2) There are way too many active member titles on the forums
3) In about 3 months, there will be way too many well-known member titles on the forums
4) Being able to pick your title after a certain point will add some diversity to the forums
5) the possible abuse problem is very easily corrected and by the time the member reaches this point, abuse is unlikely
6) anyone can spam posts but it takes good content to accumulate a number of "like"s. Any future ranking system should go off of this instead IMO

Clayto1332 said:
My thoughts:

3) In about 3 months, there will be way too many well-known member titles on the forums
4) Being able to pick your title after a certain point will add some diversity to the forums
5) the possible abuse problem is very easily corrected and by the time the member reaches this point, abuse is unlikely
6) anyone can spam posts but it takes good content to accumulate a number of "like"s. Any future ranking system should go off of this instead IMO

Diversity FTW. I am a member. :cool:

My thoughts:

I am ustulo, and I approve this message.
Me and rsmv2you were the start of a sudden accumulation of well-known members and for the reasons expressed above, I think it is an absolute must to have titles.

I call dibs on.....well..... I would rather have a title that everyone else thinks of me as, what could my title be? (at least that would be fitting........don't make any douche suggestions)

I wouldn't get ahead of yourselves. Woot will probably pick the route that is scalable requires the lowest amount of time/maintenance. Custom titles would be neat, but unlikely.

I think that this is an excellent idea. However, titles can be abusive and misleading if we grant this ability. Other than that I like it! If no one does...
Nope.avi
BTW...if we do have a rank system, I want it to be white listed or sumthing. There are so many "Well-Known" people or "Actives" who are NOTHING like their title says.

Exactly, so the system is already fine the way it is :) I mean on a more general basis though, I didn't choose this title, it came with the game rank and only means more work for me.

I feel like if admins had to personally give the title to a person, that almost nobody would have titles, only those who are very close to admins or those who are very lucky would ever get a title.

I like the idea of titles being unlocked at "Well-Known Member".

Back